Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I enjoy a good cigar once in a while... page 4

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    My 11-year old daughter died of cancer. Want to know what I think of statistics?
    That's a total non-sequitur, but sure, I'd love to hear your opinion of statistics. And I'm sorry for your loss, especially of a young child. The universe is indifferent and therefore often cruel.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    I do like my cigars. My favorite are the Macanudo Robusto Prince Phillips. I have had Cubans and IMHO, they are over rated and over priced. Here in Egypt I also enjoy a relaxing evening of smoking Shesha (water pipe) and visiting with friends.

To those that find tobacco in any form disgusting, my advice is to not ingest in it and leave the rest of us the hell alone!
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    OP, love me a Romeo Y Julieta. So tasty, especially with a drink at night after the sun goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Why was your 11 yr old smoking cigars?
    Indeed, seems to be a lack of decent parenting.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Gimp56 is offline Junior Member
    I love cigars (current favorites:COA- MX2 & LX2), Beer, Scotch, & killing my own food. If that offends you; kiss my ass! by the way... cancer is part of life, & life isn't fair.

Death is certain
    Life is not

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    I do like my cigars. My favorite are the Macanudo Robusto Prince Phillips. I have had Cubans and IMHO, they are over rated and over priced.
    I had a Macanudo, and I thought it was pretty good. I agree about the Cubans. It seems like they are really inconsistent, and they've stopped trying to improve - they've got a reputation and they seem to sell more because of that than because of their quality nowadays.

In Europe, it's not very common to find non-Cubans. (I'm in Italy for 2 months right now). Here, serious cigar smokers are all about Cubans or else they smoke Toscanos, which are machine-made, lower quality cigars - they don't remove any of the veins, so they look really weird and lumpy. It's common practice to cut the Toscanos in half and smoke one half at a time. I tried on the other day; the smoke was thick, it had an interesting smell (nothing like the non-cubans I'm used to), but you can tell the construction wasn't very good - it burned unevenly and the draw was really tight.

I can't figure out why people here seem to be anti-non-Cubans, when in my opinion they really are superior.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebike View Post
    I find no greater relaxation then sitting on my deck with a stogie and a cup of coffee at sun rise.
    Wow! I need to make sure when I smoke, I'm not on an empty stomache, or it will kick my a$$! What are you smoking first thing in the morning on an empty stomach???

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebike View Post
    I find no greater relaxation then sitting on my deck with a stogie and a cup of coffee at sun rise.
    My whole family was killed by a sunrise.

I'm just saying.

rspacher is offline Member
    Gotta love the Cigar and single malt combination...
    Current fave is from Drew Estates...KUBA KUBA....under the label ACID...
    Very flavorful...combined some Macallan 12 yr...life is good...

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Yes I smoke an occasional cigar, 3 -4 a month. Love em with a vodka something in the other hand. Macanudo's, Uptons, Romeo and Juliets to name a few. Most non Cuban cigars are manufactured by the same Cuban families with the same tobacco strains, just moved off of Cuba so they could export to the US.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    My whole family was killed by a sunrise.

I'm just saying.
    ::snort::
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast