Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The many uses of coconut oil page 2

ciavyn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by unsuperb View Post
    It does work! I made some last week out of boredom (and nothing else works) and have been shocked by how well it has been working. I can skip a day of re-applying and not gross myself out (which, previously, if I didn't reapply every six hours or so, I had gross b.o. stench mixed with whatever awful fragrance was in the deodorant).
    Have you had any irritation issues? I find these very effective, but I cannot take almost any natural deodorants due to my poor, irritated underarms. Regular, nasty, chemical laden deodorants? No problem. My underarms are soft and comfy. Natural ones with baking soda or cornstarch -- or even the natural ones with salts or clay -- and my underarms burn and get red. I so want to get rid of these chemicals!

Paleobird Guest
    Coconut oil also is a great eye makeup remover. Non irritating to the eyes.

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ciavyn View Post
    Have you had any irritation issues? I find these very effective, but I cannot take almost any natural deodorants due to my poor, irritated underarms. Regular, nasty, chemical laden deodorants? No problem. My underarms are soft and comfy. Natural ones with baking soda or cornstarch -- or even the natural ones with salts or clay -- and my underarms burn and get red. I so want to get rid of these chemicals!
    Hmm, have you tried arrowroot? I haven't had irritation issues, but my skin isn't terribly sensitive to begin with.
    Here's another recipe that is supposed to be less irritating (but does have the baking soda)
    Solving the World's Deodorant Crisis: A New Soothing Recipe | Crunchy Betty

Charmee is offline Junior Member
    I have veery dry skin and coconut oil help me more than anything, I apply it on my face every day before going to bed and my skin looks much better and softer than before) Here's the also the article about coconut oil for baby skin. My friend uses coconut oil for her baby, she says it helps for diaper rash very well.
    Last edited by Charmee; 07-11-2013 at 04:41 AM.

caradoerr is offline Junior Member
    It is also good on cracked nipples from Breastfeeding.

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    I agree that coconut oil is the bomb. I have a bald head (by choice ) and my scalp is prone to drying out. So I apply a small amount of coconut oil to my scalp after shaving it and to my face. Plus coconut oil just smells so good especially when heated. I get a big tub of it from Costco and today I just ran out from the tub I bought back in August!
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

freerangepiglings is offline Senior Member
    I too use it as eye make up remover, and as a moisturiser. It helps post-leg shaving too.

As a mum, I can confirm it is also useful on kids for eczema, thrush, sore bums post-constipation and nappy rash. And as a general placebo for various ills and ailments that children believe need cream!

I also sometimes use it in my bath to disperse essential oils. Skin comes out lovey but makes the bath very slippy!

freerangepiglings is offline Senior Member
    I too use it as eye make up remover, and as a moisturiser. It helps post-leg shaving too.

As a mum, I can confirm it is also useful on kids for eczema, thrush, sore bums post-constipation and nappy rash. And as a general placebo for various ills and ailments that children believe need cream!

I also sometimes use it in my bath to disperse essential oils. Skin comes out lovey but makes the bath very slippy!

caradoerr is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=freerangepiglings;1248886] And as a general placebo for various ills and ailments that children believe need cream!

Hahaha! Love those quote! I will have to remember this when my baby get bigger.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    also as mouthwash. my gums feel super clean and healthy.

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast