Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Men should grow facial hair page 11

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    I'm much more inclined to think that it's simply a fashion thing, with beards or clean-shavenness coming in and out of fashion. Late 1800s--beards are totally in. Early 1900s--beards are out, until about the 60s, when hippies started wearing them, then later in the 70s they got a little more mainstream and were adopted by some of the musical set, then I think the 80s and 90s were a pretty clean-shaven couple of decades, and now in the 2000s beards are getting very mainstream and lots of young guys are sporting facial hair (which benefits me personally since I have a bit of a baby face and my beard makes me look older/manlier). Obviously some individuals will buck whatever the trend is, and some women will love them for it, in any time period, but you see a lot more beards on young professionals today than you would have in the 50s, that's for sure, and it's not because beards evolved to be sexier since 60 years ago...
    I don't think it would just be a fashion thing if men have been selectively chosen for beard hair for generations and generations (Asians and Native Americans aside). I think there's a biological reason that women like beards. If anything, fashion is just occasionally blocking and occasionally allowing the natural desires of females (for beards).

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    nah, you can't prove causation unless you have a double blind study, which would be impossible in this case. so nyah!
    Why would it be impossible?

kenn is offline Senior Member
    I grew my beard months into dating my gf and she hated it in the beginning, however, she knows I'm bullheaded and didn't try to stop me. Now, she really likes it.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

wiltondeportes Guest
    My beard is going to be like this when I'm done

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    I think it also depends on how good looking a man is to begin with. Some might need a beard to hide a "weak" chin and it makes them look better than without.

There are some men who are so good looking that no matter what they do, they are still good looking. But I think they still look better with a short beard. Of course, who I think is good looking might be different than what others think.

When I see a really good looking guy, especially one that is bigger than me, with a short beard I get all weak in the knees.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    My beard is going to be like this when I'm done
    not my thing, he reminds me of a well-trimmed goat. so i guess that makes me a
    woman who is angry/afraid of [power and authority]
    hmmm...

oh wait. i think my husband looks good with a beard. soo that means i'm
    the more submissive, feminine type.
    i think i'm going to have an identity crisis!

husband, for reference.

ben2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

wiltondeportes Guest
    not my thing, he reminds me of a well-trimmed goat. so i guess that makes me a
    hmmm...

oh wait. i think my husband looks good with a beard. soo that means i'm i think i'm going to have an identity crisis!

husband, for reference.

ben2.jpg
    Maybe you just don't like goats?

Baaaaaaaaaaa

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    maybe. but the question remains: am i a woman who is angry/afraid of power, or a soft, feminine type?

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Maybe your angry bravado shelters a secret fear of male power, which itself is a wall built to stay invaders from your secret garden of femininity, Saoirse. Did you ever think of THAT?!
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

wiltondeportes Guest
    maybe. but the question remains: am i a woman who is angry/afraid of power, or a soft, feminine type?
    I don't know; you tell me.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast