Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Paleobird Liver Pate page 2

  1. #11
    tarek's Avatar
    tarek is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    675
    Primal Fuel
    Man, I might just have to make this. I've been wanting to incorporate more offal in my diet for a long time. Thanks for posting!

  2. #12
    healthy11's Avatar
    healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,161
    I made this tonight and dipped zucchini slices in it. It was so good... I loved it! Thank you, Paleobird!

  3. #13
    Candy in Wonderland's Avatar
    Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,011
    Thanks for this recipe, I'm going to try it soon (after I finish my Whole30).
    How much is a stick of butter in weight please?
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

  4. #14
    Picaro's Avatar
    Picaro is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S.E Queensland
    Posts
    64
    When cooking for pate, do you do it well done. Or just under medium like you do for eating straight up ?

  5. #15
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    Thanks for this recipe, I'm going to try it soon (after I finish my Whole30).
    How much is a stick of butter in weight please?
    I was using Kerrygold garlic herb butter which is 100grams/stick since it comes from the UK, but it doesn't have to be a precise measurement. When in doubt, add more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Picaro View Post
    When cooking for pate, do you do it well done. Or just under medium like you do for eating straight up ?
    I like mine so it is no longer bleeding if you stick a knife in it. I don't think it would hurt to have it a little more rare. I don't like eating just a slab of liver rare either so this is just a personal preference thing.

  6. #16
    AuroraB's Avatar
    AuroraB is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SD, USA
    Posts
    660
    Thank you so much! I've been so reluctant to do anything with the beef and venison livers in our freezer. I've never liked liver and onions and couldn't really think of any other way I might like it. Frankly, I told my husband he should use it for hunting bait. Now, he may not want to after I make a little of this...

  7. #17
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    Thank you so much! I've been so reluctant to do anything with the beef and venison livers in our freezer. I've never liked liver and onions and couldn't really think of any other way I might like it. Frankly, I told my husband he should use it for hunting bait. Now, he may not want to after I make a little of this...
    Oooh. I've never had venison liver. That sounds lovely.

  8. #18
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,731
    Made some, but used sour cream since I was out of heavy cream. Turned out really good!

  9. #19
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Made some, but used sour cream since I was out of heavy cream. Turned out really good!
    Good idea. Have you ever tried labne kefir cheese? It's a middle eastern food that I have been loving on this keto plan. It tastes like kefir but is, consistency wise, about half way between cream cheese and sour cream. I bet that would be good in the pate' too.

  10. #20
    Candy in Wonderland's Avatar
    Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    When in doubt, add more.
    ^^Love this . Thank you!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •