Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I enjoy a good cigar once in a while... page 3

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I use to smoke more but now only every 2 weeks or so. Also a fan of Don Pepin (the blacks), Padron Maduros, and Camacho Corojos. Remember, when you buy high quality cigars in the US you are providing jobs in some otherwise very poor Central American countries.

Guys without adding to the asshole/arsehole count I would just like to add that the OP doesnt want to know what your family member died of, they were asking if anyone enjoyed a cigar now and again so with the deepest sympathy and respect it doesn't add any value to the thread to mention about a death! Just a major buzz kill just don't post anything at all! Sorry to sound like a dick but I'm not usually like this it is just something that really grinds my gears!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by urbancaveman View Post
    Guys without adding to the asshole/arsehole count I would just like to add that the OP doesnt want to know what your family member died of, they were asking if anyone enjoyed a cigar now and again so with the deepest sympathy and respect it doesn't add any value to the thread to mention about a death! Just a major buzz kill just don't post anything at all! Sorry to sound like a dick but I'm not usually like this it is just something that really grinds my gears!
    Um, no. I think if someone is going to talk about deliberately ingesting a carcinogenic substance, someone else pointing out the fact that it is carcinogenic (on a health and fitness forum) is not out of line at all. Lots of things are enjoyable that are not good for your health (e.g. drugs, booze, smoking). If someone is doing a "buzz kill" by pointing this out, too bad.

IMO cigars taste and smell nasty. That's good enough reason to never smoke one again. (yes I tried it)

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Um, no. I think if someone is going to talk about deliberately ingesting a carcinogenic substance, someone else pointing out the fact that it is carcinogenic (on a health and fitness forum) is not out of line at all. Lots of things are enjoyable that are not good for your health (e.g. drugs, booze, smoking). If someone is doing a "buzz kill" by pointing this out, too bad.

IMO cigars taste and smell nasty. That's good enough reason to never smoke one again. (yes I tried it)
    Well put. Thanks!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Then you'd also have to include driving, shaking strangers hands, eating food unless you know the complete ingredient list and health status of everyone that touched it including the guys that picked the veggies in the field... but it's life.

There are some things you do because they have a definite positive impact on your mental health and, when done occasionally, have a minimal negative impact on your physical health.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by urbancaveman View Post
    Thanks.

Also, if you don't like cigars, I really don't care what your opinion is of them.

Telling everyone how much you hate the smell of cigars or smoke or whatever is not really interesting and a waste of time.

No offense to anyone in particular.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    My very wonderful dad smoked cigars and a pipe. I didn't mind the cigars, he bought very good ones, but his pipe smoke I loveddd with that wild cherry aroma. He always smoked outside but I would follow him out just to have some time to convince him of why I needed to go somewhere or something I 'really needed' :-)

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    Interestingly enough, I've never tried to force anyone else to smoke a cigar so I don't really give a shit if someone else finds them disgusting. That's the beauty of individual choice.

I find no greater relaxation then sitting on my deck with a stogie and a cup of coffee at sun rise.

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebike View Post
    Interestingly enough, I've never tried to force anyone else to smoke a cigar so I don't really give a shit if someone else finds them disgusting. That's the beauty of individual choice.

I find no greater relaxation then sitting on my deck with a stogie and a cup of coffee at sun rise.

While I agree that starting the day with a cup of coffee and a stogie is a phenomenal way to relax and enjoy the morning, I'm also a huge fan of a stogie and glass of wine in the evening, out on the deck with a fire going, in a big, cushy lounge chair.

I indulge a few times a year. I have a Cuban friend who brings some back with him whenever he goes down for a visit. Last time also brought back some 23-year-old rum. Sublime.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast