Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Grossed out by meat. page 4

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Please, PLEASE, get a life Barefoot. Do you seriously have so much time that you are able to keep trolling this board when you have no real interest in why this works for so many of us?

Go get some friends or something. You'll be a lot happier, and so will we when you stop trolling!

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile View Post
    I am still trying to figure out if eating primal is a healthy lifestyle way of eating.... I started getting back to my non-labeling way of eating and starting to feel good again.
    It seems like you figured it out to me. You figured out that going back to your non-labeling way of eating is making you start to feel good again.

So there... that puts this thread to bed. Question asked and answered!
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

carlh is offline Senior Member
    On the obvious bullshit caveman/dinosaur thing, I saw some little adorable caveman toys right next to some adorable little dinosaur toys. Kids grow up with wrong information from the get-go. Want smart kids? Give 'em smart toys.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Meat kind of always grossed me out,
    this is truly a problem only for an affluent westerner.

Plus you I wouldn't want a disease-free cow, you can need to be exposed to poisons

this garbled syntax and hilarious assertion actually me made lol.

k, thanks for stopping by, off ya go now...
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Why not call it 'eating whole foods'.
    Because Primal is not about "eating whole foods." I can eat wheat berries off the stalk and corn on the cob and white potatoes by the bushel. Not a smidge of "processing," or Big ag additives, or bags or boxes or labels. Whole and unprocessed and natural as can be. But not Primal. We need a better descriptor than "whole."
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    I totally agree with you. He does look sickly, but I am amazed how he runs ultras eating like the way he does. I guess we can really train our bodies to function the way we like to. Sorry for being a dickhead on this board, the "primal" way of eating is the only diet that has ever got me stumped. Maybe because I was raised primal and ate primal since the 70's, that it's normal for me, but forcing myself to succumbing to a labeling way of eating? Who knows...
    Didn't you say last time you ate a sandwich that you are 24? Now I'm no genius, but wouldn't that make you born I late 80's?

I don't remember anyone saying you had to label your nutrition style. Personally, I love the Primal eating, but I think it sounds ridiculous coming from me. Maybe once I've lost 10 more lbs, but right now, I just tell people I avoid processed food and excess sugar.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

... Plus you I wouldn't want a disease-free cow, you can need to be exposed to poisons.
    You I know what Mr. Gentile, your my relentless efforts have swayed me you. I you doesn't want a disease-free cow, give me you all poisons Scott Jurek. Count you me in our column of primal dinosaur cavemen that got fed up with feeling good bread. Ultra runner from now on. I you no longer says"Grok on", I you say "Agriculture on" my our good man!
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    What's wrong with the 'label' Primal? To me, it means original, basic, quality, the foundation (of a healthy lifestyle). It's a one word summation of a 2 paragraph explanation. And it has just a little bit of 'wild' to it.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    barefoot, you obviously have an agenda. a mentally deficient 5 year old could see you have an agenda

now, i could go all out and take my daily life frustrations out on you via this post and say you're an effing moron and if you want to eat bread all day every day go right ahead! whoooo caaaaares? there must be something big missing in your life to make you come here and posts these posts, saying bread is fine on a board where 99% of the people realize bread is NOT fine, like you expect to sway the masses to your barefoot, sandwich eating, long distance running ways like you yourself may be a mentally deficient 5 year old

i could say that as trolls go, you're terrible at it. trolls by their very nature will come into a calm situation to say something inflammatory in the hopes of stirring up trouble. what you aren't realizing is that an actual trolling is like throwing fire crackers into a small room full of people. your posts are like one fart in a large room. do you see what i'm saying here? if you're going to do something, make it count

i could say, OH MY FCKING GOD, JUST EAT BREAD I DON'T CARE

i could say i wish to god you'd stfu if you aren't going to make a fight worth my time to read

but i won't

you can totes be a lacto-ovo vegetarian and still be perfectly primal! !!!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Bob-Tao is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mr. Barefoot Gentile,

I respect your opinion and if that's the way you feel you will do fine not eating meat. It's not for everyone. Doesn't mean it's better or worse, it's just different. I feel better since I stopped grains about 3 weeks ago. I am eating about 150 g. a day of carbs from non-grain sources and also have been eating meat, fish, dairy, eggs. To me it's all good. I haven't lost any additional weight, but at 6ft 1-1/2 inches and 208 lbs., being 15 pounds overweight doesn't concern me that much. If I lose or don't lose any more weight, I'll be happy not to gain any. I don't believe there's any magic bullet for longevity, but I do believe you should eat what makes you feel the best while you are alive. My father died at 64 of a heart attack. He looked great and exercised regularly and didn't have an extra ounce of fat on him. Even had a full head of hair. My mother-in-law and father in law made it to their early 90's after being 60-80 lbs overweight until their early 80's. In their last 10 years of life they lived on Hot-pockets, frozen dinners and progresso canned soup, and a little salami, wine and chocolate on the side. I find many people tend to be sure their formula is the right one. Maybe it's only right for them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast