Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Men should grow facial hair page 12

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Maybe your angry bravado shelters a secret fear of male power, which itself is a wall built to stay invaders from your secret garden of femininity, Saoirse. Did you ever think of THAT?!
    oh.my.gawd. you have hit the nail on the head.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I'm making a theory, a prediction, a speculation. I can't prove I am right, but you can't prove I am wrong either. I was just hoping to have an intuitive conversation without someone busting in and demanding facts.
    Well fair enough . I guess I'm just arguing because I'm on the other side . I generally prefer clean shaven men, and I am inclined to think it's fashion - or more, what we're exposed to seeing mostly - which has an impact on the way we perceive attractiveness to a certain extent (not sure that I can explain it better).

I have seen men who look better with beards, but as someone else said, it's often because they've got a weak chin and the beard hides it . Some men will look good no matter what... BUT I also think a beard can obscure a good looking face, and I like to appreciate the whole face.

I just don't think this says a lot about me as a person, or as a woman! Although that being said, I don't think I'm all that submissive and meek either . I can appear to be on the surface, because I'm very quiet and shy etc. but In a relationship I'm all for equality and am not a bit submissive!

On the other hand, I prefer masculine looking men (just non-bearded ones generally ). So I'm not attracted to weaker males either. (Or I should say... I guess I prefer men who are in between... I'm not into really big, burly guys... just a reasonable muscular build... although again, this won't necessarily impact on who I find attractive at any particular time... I was quite attracted to a really skinny guy last year! He had reasonable muscle, but was just one of those guys who can't seem to put on weight no matter how hard he tries).

I guess part of the issue is that when someone says something that implies "women who like beards are X and women who don't are Y" people will get their backs up a bit, as you're implying something about them that they may not like or agree with. You could offend a strong, confident woman by saying "women who like beards tend to be more submissive" if she's a beard liker, for example. (Okay, maybe some of us are just a bit too sensitive lol).

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    You could offend a strong, confident woman by saying "women who like beards tend to be more submissive" if she's a beard liker, for example. (Okay, maybe some of us are just a bit too sensitive lol).
    and some of us enjoy giving people shit for their simplistic thinking.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    nah, you can't prove causation unless you have a double blind study, which would be impossible in this case. so nyah!
    Not at all. All we need to do is capture dominant women who hate beards, degrade them for a few years and then ask them if they find beards more attractive now. And of course we'll need to build up submissive women just to be thorough.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

SentWest is offline Member
    My poor fiance SO wants a big mountain man beard, but is an Irish/Native American combo that just doesn't have the genes for it.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SentWest View Post
    My poor fiance SO wants a big mountain man beard, but is an Irish/Native American combo that just doesn't have the genes for it.
    Don't know what you're talking about. The Irish grow great facial hair.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

wiltondeportes Guest
    This is similar to a debate of races. One can look at statistics and see that maybe one ethnicity has a higher income, one has a higher birth rate, etc. You can look at specific activities like the 100m dash in the Olympics and see that African gene-dominant people, well, dominate.

You can look at the makeup of hundreds of women who prefer beards more than hundreds of others. Maybe that first group is as I first described on average. I am not declaring causation. There's a difference between saying all beard-likers are submissive and beard-likers tend to be more submissive than non-beard-likers on average.

Philosophy aims to be simplistic...

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i'm still trying to figure out how you came to the idea of submissive women liking beards and dominant women liking clean shaven
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i'm still trying to figure out how you came to the idea of submissive women liking beards and dominant women liking clean shaven
    Duh, it's because all the dom dudes at the fetish clubs have beards, doncha know?
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i thought that was just the burly bear gay men
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast