Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paleobird Liver Pate page 3

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just made a batch with beef liver. Tastes very good out of the blender.

How long do you think this will keep in the fridge?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    Just made a batch with beef liver. Tastes very good out of the blender.

How long do you think this will keep in the fridge?
    If it's going to be more than a week or two, you should seal the tops of the containers with fat (I use coconut oil) and toss in the freezer.

kitana is offline Senior Member
    I make roasted veggie chips by cooking slices of veggies at 400 for 1/2 hour, then put on racks and dehydrate for a couple hours at low heat. They turn out crisp and substantial and ROCK with pate on them. I love this for dinner with some spicy radishes!

Looking forward to making this recipe! I tend to like mine with mushrooms and a little drizzle of truffle oil, but have been looking for a recipe to make at home as I've become a control freak since going Primal.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    If it's going to be more than a week or two, you should seal the tops of the containers with fat (I use coconut oil) and toss in the freezer.
    Thanks, PB.

Paleobird Guest
    I just invented a version of the classic pate' but one that would be suitable for people with dairy intolerances (or doing super strict whole 30s).

It is the same basic idea except cook the liver in coconut oil (or any other non-butter fat). Then sub coconut cream (not coconut milk, it has to be the thick stuff) for the whipping cream.

I just tried this and it came out delicious. Very smooth.

Slinkykitty is offline Member
    Thankyou Paleobird for the pate recipes, going to give those a try this weekend.

Katsuhiko the Rolfer is offline Senior Member
    love pate, will check your recipes! yummy

secret agent girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kitana View Post
    I make roasted veggie chips by cooking slices of veggies at 400 for 1/2 hour, then put on racks and dehydrate for a couple hours at low heat. They turn out crisp and substantial and ROCK with pate on them. I love this for dinner with some spicy radishes!
    This sounds really neat! What veg. do you use and how do you slice them? Do you oil or season them?

kitana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by secret agent girl View Post
    This sounds really neat! What veg. do you use and how do you slice them? Do you oil or season them?
    I used turnips, beets and squash (something like butternut), but you could do others. The beets are always the crowd fave. I slice them with a mandolin, but a sharp knife and an eye for thickness would work too. That would be a lot of slicing though - they're going to reduce in size quite a bit. You want the slices fairly substantial (1/4" or so) so that they can roast first (on cookie sheets), and you want to roast them till they're well done. It's only after they're done roasting that you dehydrate them. If you just dehydrate them, then they turn out leathery and floppy. After they roast, I put them on baking racks and let them cool a bit, then I put them back in and dehydrate. They'll keep a week or so in an airtight container.

I spray with a light spritz of avocado oil (which is just my person go-to oil. Olive or coconut would work fine), and sprinkle with some sea salt. They would also be excellent with some garlic and/or basil.

It took me a couple tries to get the consistency I wanted, and I still have to change things every time I move and have to adjust to a different oven, so definitely start with a small batch and experiment a bit. Enjoy!

diene is offline Senior Member
    Just made chicken liver pate yesterday. Wish I had seen this thread before making it, heh! I just winged it. I didn't have any onions at home so I used olive paste and garlic. It was too dry so I added some curry sauce from the beef curry I made in the crockpot. So random. It's still good though. Looking forward to eating a lot of it tomorrow.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast