Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kankersores from deficiency? page

source99 is offline Junior Member

Kankersores from deficiency?

Primal Fuel
    Hi All,

I'm not sure if the timing lines up but I think I can find a correlation to an increase in kankersores in my mouth since I started low carb several years ago.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I know there are a million theories on what causes kankersores but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts related to low-carb living?

Thanks

Darz is offline Senior Member
    I had them quite often before - but about 2 years ago when I stopped eating junk food and started eating a broader variety of whole foods they have since disappeared, I only get them by accidently biting the gums/lips when chewing. Though I don't follow a low carb diet.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I've never had them on low carb.

I did get them quite a bit in high school though when cutting significant weight for wrestling. I was putting my body through immense stress with the amount of working out I did on a calorie restricted diet. But back then I would cut all fat out of food and only eat like oranges and grapefruit juice and chicken breast or some such nonsense followed by a short fast.

So, I suppose in my situation it could have been the missing fatty acid profile in my diet. Or simply stress and calorie restriction/malnutrition.

You may simply not eat enough calories. Do you vary your vegetable intake with your low carb diet? Take any supplements?
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 08-30-2012 at 05:36 AM.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    I stopped getting them when I started eating this way.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I used to get them in response to a lot of sugar and around my period. Since adapting primal, I haven't had them.

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    I used to get them, but I could always line it up with lacking something. As in, mostly eating junk or no fruit etc. Now as long as I'm eating wisely I don't get them. However, if I go off the rails on vacation or something, I'm almost guaranteed that mean reminder.

I wonder if you are just follow carb, you may needs bit of citrus to keep them away.

jennifer

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I used to get them from eating too much sugar, getting too stressed, or having too much citrus. I don't have any issues with them on primal.

Acyclovir is for herpes, not cankersores. They are different things.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    My sister used to get them a lot when she was a kid (in the 70's). My mom would give her L-lysine and have her rinse her mouth with glysine. She would get them from eating too much citrus. Now she gets them when she's stressed. L-lysine is an amino acid and doesn't produce any side effects that I'm aware of. I was able to take 3,000mg per day while I was pregnant. I take it when I feel a coldsore coming on along with extra B12 and it stops it in its tracks. L-lysine is great for herpetic lesions and shingles. You can mega dose it by taking 1,000 mg 3-4 times a day.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I used to get them from eating too much sugar, getting too stressed, or having too much citrus......
    That would line up with my previous episodes especially the citrus part. I havent had one in over 10 years now though.

PrimalLizard is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    My sister used to get them a lot when she was a kid (in the 70's). My mom would give her L-lysine and have her rinse her mouth with glysine. She would get them from eating too much citrus. Now she gets them when she's stressed. L-lysine is an amino acid and doesn't produce any side effects that I'm aware of. I was able to take 3,000mg per day while I was pregnant. I take it when I feel a coldsore coming on along with extra B12 and it stops it in its tracks. L-lysine is great for herpetic lesions and shingles. You can mega dose it by taking 1,000 mg 3-4 times a day.
    ditto on the L-lysine. I would have recurring canker sores and my dentist recommended taking it. haven't had any issues since.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast