Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grossed out by meat. page

Barefoot Gentile is offline Senior Member

Grossed out by meat.

Primal Fuel
    Meat kind of always grossed me out, even growing up. I was a vegetarian for some years and trying this primal way of eating is not agreeing with me. I mean, I like eggs, but I did increase my egg intake for breakfast and just started to feel like shit, to be honest. I can deal with turkey meat, but red meat is just plain nasty.

Any other vegetarians have trouble transitioning into primal way of eating?
    Last edited by Barefoot Gentile; 08-30-2012 at 08:01 PM.

ryan54 is offline Member
    So stick with lean meat. I don't eat red meat or eggs either. Turkey, chicken, and fish.

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    so why are you posting here?

oh wait...trolls gonna troll

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Okay. I'll eat a few pieces of bread, but you have to sit next to me while I fart. And you get to do everything for me because I'll be experiencing moderate joint pain, among other symptoms, for three or four days.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    I was vegetarian most of my life because eating animals grosses me out too. However, the dairy allergy, the joint pain from eating grains, and the lack of energy when eating grains, kind of forced me to try something new. To be honest eating meat still grosses me out. I try not to think about it too much. It's sad but I find I need to eat animal protein to feel energetic, lose weight, and treat my adhd. Removing grains from my family's life has made them all feel more emotionally balanced.

We are all different. Some people feel great eating vegetarian diets others don't. We all need to figure out what works best for us as individuals.

Not sure about your assertion that we have evolved to eat grains. We could not have evolved fast enough to keep up with modern science. But lets agree to disagree.

And I was on your side with your last thread, felt you were treated pretty harshly over the sandwich thread. But I think you know what your getting yourself into this time. So good luck barefoot.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Octo Lacto Choco Late.. going to order that tomorrow morning at starbucks..

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    You think animals don't eat each other? You're an animal. Eat animal food designed for your animal or your body will suffer. This is not science, it's common sense. You are a person, so eat people food. Failure to do so will eventually catch up to you. I say this in love, because it hurts to hear about people damaging themselves.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Barefoot Gentile is offline Senior Member
    I am still trying to figure out if eating primal is a healthy lifestyle way of eating. From observing on this forum and knowing people in real life that eat primal, their number one motive is to loss weight, which is awesome! But I never had a weight issue, I am extremely active, and the lack of carbs is not agreeing with me. I have been primal for a month, felt like crap. I started getting back to my non-labeling way of eating and starting to feel good again.
    Last edited by Barefoot Gentile; 08-29-2012 at 07:31 PM.

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    I was watching mindless tv earlier while folding clothes and came across a guy who travels the world eating tarantula and live octopus and stuff. In comparison, a grilled rib eye looks pretty non-gross. But, seriously, maybe you just don't like the texture of beef? The tv-guy said that one of his biggest hurdles eating strange food is texture (right behind smell). There are great cuts of beef that have a different texture from "normal" steak. Or, just skip beef. I had kangaroo once - had the texture of lamb but the taste of beef. Course, that's usually hard to come by.

But a natural aversion is a natural aversion, and unless you are really anemic and have no other good sources of iron, there's no need to really force yourself. I have an aversion to milk - a tall glass of ice-cold milk (even raw full-fat) just looks completely unappetizing to me, has been all my life. I understand that it is food, and will occasionally take a sip depending upon the situation. But when I am thirsty I never ever think to pour myself a glass of milk. If that's the sort of boat you're in, then just figure out how to get your nutrition elsewhere.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Stop posting on this forum, seriously. Two threads that you start that are just plain useless and utterly stupid provocations.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast