Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Fasting Challenge Next Week page 10

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Um, Piscator, I'm trying to access the Harper's article but it won't let me without subscribing for a whole year. Do you happen to have a link where I can read the full text. I've found review articles about it but not the real thing. Thanks.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Piscator, am I reading correctly that you went down to 135 during your 21 day fast, but by the end of August it was back up to 151? OH, I just read the rest of the post. But I am still wondering
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Thanks!!

Paleobird Guest
    Thanks, Dimples.

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Piscator, am I reading correctly that you went down to 135 during your 21 day fast, but by the end of August it was back up to 151? OH, I just read the rest of the post. But I am still wondering
    Gopintos - this is true. From what I've read, most extended fasts include significant weight loss, with a re-gain upon breaking the fast of 5-10 pounds. I've also been working out regularly and seeing muscle growth. I'm hanging right around 150 now, so that only nets about a 10 pound loss from where I started. There is a definite difference in how I look now though, so I'm not at all regretting the fast.

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    That Harper's article was hard to find online even a month ago. I bought the magazine at an airport - intrigued by the article.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    I'm hanging right around 150 now, so that only nets about a 10 pound loss from where I started. There is a definite difference in how I look now though, so I'm not at all regretting the fast.
    Ah okay, I missed the 160lb entry. That is still pretty good for what, a month? That is more than I have lost in a month on Primal. I only lost 3lbs last month, and only average about 4 or 5lbs per month since primal. I am anxious for this fast though because this is the first one that I have started w/o having to make up for lost ground or correct something, like pancakes or Chinese.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Gopintos- there's still time!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by anova01 View Post
    I feel like most of us who are doing a fast this week have different rules, goals, and fast lengths. It may be helpful if we posted some specific plans before tomorrow night so that it would be easier for accountability purposes. I've also decided to up my original time because I did a 24hour unintentional fast this week (I just wasn't hungry so I didn't eat) with ease and I am interested in pushing that further. So I will say that I will have dinner on Monday, fast all day Tuesday until I first feel hungry on Wednesday (if I don't feel hungry, I will still do no more than a 48). I'll allow myself water, tea, and only if necessary coffee - either black or the new-to-me BP coffee.
    OK, I'm going to give this a whirl just because I am intrigued to see if fasting feels different when going into it already in ketosis. I'm not sure about duration. The last time I did this I felt HUNGRY the first day, on top of the world awesome the second and by the third started slowing down and getting cold hands and feet. I made it to 72 hours but I took the cold extremities as a signal from my body to stop at that point. I'll try for the full 96 this time and see how it goes.

I am allowing myself a max of five bulletproof drinks a day for a max total of 500 calories (zero carbs and protein, just c-oil or butter). I have never done this before, always being a bit of fasting purist, but there does seem to be some merit in the increased ketone production argument. We'll see.

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast