Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I enjoy a good cigar once in a while... page 5

Bioletti is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    My favorite at the moment is the Alec Bradley Prensado, but the Camacho is also pretty satisfying, and when in the mood for a lighter one, Romeo Y Juliet is consistently good.

I've never been a cigarette smoker, but somehow an occasional cigar seems okay to me, and I only smoke 1-4 per month.

Anybody else enjoy good cigars?
    I have one once a week and a couple of Cubans when I can get 'em. Welcome to the Winston Churchill, Fidel Castro and George Burns club. Btw, Churchill reportedly smoked several per day since he was a young lad and lived to be almost 91. Cigarettes, however, just plain stink imo.
    "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Cigar smokers:

Do you prefer to smoke inside or outside?

Personally, I prefer the outdoors, but my husband always seems bothered by the wind and claims it affects how his cigar burns.

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    I prefer to smoke indoors, but that's not an option for me about 99% of the time, so I smoke outdoors, and yes, the wind does effect the burn.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    When I smoked cigars, I always smoked outside. When I'm done, I'm done, and I don't want the house to smell like it after the fact.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Another cigar smoker here!
    Casual cigar smoker for pleasure... from one a month to one/two a week... depending on moods.
    (Though I have not in a VERY long time due to illness...)
    A big maduro fan... Padron maduros are a standard, and I generally kept a box in the house (humidor)... along with various others I was fiddling with at the time.

I'm actually one of the few women I know who started smoking cigars pretty young... I actually got my husband started smoking cigars casually as well, and he never smoked cigarettes at all.
    I'm a former cigarette smoker who started as a kid, but quit by the time I was 25... who never got over my love of kreteks, or the smell of cigar and pipe tobacco.
    Though I do HATE the smell of cigarette smoke. It makes me feel choked if I get a breath of it on leaving a building because someone if smoking outside the doors... weird I know. *shrug*

I actually still HAVE some real Djarm Black (kretek) Cigarettes, because when they banned them I bought a couple of cases and stashed them in the freezer... I smoke one or two every once in a while. AND enjoy the crap out of it.

Always smoked outside... In the cooler moths here on the back poarch... and in the summer there is a wonderful little locally owned cigar bar, that also serves up a locally brewed micro-brew porter! Or you can be a member of the "club" and keep a bottle of spirits at the bar. The cigar bar has a nice walk in humidor selection of course.

I LOVE the smell of pipe tobacco... I had an uncle who smoked a pipe as a child. The cherry or cherry vanilla smell makes me swoon. It's so comforting to me even now.
    Every time I caught him smoking I was on him like white on rice... All up in his lap! I would be all sweet and kind of quiet begging, and take the pipe out of his mouth and puff it.
    I do contemplating getting a pipe on occasion... but I may just get a Vaping version instead to be cleaner.
    Yes, I VAPE.
    Feel free to hang me.

Yeah I know... people would think he's a monster for letting a kid do that now. It was the 70's, piss off.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I do contemplating getting a pipe on occasion...
    I tried it about 5 or 6 years ago, and it is really HARD keeping those things lit! I finally gave up after almost a dozen attempts.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

BestBetter is offline Senior Member

Always smoked outside... In the cooler moths here on the back poarch... and in the summer there is a wonderful little locally owned cigar bar, that also serves up a locally brewed micro-brew porter! Or you can be a member of the "club" and keep a bottle of spirits at the bar. The cigar bar has a nice walk in humidor selection of course.
    The place sounds awesome! There is a 'cigar bar' nearby, but it's terrible...I think they had like 2 cigars when I went there (not 2 brands, but 2 actual cigars!) Plus, I don't like HAVING to drink alcohol just because I want to smoke a cigar. Luckily I found an awesome cigar shop that has a pretty swanky lounge that's available for anyone to use. I just hate being surrounded by smoke and coming home, reeking like cigars.

Yes, I VAPE.
    What exactly is vaping? I came across that term somewhere, and for some reason I pictured chewing tobacco, but I don't think that's quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I tried it about 5 or 6 years ago, and it is really HARD keeping those things lit! I finally gave up after almost a dozen attempts.
    Pipes seem kinda cool, in a Sherlock Holmes kinda way, but they seem more trouble than they're worth! (I've never tried one myself, though)

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    count me in the "occasional cigar" club... I have a friend who's a master tobacconist and works for Nat Sherman (used to work for Davidoff), so I've been smoking mostly zinos, davidoffs, griffins, and nat shermans cigars lately. (and I know pretty much every spot you're allowed to smoke inside in NYC)
    I keep 2 small homemade "humidors" (cigar boxes with a cigar shaped/sized humidifier) in my closet along with a bottle of my favorite whiskey (currently looking for a nice decanter) I currently have a mix the brands mentioned above, plus some cigars from the aforementioned friends' birthday party.

My personal thinking is that the QUALITY of not only the tobacco, but the other materials (including the wrapper, in the case of cigarettes) makes a HUGE difference in the health effects of tobacco... (kind of like the nutrition of a grass fed animal vs. a grain fed animal. just sayin') and it definitely makes a difference in how bad the smoke smells and how irritating it is to the lungs of those not smoking. Also, if smoking inside, a quality air filter/purifier is KEY.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    This thread motivated me to try another cigar last night and it was awesome.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Smoked an awesome A.J. Fernandez Diesel Unlimited this morning. Fantastic smoke after about six months aging. Not for the inexperienced.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast