Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grossed out by meat.

Hybrid View

Grossed out by meat.

Meat kind of always grossed me out, even growing up. I was a vegetarian for some years and trying this primal way of eating is not agreeing with me. I mean, I like eggs, but I did increase my egg intake for breakfast and just started to feel like shit, to be honest. I can deal with turkey meat, but red meat is just plain nasty.

Any other vegetarians have trouble transitioning into primal way of eating?
    Last edited by Barefoot Gentile; 08-30-2012 at 08:01 PM.

So stick with lean meat. I don't eat red meat or eggs either. Turkey, chicken, and fish.

so why are you posting here?

oh wait...trolls gonna troll

Okay. I'll eat a few pieces of bread, but you have to sit next to me while I fart. And you get to do everything for me because I'll be experiencing moderate joint pain, among other symptoms, for three or four days.
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

I was vegetarian most of my life because eating animals grosses me out too. However, the dairy allergy, the joint pain from eating grains, and the lack of energy when eating grains, kind of forced me to try something new. To be honest eating meat still grosses me out. I try not to think about it too much. It's sad but I find I need to eat animal protein to feel energetic, lose weight, and treat my adhd. Removing grains from my family's life has made them all feel more emotionally balanced.

We are all different. Some people feel great eating vegetarian diets others don't. We all need to figure out what works best for us as individuals.

Not sure about your assertion that we have evolved to eat grains. We could not have evolved fast enough to keep up with modern science. But lets agree to disagree.

And I was on your side with your last thread, felt you were treated pretty harshly over the sandwich thread. But I think you know what your getting yourself into this time. So good luck barefoot.

I am still trying to figure out if eating primal is a healthy lifestyle way of eating. From observing on this forum and knowing people in real life that eat primal, their number one motive is to loss weight, which is awesome! But I never had a weight issue, I am extremely active, and the lack of carbs is not agreeing with me. I have been primal for a month, felt like crap. I started getting back to my non-labeling way of eating and starting to feel good again.
    Last edited by Barefoot Gentile; 08-29-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile View Post
    I am still trying to figure out if eating primal is a healthy lifestyle way of eating. From observing on this forum and knowing people in real life that eat primal, their number one motive is to loss weight, which is awesome! But I never had a weight issue, I am extremely active, and the lack of carbs is not agreeing with me. I have been primal for a month, felt like crap. I started getting back to my non-labeling way of eating and starting to feel good again.
    paleo/primal isn't low carb. and there are tons of us on this site that aren't here to lose weight. stop trolling. for realz

Stop trying to figure out if primal is healthy for other people or what their motives are. If you are doing that, you have an agenda. Stay focused on yourself.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

I am still trying to figure out if eating primal is a healthy lifestyle way of eating.... I started getting back to my non-labeling way of eating and starting to feel good again.
    It seems like you figured it out to me. You figured out that going back to your non-labeling way of eating is making you start to feel good again.

So there... that puts this thread to bed. Question asked and answered!
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Octo Lacto Choco Late.. going to order that tomorrow morning at starbucks..