Thread: Beef Bacon Grease? page

mike1anderson is offline Junior Member

Beef Bacon Grease?

Primal Fuel
    A lot of threads on here cover the topic of saving bacon grease, and some of them even cover the topic of saving "beef grease" - although the two are treated somewhat differently, in that it has been suggested that beef grease is a "lesser quality" grease.

My assumption is that when people speak of saving the drippings from bacon, they are only talking about the pork variety.

Currently I'm hooked on "Beef Bacon", and I am not eating any "Pork Bacon".

So, are the drippings from Beef Bacon just as useful as those from Pork Bacon?

Metric is offline Senior Member
    I'd save and use it... IMO, no point in wasting. Mind you, I've never heard of or seen beef bacon before.

Theresa92 is offline Senior Member
    It's interesting that you ask this question because I just bought my first pack of beef bacon today. I'll be using it tomorrow for breakfast. I'll probably scramble some eggs in the remaining grease. Im thinking that it should work out okay!

mike1anderson is offline Junior Member
    My favorite method of cooking beef bacon is to put it in pan lined with tinfoil.
    I put that into the oven while it is still cold (no pre-heating).
    I set the oven to 400 degrees, and the timer to 20 minutes.
    20 minutes later, I take out the beef bacon, done perfectly.

If the grease from that is worth saving, I'll definitely do it. I suppose if nobody really knows (nobody eats beef bacon? really?) then there is nothing to do but give it a try. Whats the worst that can happen?

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa92 View Post
    It's interesting that you ask this question because I just bought my first pack of beef bacon today. I'll be using it tomorrow for breakfast. I'll probably scramble some eggs in the remaining grease. Im thinking that it should work out okay!
    Do you like regular bacon? Also beef jerky? Then you should love beef bacon! It's deeelicious. Although oddly enough, my husband doesn't really like it. Of course I also love uncured sliced hog jowls, and he hates those. I guess I am just a lover of all bacon.

And I would think the grease leftover would be superior to pork bacon grease, especially if it's grassfed beef. The fat profile of grassfed beef is better than even pastured pork, no?