Thread: Does anyone know of online resources for the unfit and inflexible? page

AussieNana is offline Member

Does anyone know of online resources for the unfit and inflexible?

Shop Now
    I'm looking for online resources similar to Mobility WOD but which uses language that I'm familiar with - ie not superfit body building jargon - and which targets those who have lost mobility due to previous lack of fitness and injuries. I like Mobility WOD but I find I am just not flexible enough to even begin doing those exercises and I often have difficulty understanding them.

I'm already doing Mark's suggested core exercises but need more to mobilise my hips, shoulders and back.

So if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    alkavadlo.com good luck:-)
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    lunges, downward dog, and cat/cow stretch should get you started. first one is easy, do a google search for the other two (or yoga journal.com).

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    If you download Mark's "PB Fitness" e-book, there is a series of "Four Essential Primal Movements" and a schedule of sorts that shows how to progress from the easy all the way to crazy hard ones. It's in plain english, too! I'm following it and already notice my arms are more toned and I can do more reps or hold planks longer than day one.

Just sign up to be on Mark's mailing list and you will get access to this and other e-books.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

ms sage is offline Member
    As a personal trainer, I find youtube to be an invaluable, free resource. Just type flexibility or mobility into the search box and you will find unlimited stretching routines to increase your range of motion. I also second trying yoga. I also teach yoga (a recent addition to my toolbox) and an amazed at the flexible strength it provides. I highly recommend trying a beginner level class. Hope this helps!

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Mobility:

MobilityWOD
    ad astra per aspera

a-ray is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    alkavadlo.com good luck:-)
    I will second this nomination. Al is the man.

AussieNana is offline Member
    thanks all. I'll follow up on those in more detail.

I'm already doing Mark's "PB fitness". What I really need is to be able to self-trouble shoot a hip abduction problem I developed after an injury to my hip. I've had 20 professionals attempt to help over 15 years without success. They all recommend the same stuff and many make out that I'm not really doing the exercises at home rather than admit that what they recommend doesn't work.

MobilityWOD would be great if only he spoke in ordinary english rather than muscle man speak and if I could find what I needed by searching for it. Alkavadlo seems similar but I haven't spent enough time on the site to really judge. I'll keep at it and go to you tube next.

Lars86 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    Mobility:

MobilityWOD

+100

Quote Originally Posted by AussieNana View Post
    MobilityWOD would be great if only he spoke in ordinary english rather than muscle man speak and if I could find what I needed by searching for it. Alkavadlo seems similar but I haven't spent enough time on the site to really judge. I'll keep at it and go to you tube next.

I don't think Kelly's blog is all that technical. If you don't understand a term, just google it. Learn something new instead of giving up.