Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Men should grow facial hair page 4

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Fuel
    I think I'm going to grow mine out.I never had the patience to grow it past 3 weeks, but I feel a surge of fortitude coming on....
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 09-01-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Rueben is offline Senior Member
    I won't kiss my other half when he has a beard. I don't mind a bit of stubble, but when he has a full beard his moustache hair goes up my nose when I'm kissing him. I hate it! LOL

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Even at 28 I still can't grow a proper full beard (mustache isn't connected to the rest), so even when I decide to try to grow one, I always end up shaving. More often than not, though, I'll keep some sort of beard. It just feels right.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Ehh I prefer clean shaven men. More comfortable to kiss for starters! While the 5 o'clock shadow can look hot in a guy, kissing someone with one just gave me major chin irritation and acne .

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    Use a quality, sharp razor and good oil/soap, NOT a rusty machette you overly macho numpty
    +1

Switching to shaving oil rather than the usual foamy stuff made a huge difference for my partner's highly sensitive skin. He used to get bumps and rashes and end up bleeding, even with a good razor. Taking a long shower to soften the hair first followed by shaving with a sharp blade and shaving oil has made all the difference.

Shaving oil can be hard to find, but for Canadians, you can buy a good one at MEC--they sell it for hikers/travellers because it's so much more space efficient.

I'm sort of curious, though, for the men who think it's manly and natural to grow a beard and that all men should do it, what's your opinion on women who decide to let their body hair grow naturally too?
    If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive. --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

golangrok is offline Senior Member
    Beards are ridiculously sexy. Scruffy or stubbly or long(ish). Dumbledore long is slightly excessive, though.
    Last edited by golangrok; 09-01-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    Use a quality, sharp razor and good oil/soap, NOT a rusty machette you overly macho numpty
    Oil or soap? I'll look into the sharp razor thing but the oil seems like a bit of a hastle just to avoid some blood.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Nothing quite like shaving with a quality shaving brush, soap and hot water. A very pleasant experience.

I've got a dirty blonde shadow, but I have to shave for work every two weeks or so, so I just keep it short.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I'm sort of curious, though, for the men who think it's manly and natural to grow a beard and that all men should do it, what's your opinion on women who decide to let their body hair grow naturally too?
    Disgusting.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    Disgusting.
    It doesn't bug me unless it's thick like my chest hair. But if it's that bad then you've got an entirely different problem.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast