Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The many uses of coconut oil

Shop Now
    I use it in my hair also. I only discovered it like a month or so ago, and made a big deal about it to everyone in my life. All over town I was like, "Ya know I have been anti-"putting-stuff-in-your-hair" since I was like, 8 years old? Well I found something awesome finally. My life is changed!"

I also like to flick it at my wife's breasts
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

I'm starting to feel like Gus from My Big Fat Greek Wedding . . . only, instead of "Put some Windex" . . . . my cure all for everything is to put some coconut oil on it!

PaleoGus.jpg
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by caradoerr View Post
    It is also good on cracked nipples from Breastfeeding.
    I bet the baby loves that. Mine is 18 months, happily eating solid foods and still insists on being nursed once in a while (read: once a day at least)

Quote Originally Posted by JennHeart View Post
    I bet the baby loves that. Mine is 18 months, happily eating solid foods and still insists on being nursed once in a while (read: once a day at least)
    It is so awesome that you are still able to nurse though! It's a comfort thing baby obviously loves mommy! Nothing better than that.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorAmy View Post
    I'm starting to feel like Gus from My Big Fat Greek Wedding . . . only, instead of "Put some Windex" . . . . my cure all for everything is to put some coconut oil on it!

PaleoGus.jpg
    OMG - This is so me! Sometimes I have to tell myself to shut up about coconut oil when talking to others.

My uses:
    -add to coffee for breakfast
    -it's my face moisturizer and body lotion
    -leave-in overnight hair conditioner
    -tanning oil/sunscreen (no burns, but great tan)
    -use for oil-pulling (testing to see if helps whitening, healthy mouth)

And more uses:http://www.swansonvitamins.com/blog/...ng-coconut-oil
    Last edited by Stacy15; 07-16-2013 at 04:05 PM.