Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: REVERSE CW Moments page 3

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    A good friend's 5 year old daughter was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. When a friend of hers ( who happens to be a dr) visited them in hospital, the first thing she said was that the whole family should immediately go Primal. Best treatment for a diabetic that she could think of!
    Not a Type 1 diabetic.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

PoisonApple is offline Senior Member
    I'm currently 5 months pregnant. and I had my first doctor tell me that I must eat bread or the baby won't get enough nutrients.

SO.... I switched doctors. My new doctor said the most important thing for the baby is nutrition, and a diet high in fat and protein. Now if only I could understand what else he says (we moved to the deep south, he sounds like yosemite sam)
    Proud Bangmaid since August 2009

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I'd love to have these doctors call each other to explain themselves.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Ew, no, the South Beach diet is full of low fat/non-fat cheese, non-fat yogurt, turkey, non-fat this, low-fat that and admonitions to avoid all kinds of healthy stuff, including liver.
    Er - sounds very much like you are confusing that with weight watchers. It's generally a less extreme and more measured version of Atkins.

It promotes eating plenty of vegetables which happen to be low fat. It is certainly a high-fat diet and obviously high protein.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

jtrain_36 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    So it's complicated and it is not easy to be a doctor who is going against the grain.
    Pun intended? Haha well done

Heth is offline Member
    My son who is vegetarian by choice (and hardly eats/drinks dairy) decided that he doesn't like butter because he thinks of butter as his Dad's Nuttelex, which he has been discouraged from eating. Then one day I decided to encourage him to give butter a try and cooked him scrambled eggs in butter. Although he was resistant, he was ecstatic at how yummy it was and said in awe, "this taste like magic!".
    Last edited by Heth; 09-05-2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: confusing grammar

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by healthseekerKate View Post
    I was at my relatives' house recently for a cookout, and when I looked at their buffet spread, I realized that, apart from breading on the baked chicken (they left the breading off of mine!) and some breadcrumbs used to prepare meatballs, everything else was primal! Shrimp, scampi in drawn butter, steak, chicken, primal-friendly veggie side dishes, fruit for dessert. I'll admit that my relatives *did* go out of their way to ensure that there was "something" I could eat there, but it was nice to see that everyone else, normally accustomed to grains & sugars, also enjoyed an almost totally primal feast and didn't seem to notice the absence of breads and sweets.
    That's a good family you've got there.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    I've come to the realization that there is no such thing as a low-carb low-fat diet. It usually turns into a low-carb low-fat diet with lots of carb cheats.
    Well, yeah. A low-carb, low-fat diet is called "protein starvation" or "rabbit starvation" and it can kill you, in a really slow and horrible process... no sane person would voluntarily subject themselves to that long-term.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heth View Post
    My son who is vegetarian by choice (and hardly eats/drinks dairy) decided that he doesn't like butter because he thinks of butter as his Dad's Nuttelex, which he has been discouraged from eating. Then one day I decided to encourage him to give butter a try and cooked him scrambled eggs in butter. Although he was resistant, he was ecstatic at how yummy it was and said in awe, "this taste like magic!".
    Hee hee... and thus we sneak into his psyche and win him over to the dark side!

My kid did the same thing with sour cream. Hated it for 20 years, then had some again and changed his mind. Now he loves it.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrain_36 View Post
    Pun intended? Haha well done
    Dang...I wish I was clever enough to have done that on purpose
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast