Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Christchurch, New Zealand page 2

NZBee is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    that is great gwamma, I am hoping the same for me. I've had psoratic arthritis since I was 21 and have been on pretty heavy duty medication for years - obviously there is nothing that is going to fix 13 years of damage to my joints but it would be fantastic to have a relatively painfree life and for it not to get any worse without the disease modifying drugs I'm on that just slow it down (I'm 34 so conscious that I've got hopefully quite awhile left in this body so would prefer it worked reasonably well lol). Fatigue from my body constantly fighting itself is probably more irritating than the pain so knocking that on the head would be fantastic. I've noticed quite an improvement in my energy levels since going gluten free and am not getting headaches or tummy aches all the time anymore. But I know I really need to kick the sugar as years ago for about 2 weeks I did the south beach diet and gave up sugar on that and wow I felt amazing. But I just couldn't keep it up because I don't eat eggs so was constantly stuck for what to have for breakfast. Its been quite the revelation that I don't necessarily have to have "breakfast" food in the morning, I could have a steak & salad etc (not that I'm likely to be up early enough for that lol!)
    We had quite a scare at the beginning of this year with DD being admitted to hospital for severe headaches and tummy pains, she had every test known to man (multiple blood tests, CT scan etc) and they found nothing, it does seem to have abated over the year but I really think that this way of eating could help her so I'm hoping she will stick with it.

Minor slip this morning already, on auto pilot I put a teaspoon of sugar in my coffee....sigh... its going to take awhile to retrain the brain. I'm off to clear out the kitchen so if the sugar jar is hiding in a cupboard it will remind me that I don't need it.

Hope you are going well Jayne!

PrimalJayne is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZBee View Post
    The whole household starts officially tomorrow - 1st of Sept, beginning of spring, new beginnings etc etc.
    Thinking of you today - Hope it's going really well.
    x

SleepingLion is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey Jayne, great to hear of another local discovering the good life!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12