Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: REVERSE CW Moments page 5

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Actually, there was a remarkable success story with a six year old child, I think it was. She was diagnosed Type 1 Diabetes, and her parents were trying to help and tried a strict paleo diet. Her pancreas must not have been completely gone, because the function came back. But I would imagine this would only work on newly diagnosed children.
    Holy Crap!

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I love telling folk that I don't catch colds any more since I upped my sat fat intake.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CelloIsLove View Post
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that the wisdom we follow isn't all that unheard of for older generations. There's a reason obesity wasn't very prevalent before the 70's in America, and part of it was their overall high-fat, higher quality diets and active lifestyles. Why we forgot that and threw it away so quickly still boggles my mind.
    Because in Western societies, individualism is more prevalent, leading to younger generations believing that they're the shit and know better than the 1000 years of wisdom passed down from their own culture.

In China, where families are closer and individualism isn't as prevalent, the new generation still believes in eating rice porridge when having stomach issues, never drinking cold water to provoke digestive stress, walking places instead of running, etc. That's why they have a lower obesity rate....for the most part.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345