Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alcohol, What do you drink? page 3

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm a light beer girl...usually only two every couple of weeks with maybe a shot of fireball whiskey thrown in....fireball is delish!

June68 is offline Senior Member
    White and Red wines from California
    Kentucky bourbon
    Vodka martinis

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    I'm having big glass of red wine now and it is nay 5:00, at least I made it . I love red wine and drink a lot of it, but l have just started enjoying the hard ciders on draft.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    I very rarely drink but last weekend we made NorCal margaritas for the first time. I was impressed. I was generous with the tequila but I couldn't taste it at all. Got a good buzz, not drunk, and suffered no hangover the next day. I will definitely make them again.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

healthy11 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    I haven't been drinking much lately, because I've noticed that alcohol in the evening = very poor quality sleep.

I used to really like red wine, but even small amounts tend to give me headaches, so I tend to not drink it often. Plus, the cheaper wines tend to be part wine, part chemical cocktail.

Now, when I do drink, I have a really high quality absinthe. Aside from really liking the taste, it never gives me a headache or makes me feel like crap the next day, even if I have too much, likely because it's pure distilled alcohol that's flavored and colored with herbs, most of which are medicinal.
    You have me curious about absinthe... never had it before. I used to love red wine and still do, but can't drink it without getting a headache. How do you know if it's good quality? How pricey is it?

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    I enjoy a good single malt on the rocks when it is hot out. I like a good cognac when it is cold out.

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    I'm a red wine and/or scotch kinda guy, and I drink regularly

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I drink it all really. Although these days I drink pretty rarely, maybe once a month tops.

Top primal choice is red wine followed by unmixed spirits and hard liquor.

However, as several of our primal success stories have proved, you can be pretty dang healthy, even as a heavy beer consumer. It's all about moderation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123