Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Crio Bru page 10

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Okay. I bought some Cavalla a couple weeks ago and made it cowboy style since I don't own a press. I loved it! My mom, not so much. I added coconut milk and vanilla to mine, she had hers straight up (I can't seem to do that with anything ). I have a question for anyone. Do you think I could make it cowboy style but put the grounds in a disposable teabag so the grounds are contained? I'm asking because I don't have a fancy coffee maker and can't brew it according to the instructions on the Crio Bru bag. Do you think the teabag would work like a coffee filter?

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    I got the Cavalla (or maybe it's Cavallo)

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    I bought the Cavalla Dark Roast (because I prefer dark roast coffee) and the Coca River (because one of the reviews said it had a more chocolatey flavor). I made the Cavalla Dark in a french press today and it was very interesting. The chocolate flavor was very light. I added some milk and it actually tasted more chocolatey, like a watered down hot chocolate. I may try the cowboy brewing method, because I'd like it to to be a little more robust. I think if you're looking for a substitute for coffee or hot chocolate, Crio Bru will be a disappointment, but it's very enjoyable as a different drink in the repertoire.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

BratKat is offline Senior Member
    I finally got a bag of the Cavalla last week. Yum! Fortunately, my husband isn't that keen on it--more for me! I have had the best luck boiling the grounds in water for about 10 minutes, then putting it through the French press--it has a more robust flavor. I have reused the grounds, but it is a little thin that way. I am interested to try a couple of the other flavors.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BratKat View Post
    I have had the best luck boiling the grounds in water for about 10 minutes, then putting it through the French press--it has a more robust flavor.
    I think I'll try this! I could just use a pan and not buy a stovetop coffee pot.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    Okay. I bought some Cavalla a couple weeks ago and made it cowboy style since I don't own a press. I loved it! My mom, not so much. I added coconut milk and vanilla to mine, she had hers straight up (I can't seem to do that with anything ). I have a question for anyone. Do you think I could make it cowboy style but put the grounds in a disposable teabag so the grounds are contained? I'm asking because I don't have a fancy coffee maker and can't brew it according to the instructions on the Crio Bru bag. Do you think the teabag would work like a coffee filter?
    I don't have a fancy coffee maker either. I do have an auto drip pot that's about 15 years old. I use a reusable filter. When I make the chocolate (I buy mine from Chocolate Alchemy) my pot has a button for brewing 1-3 cups which must allow it to drip slower and even though I brew 4 cups at a time the chocolate comes out great. I sometimes use my coffee grinder to make the cacao finer. I also have a French press. That also works great, but the electric drip maker is faster.

I would say save up for a decent French press or check out a Homegoods or TJ Maxx to see if they carry them. Don't bother with the cheap ones.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    This does sound great Could be my solution for an evening drink. I can't drink coffee after around noon as it ruins my sleep. Cocoa could do the same, do you find it fairly neutral that way?

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    I'd know that I'd boil it. Boiling probably distoys the compound (can't remember the right now) that increases mitochondria efficiency to produce ATP
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Ordered some.... looking forward to trying it

Well, it arrived and hubby and I tried it this afternoon. We both enjoyed it, did the cowboy method, liked it strong. The only issue is that I got really really sleepy brain foggy afterwards, happen to anyone else? Could be unrelated, will see what happens next time.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast