Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Men should grow facial hair page 10

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Obviously, it's a stupid question to ask if girls like beards or not. Some do and some don't. The question to me is: What kind of girl do you think is attracted to beards? It seems the more submissive, feminine types are the ones who like them most. Beards denote power and authority. If you're a woman who is angry/afraid of this, you probably won't like it. If you're a woman that wants a masculine man (in the pre-18th century sense), you will probably go for it.

This is just my intial thought. I was wondering how my growing beard might "sort out" the pool of women that are attracted to me.
    You make a good point and a not so good point . Some girls like it, some don't = good point. But assuming what sort of girl likes it and what doesn't, is a not so good point! To me it's an aesthetic thing... also a feely thing (even when I like the look, my chin doesn't like the feel).

Some guys also look better with beards, or some facial hair, and some don't. To each their own!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Yup. It's a little know fact that beards act as a testicle enhancement device. In fact, a full beard is capable of raising serum testosterone more than a steroid cycling program.
    I call BS on this... unless you can prove it.

How in the heck does your body know whether you've shaved off your facial hair or not????

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    It was a joke, no truth to it all. But funny though.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    You make a good point and a not so good point . Some girls like it, some don't = good point. But assuming what sort of girl likes it and what doesn't, is a not so good point! To me it's an aesthetic thing... also a feely thing (even when I like the look, my chin doesn't like the feel).

Some guys also look better with beards, or some facial hair, and some don't. To each their own!
    Correllations can be drawn in tons of statistics. What if 40% of the more dominant type of woman likes beards, and 55% of the more submissive type like beards? These are mythical stats of course, but there could be a study done to determine possible correllation and causation.

To give you another example, I think more masculine men (more testosterone, more muscle, more dominance) will have a higher preference for bigger, curvier women than men who are less masculine.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    nah, you can't prove causation unless you have a double blind study, which would be impossible in this case. so nyah!

TrPAssasin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    how about eye brows?
    Nah, they should go too

Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Correllations can be drawn in tons of statistics. What if 40% of the more dominant type of woman likes beards, and 55% of the more submissive type like beards? These are mythical stats of course, but there could be a study done to determine possible correllation and causation.

To give you another example, I think more masculine men (more testosterone, more muscle, more dominance) will have a higher preference for bigger, curvier women than men who are less masculine.
    Well yeah... what if? That's the point. Unless you've seen some study somewhere you can't make any such case. Maybe it's true... maybe it's not... You could do a survey of men and find out their preferences for women and vice versa... but unless you get a big enough sample size it's not going to prove much. Taste is VERY individual.

As for your example about more masculine men preferring bigger, curvier women, I've certainly seen many examples of couples that would contradict that (smaller guys with bigger women, big guys with smaller women). Sure there are probably many examples that DO illustrate it, but I can bet if you look around you'll see a lot that don't.

There are also many, MANY other characteristics that people look for in a partner.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    I call BS on this... unless you can prove it.

How in the heck does your body know whether you've shaved off your facial hair or not????
    sorry but that is really funny

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I'm much more inclined to think that it's simply a fashion thing, with beards or clean-shavenness coming in and out of fashion. Late 1800s--beards are totally in. Early 1900s--beards are out, until about the 60s, when hippies started wearing them, then later in the 70s they got a little more mainstream and were adopted by some of the musical set, then I think the 80s and 90s were a pretty clean-shaven couple of decades, and now in the 2000s beards are getting very mainstream and lots of young guys are sporting facial hair (which benefits me personally since I have a bit of a baby face and my beard makes me look older/manlier). Obviously some individuals will buck whatever the trend is, and some women will love them for it, in any time period, but you see a lot more beards on young professionals today than you would have in the 50s, that's for sure, and it's not because beards evolved to be sexier since 60 years ago...
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well yeah... what if? That's the point. Unless you've seen some study somewhere you can't make any such case. Maybe it's true... maybe it's not... You could do a survey of men and find out their preferences for women and vice versa... but unless you get a big enough sample size it's not going to prove much. Taste is VERY individual.

As for your example about more masculine men preferring bigger, curvier women, I've certainly seen many examples of couples that would contradict that (smaller guys with bigger women, big guys with smaller women). Sure there are probably many examples that DO illustrate it, but I can bet if you look around you'll see a lot that don't.

There are also many, MANY other characteristics that people look for in a partner.
    I'm making a theory, a prediction, a speculation. I can't prove I am right, but you can't prove I am wrong either. I was just hoping to have an intuitive conversation without someone busting in and demanding facts.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast