Thread: Attack of the Allergies - any tips? page

spicegirl is offline Senior Member

Attack of the Allergies - any tips?

Shop Now
    I don't know what triggered my allergies, but this week they are terrible. I was near a kitten for about an hour and everyone seems to be affected by something in the air here. I have reduced my allergies to almost non-existent through cleansing and diet over the past 10 years. If I am going to have an allergy attack, it seems to hit me just before my period hits (immune system whacked b/c of hormones plus Hashimoto's???).

Anyway, if anyone has any tips, I'm open. I'm using Allergy ReLeaf and it works wonders. I'm also taking tons of vitamin C, some D and fish oil.

I'm still kind of miserable. I have been resting as much as possible.

Maybe I should IF for a day? Any other tips?

Thanks!
    spicegirl
    Last edited by spicegirl; 08-31-2012 at 12:11 PM.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Seasonal? My allergies started up again big time last week because it's ragweed season. Maybe something new is blossoming. Zyrtec is the only thing that works for me. Quercetin is supposed to be good.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried having some local raw honey each day?
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Allergies stem from adrenal dysfunction, which leads to a decline in antihistamine and antileukotriene antihistamine and anti-inflammatory and immune modulating corticosteroids. When you go to the doctor allergic type reactions they generally give epinephrine, drugs that raise epinephrine, steroids or drugs to block inhibit cyclic adenosine monophosphate phosphodiesterase (cAMPPDE) that prevents the breakdown of cAMP increased by epinephrine.

Building up the adrenals will get rid of allergies rather than simply masking the symptoms. Vitamin c is the most important nutrient required by the adrenals followed by the B vitamin pantothenic acid.

For vitamin C natural sources tend to be stronger and more stable than synthetic forms. This is because many natural sources of vitamin C contain other antioxidants that protect the vitamin C from oxidation.

Pollen and raw honey are excellent sources of pantothenic acid, which is why some people use pollen or honey to treat their allergies. It is a myth that the pollen or honey has to be local since all pollens and raw honey is rich in pantothenic acid.

For an antihistamine, quercetin is great. Commercial quercetin is derived from yellow onion skins. Quercetin works by acting as a cAMPPDE inhibitor helping to block the actions of histamine and leukotrienes. It is quick, effective and does not cause drowsiness like diphenhydramine (Benadryl). Look for 400-500mg of pure quercetin, not the quercetin, bromelain and vitamin C that in my opinion are mainly there are cheap fillers. One capsule will do the trick and can b taken as needed. A breakdown product of quercetin is another bioflavonoid rutin that helps to stabilize blood vessels.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tradawg View Post
    what he said. I try to stay away from pharmaceutical drugs

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tradawg View Post
    this is dependent on the allergy, so doesn't always work. it can also take months to build up the immunity.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    this is dependent on the allergy, so doesn't always work. it can also take months to build up the immunity.
    drugs are only temporary relief though. they dont actually fix the problem, just treat it

Would grok take it?

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    Of course. Does that mean it isn't worth a try?
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

patski is offline Senior Member
    This stuff is amazing, and has no side effects. Dissolve one in your mouth. If after 15 minutes you're not feeling better, take another. They taste sweet. Hopefully you can find it!

Sabalia relieves allergy symptoms | Boiron Canada
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.