Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: REVERSE CW Moments page

Knifegill is online now Senior Member

REVERSE CW Moments

Shop Now
    A friend on facebook was just advised, BY HER DOCTOR, to go on a Whole 30.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Oh, wow.

I want to open a bottle of champagne now.

I think things are going our way. Maybe slowly, but that's the way they're going.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    That's pretty fracking jokes.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

kkratz57 is offline Senior Member
    When I talked to my doctor about my gluten and casein intolerances he didn't dismiss me. Instead, he sympathized with me over how addictive those things where and how hard it was to remove those substances from his own children's diets.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kkratz57 View Post
    When I talked to my doctor about my gluten and casein intolerances he didn't dismiss me. Instead, he sympathized with me over how addictive those things where and how hard it was to remove those substances from his own children's diets.
    That's great. I'm inclined to think that most doctors did go into the profession because they wanted to help people. I don't think they know the extent to which they have been manipulated by the pharmaceutical industry. But they have been:

Pharmageddon: How Big Pharma Hijacked Healthcare 05/30 by Underground Wellness | Blog Talk Radio

Once they wake up to that ... well, we're cooking ...

Paleobird Guest
    My Dad's doctor has taken him off of four out of five medications he was taking and says, "When it comes to medication, less is more."

She was totally on board with him going Primal and is thrilled with the results. In fact having her confirm everything i was telling him made the difference in him getting on the program.

And she works for a big HMO. Nobody is suppressing her. She gets paid by having happy clients. There is a whole younger generation of physicians out there who are not CW. If yours is a dinosaur, find one that has evolved.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Same thing with my mom. She has been on statins, PPIs and a crapload of other meds for more than a decade. Her old doctor had prescribed them for her back then, and when he died, she started seeing his son who just kept adding to them, despite my protests. Because, you know, doctors are gods.

She saw a new doctor a few weeks ago. He ran a bunch of screening tests and announced there was absolutely nothing wrong with her except maybe a little osteoporosis (not unusual considering 77 years of CW) and pulled here off of EVERYTHING!!! The only things he prescribed were some D (totally agree) and calcium (totally disagree, but not rocking the boat).

Of course, it's annoying as hell that I've been saying the exact same thing for more than a year and she wouldn't budge, but I'll take it anyway.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I rang my surgery this morning to see if I had to go in to get a referral for a blood test. I got 20 questions from the nurse, who was tut-tutting away as I answered her questions, and furiously typing what I was answering into my notes !!! I haven't been to the Doctor since he fobbed me off yet again, aug 2011. It will be interesting to see what my blood tests reveal !

and yes paleobird I am going to look for a younger model ! wish me luck !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

And she works for a big HMO. Nobody is suppressing her. She gets paid by having happy clients. There is a whole younger generation of physicians out there who are not CW. If yours is a dinosaur, find one that has evolved.
    While it is true that there is no big group actively suppressing doctors, it is also true that they are required by law to offer a particular standard of care. So if she advises a high fat diet to someone and then they have a heart attack she could be opening herself up to a lawsuit.

So it's complicated and it is not easy to be a doctor who is going against the grain.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    While it is true that there is no big group actively suppressing doctors, it is also true that they are required by law to offer a particular standard of care. So if she advises a high fat diet to someone and then they have a heart attack she could be opening herself up to a lawsuit.

So it's complicated and it is not easy to be a doctor who is going against the grain.
    But she's not advising high fat per se. She's advising low carb. That is perfectly acceptable particularly for my Dad who was but no longer is "pre-diabetic".

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast