Thread: Dr. Mercola Interviews Dr. Richard Johnson About The Fat Switch page

Scott F is offline Senior Member

Dr. Mercola Interviews Dr. Richard Johnson About The Fat Switch

Published on Jul 30, 2012
    "Dr. Mercola Interviews Dr. Richard Johnson About The Fat Switch
    Natural health physician and Mercola.com founder Dr. Joseph Mercola interviews Dr. Richard Johnson a professor of medicine at the University of Colorado about the fat switch."

Dr Johnson talks about their latest research that's recently been published for peer review. He talks about how fructose sets animal metabolism to gain fat as preparation for lean months. Why beer (but not wine) causes the same insulin resistance leading to the "beer belly".

Dr Richard Johnson's bio at the University of Colorado
    RICHARD J JOHNSON, M.D. | Academics | University of Colorado Denver
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Well, I ordered and have been reading "The Fat Switch" by Dr. Richard Johnson. This is a really good read. It isn't simply a diet book. Johnson goes into Natural History about human evolution and comparative studies to other animals. The book then goes into how sugar (and honey too) into different societies (pre BC and New World sugar trade) that then report medical literature from those cultures about obesity and diabetes. Merocal is spot on that the book reads like a novel detective story.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I really like Mercola. really smart individulal and a good authority on natural health