Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warning, conspiracy theory! page 2

jaye is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think this is about "our" "need" for constant economic growth.

If people are encouraged to eat meat and vegetables, we run up against ecological limits pretty fast (Our numbers are beyond it already). Crop ag can keep expanding as long as we have fossil fuels. And crop ag can support a growing human population. More consumers.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaye View Post
    I think this is about "our" "need" for constant economic growth.

If people are encouraged to eat meat and vegetables, we run up against ecological limits pretty fast (Our numbers are beyond it already). Crop ag can keep expanding as long as we have fossil fuels. And crop ag can support a growing human population. More consumers.

I may be approaching this completely wrong... but if food was produced as it is on Polyface farm (which some people argue is not inherently sustainable, so it may skew numbers) and can feed 9 people for every 10 acres, and there are 922 million acres of farm land in the US (including animal production apparently) then those farms "could" potentially support a population over 829 million.

Even if 10 acres could only support 5 people there should still be more than enough food, including meat, to feed the population of the US.

???
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    People are living too long. I believe the basis of the artificial food era is to shorten the lives of the poor and under-educated, people just like you and me except for either missing the truth or intentionally not wanting to know. It's free will, these people CHOOSE to eat fake food day-in and day-out. All the while advertising smothers reality and pushes this food down people's throats under the guise of free enterprise. They just need us to die. Plain and simple. And people are signing up for it by the millions, from birth they are poisoned, so even if they figure it out in adulthood, the arterial plaque and organ scarring is well along its way. The pancreas cannot regenerate its alpha and beta cells, so if you target these by feeding people insulinogenic "foodstuffs", these cells are overtaxed heavily, all throughout developmental milestones and emotional meltdowns, illness, etc. until POW, it's too late. Often before adulthood. Never pretend the people in charge of this planet don't realize their responsibility to thin the herd.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    I may be approaching this completely wrong... but if food was produced as it is on Polyface farm (which some people argue is not inherently sustainable, so it may skew numbers) and can feed 9 people for every 10 acres, and there are 922 million acres of farm land in the US (including animal production apparently) then those farms "could" potentially support a population over 829 million.

Even if 10 acres could only support 5 people there should still be more than enough food, including meat, to feed the population of the US.

???
    Polyface is in Virginia. AFAIK that's a fairly wet and productive state. The majority of the farmland in the US probably can't yield as much per acre sustainably, especially in the Southwest and drier parts of the Midwest. Of course what we are doing now can't feed anyone sustainably, so there you go. But I don't think it's as simple as exporting Polyface-style permaculture across the country--each ecosystem will require unique approaches and yield different amounts of different crops/animals. We could sure as hell do a lot better than we are now, though.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    @Knifegill - It makes me happy to know I am not the only one who is riding the mental paraniod the govenment is try to kill us' train
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    I take solace in the fact that I now know I'm not alone. I work in the medical field and see first hand what government policy has done to out health, wealth, and happiness.

highvibes is offline Junior Member
    Nothing to add, but just wanted to say that I totally agree and LOVE this thread!

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Didn't the push for cheap crap food come from the Nixon era? An election was approaching, foods costs were rising and he needed a way to keep food prices down as a way of getting elected.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Dirlot, that is one the links in the chain. I do believe that was the beginning of the end for our food supply.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Polyface is in Virginia. AFAIK that's a fairly wet and productive state. The majority of the farmland in the US probably can't yield as much per acre sustainably, especially in the Southwest and drier parts of the Midwest. Of course what we are doing now can't feed anyone sustainably, so there you go. But I don't think it's as simple as exporting Polyface-style permaculture across the country--each ecosystem will require unique approaches and yield different amounts of different crops/animals. We could sure as hell do a lot better than we are now, though.

Well, that shoots holes in my theory.

Yes, grow your own food where you can... I don't... yet...
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast