Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Convict Conditioning + Al Kavadlo are changing my life page

Mjgarwood is offline Junior Member

Convict Conditioning + Al Kavadlo are changing my life

Primal Fuel
    Short story version: Been a home-workout guy for the last two years. P90X helped me change my entire lifestyle, and I've been addicted to working out HARD since then. I ended up injuring my ankle (being stupid) and as a result I have a sketchy achilles tendon and a serious bone spur on the back of my heel. I tried to modify my approach to working out but I failed without a systematized program (just pressing play every day on a dvd workout made life simple.)

Snagged convict conditioning after reading about it on this forum and after just 3 weeks I'm gaining strength like CRAZY in less time than I'm used to. it's a perfect fit for my goals - to get leaner and stronger (not BIGGER - I'm already 230, 6'2" tall) and to avoid stress on my ankle while I heal. Thank you thank you thank you to Coach Wade, Al Kavadlo and his amazing site + encouraging spirit, and the Primal community. You never know who's reading what you post - that's been me - a lurker for a while.

Happy to report huge strength gains and a healing ankle. This format is insanely challenging and effective. Looking forward to when I can run and jump again, but til then I'm happy as a clam

-Matt
    AnySizeFitness.com to check out my blog of my journey, if you're interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad Coach Wade and I have had such a positive influence on you, Matt! Thanks for the kind words!

But remember, YOU are the one changing your life - not me. Keep it up!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjgarwood View Post
    Short story version: Been a home-workout guy for the last two years. P90X helped me change my entire lifestyle, and I've been addicted to working out HARD since then.
    My 26-year old son works out from his apt (he's a student).....he emailed me Convict Conditioning and that's what I follow now. It's cheap and fast to download the .pdf file.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
    I'm glad Coach Wade and I have had such a positive influence on you, Matt! Thanks for the kind words!

But remember, YOU are the one changing your life - not me. Keep it up!
    FINE. Thanks to folks like Al and Coach Wade helping to carry the torch of an almost completely ignored form of ancient exercise, big dudes like me are transforming their bodies in more exciting ways than they thought possible.

Semantics - blech

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    My breaktime workouts never fail to intrigue my coworkers, who are mostly pretty fit. Pistol squats and 1-arm pushups are way beyond what any of them can do right now, but they don't really seem interested in getting there, either.

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    Cool, I've been doing YAYOG but have been following Al K's site, working on the pistol squats and one-armed push ups (humility!) and handstands. It's a great thing to get strong with your own body. I'll check out CC next, you've given yet another glowing endorsement.

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    In a world of stagnation, these men (and many others) are the catalysts bringing us a way to a new Physical Culture. They are among the ones who originally inspired me to walk the same path and someday I hope to inspire others to do the same!
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

mattrogers55 is offline Member
    I just bought Convict Conditioning today! I've been lifting heavy for a little less than a year and have made some great progress, but as I've been getting more into weighted chins/dips my goals have changed. I really want to master the movement of my own body before I turn back to the major lifts.
    "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace by those who have been trained by it."

HT: 6' 2"
    Peak Wt: 303lbs- Nov 1st 2011
    Current Wt: 240lbs- Sep 1st 2012

I've been doing CC for about 6 months. I love it - and aside from pullups, have been doing great.

Just make sure not to get ahead of yourself! It's really exciting to watch the progressions, but as others on these boards have noted, there is a method to that madness!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    New record tonight - 48 seconds in the crow stand (crane pose for any p90x'ers)

Woot!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast