Thread: So I had Deep Fried Butter and Mars bar Last Night.....HELP ME! page

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member

Red face So I had Deep Fried Butter and Mars bar Last Night.....HELP ME!

Ya that happened Canadian Exhibition Fair and I just had to say i tried both Once. I split both with my partner but anywho.....I have been so happy with my ketosis state, been doing really well and today I cried when i slipped into my size 6 pants! Something I have not been able to do close to a year.

I am not beating myself up too much about it, I enjoyed it and can now say i tried that monstronsity but now I need to know the fastest way to get back into ketosis and get my fat burning machine back in gear.

I am not having any cravings and its about 10am here and still not hungry. Should I just IF until WHEN and/or go on some "fat fast/bomb"

Please advice me kind primal Fam

P.s. I had FOUR shots of Jamieson Whiskey ....now I hate myself for that (should have had only two lol)

Leida is offline Senior Member
    You'll do fine. Eat when you feel like eating, in a normal way. Having an occasional (once every 2-4 weeks) food that is completely crazy out of order actually helps. It puzzles your body and breaks the routine, makes your brain believe that the times are good, so it doesn't feel the need to store fat quite so diligently. We have evolved with the extremes and are equipped to deal with them and actually thrive on an occasional feast and a challenge to the system. So, do not think about it as a failure or a negative experience. It is a 'maybe', and in all likelihood a net positive.

If you start having sweets cravings, using an authoritive NO & having pure fat something could help breaking it.

Good luck, and just really let it go. Every time you start thinking about it, watch the thought go and disappear like a cloud drifting by.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    The fastest way is to fast.

I just have to ask...Deep fried butter? Are you joking?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    You'll do fine. Eat when you feel like eating, in a normal way. Having an occasional (once every 2-4 weeks) food that is completely crazy out of order actually helps. It puzzles your body and breaks the routine, makes your brain believe that the times are good, so it doesn't feel the need to store fat quite so diligently. We have evolved with the extremes and are equipped to deal with them and actually thrive on an occasional feast and a challenge to the system. So, do not think about it as a failure or a negative experience. It is a 'maybe', and in all likelihood a net positive.

If you start having sweets cravings, using an authoritive NO & having pure fat something could help breaking it.

Good luck, and just really let it go. Every time you start thinking about it, watch the thought go and disappear like a cloud drifting by.
    Thanks for the encouraging words Leida. I am not having any sweet cravings yet, so i will consider that as a good thing at least
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    The fastest way is to fast.

I just have to ask...Deep fried butter? Are you joking?
    I wish I was sb! Ya at this point I think that is what I shall do lol It was good, it tastes like tons of hot butter on a sweet bun, but never again for at the gluten laden wheat dough. It sounds disgusting in theory but surprising yummy in bites.