Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I enjoy a good cigar once in a while... page

BestBetter is offline Senior Member

I enjoy a good cigar once in a while...

Primal Fuel
    My favorite at the moment is the Alec Bradley Prensado, but the Camacho is also pretty satisfying, and when in the mood for a lighter one, Romeo Y Juliet is consistently good.

I've never been a cigarette smoker, but somehow an occasional cigar seems okay to me, and I only smoke 1-4 per month.

Anybody else enjoy good cigars?

Yes I do, usually after Ive had a few whiskys!! I usually like to chill in my best mates conservatory with a nice fat cigar and a tote of single malt or 2!

Quote Originally Posted by urbancaveman View Post
    Yes I do, usually after Ive had a few whiskys!! I usually like to chill in my best mates conservatory with a nice fat cigar and a tote of single malt or 2!
    Which cigar is your fave?

I've found that cigars pair really well with a high quality absinthe.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    My father died of lung cancer.
    That is all.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    i enjoy a good cigar about 5-6 times per year. maybe even less.

Monte cristo's or nicaraguan but I don't do it frequently maybe once or twice a year!!

Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    That is all.
    I'm sorry to hear about your father.

From my research of cigars and cancer, it appears there is no correlation between smoking up to one cigar per day and cancer. There are correlatons with people who regularly smoke more than one per day.

I think the daily, unrelenting toxins we are breathing from vehicle and factory emissions and gases given off by pavement are largely responsible for many cancers, which would explain why people who have never smoked get lung cancer.

Plus, most cancer studies seem to focus mainly on cigarette smokers, not cigar smokers (or occasional ones, at that), and cigarettes contain some ridiculous amount, like 400, known carcinogenic chemicals.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    That is all.
    Well, a properly smoked cigar would give you mouth or throat cancer rather than lung, but yeah. Tobacco is not so awesome.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I had this idea in my silly little head, back in my late teens, that smoking cigars was "punk" and looked cool. I smoked one with a couple friends, enjoyed it, got a headache, and have not had another since. I don't enjoy smelling like smoke.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like a good one once in a while, but it is so infrequent I couldn't even tell you which ones.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast