Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol, What do you drink?

Hybrid View

Alcohol, What do you drink?

I'm just curious what you guys drink or if you do at all. Anyway, I had 3 drinks last night consisting of 2 glasses of white wine, gin and tonic. I got drunk from this. I really don't drink very much and I have freaking headache today. I had a horrible sleep too last night.

Anyway, I'm going out for my birthday next weekend and yes I plan on drinking. What are some paleo friendly mix drinks can I get?

When I drink (which has been too often just recently), I drink either red wine or single malt whisky with water.

Spirits. Cocktails. No mixes, fresh ingredients only.

I don't drink, never did. IIRC, the red wine is always the top choice.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

white wine, different kinds of whiskeys and rums...on the rocks

whatever i want. hard liquor like scotch, bourbon, etc. usually straight. or micro-brewed/craft beer (i'm a huge beer snob). i really don't drink that often (maybe 2-3 drinks per week) so it really doesn't matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    whatever i want. hard liquor like scotch, bourbon, etc. usually straight. or micro-brewed/craft beer (i'm a huge beer snob). i really don't drink that often (maybe 2-3 drinks per week) so it really doesn't matter to me.
    +1 you're describing me perfectly I don't really consider drinking "primal" at all but just consider it part of my 20%
    -Chuck

I don't drink often... maybe once or twice per month, a few drinks each time. I also don't like beer much (though I will say yes to cider if I want something fizzy) and I hate hate hate sweet liquor (rum, whiskey, bourbon, etc.) so those are things I rarely if ever have.

My usual go-to is wine - 90% of the time I choose red, but if it's crazy hot out or I'm feeling exhausted (or wearing light-colored clothes that I don't want to stain) I will have white wine or sangria. Yeah, I'm "that person" who will be the only weirdo to order wine at a dive bar or pub, haha.

If I'm out and about and debauchery is part of the plan, I will have vodka and seltzer or gin and tonic. If I feel like being fancy, I'll get an extra-dry vodka martini with a twist.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

a margarita on the rocks, a shot of orange liqueur poured on top, no salt.. has always been my go to drink of choice. i have no idea what the tequila is mixed with in bars tbh so i doubt i will be drinking it anymore going forward. =*(

maybe i will have to join the red wine bangwagon after my whole30 is done

For me it really depends on where I'm at when I drink. I do typically drink some beer here/there, but I also love some whiskey and bourbons. Good thing there are a couple of nicer upscale whiskey bars in the area, so I typically end up there.