Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crio Bru page 2

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It is expensive, however it is a very special treat. And you can use the grounds after, so that further stretches the price. Anyway, I am not the expert on it. So far I've had a grand total of two cups. I encourage people to look it up online. There are other brands. Choffy is one. Drink Choffy – Healthy and Delicious Brewed Chocolate Here's another: Chocolate Alchemy Brewing Cocoa So do your own research if you are interested in trying something like this.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I've been turned on to Crio Bru, also! I use a fine-mesh tea leaf infuser to make a cup at a time; I don't drink coffee, and the coffee pot I have is very cheap and doesn't do a good job with the Crio Bru. I let the grounds steep for at least 5 minutes, sometimes longer, and it's never bitter. It's just totally NOT sweet chocolate drink and it's wonderful!

I've put the (used) grounds in homemade coconut milk ice cream and it makes a bittersweet chocolate chip ice cream! Very yummy!

Paleobird Guest
    Hi SB,
    I'm glad you started this thread. This is a product that needs to be shared with the world. So much yumminess in one cup.

I contacted the Crio Bru company via email and told them about the buzz about their product here on MDA and suggested that they might want to contact Mark about becoming one of the sponsors/product presenters at PrimalCon next year. They wrote back thanked me for the idea and said that they have reached out to Mark and are waiting to hear back. I think if Mark just tasted some of this he would fall head over heals in love too.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Does anyone know how the beans are actually treated? Traditionally, cocoa beans are fermented, which changes the anti-nutritional profile. What about these?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Well, we MUST get Mark to try it. We must get Crio Bru to take over the universe.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I tried Goldie's infuser idea and it worked great.. I love this stuff.

Credodisi is offline Senior Member
    Has anyone had good experiences making it in an Aeropress? Bought some Crio Bru, and I've made it in my drip coffee maker, but I'd like to steep it more and get a richer body. Dr. Bork Bork mentions getting mixed results with the Aeropress....

I'm a big coffee lover and Crio Bru won't replace it.. but it is a great addition to my beverage world which is limited right now to San Pellegrino and coffee.

I ordered a regular old french press at the same time I ordered the Crio Bru. Worked fine. I guess an aeropress is similar to a regular french press.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Somewhere (it might have been at Chocolate Alchemy) I read that if you use a drip maker to use the 1-3 cup setting, even if you make more than that because it drips slower. Also regarding filters for the drip coffee maker, they recommended a gold filter, instead of paper filters, but I bought one of the regular reusable filters and it works fine. I also have a French press and that works,too.

My bird likes Crio Bru:

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast