Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grossed out by meat. page 3

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_h View Post
    Aren't modern crocodiles dinosaurs? His students were probably thinking Triceratops & the like though.
    You're thinking of birds.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    To the OP either you are primal or not...ffs stop trolling.
    A lot of people have eaten the SAD diet and gained a shit load of weight so of course you are going to hear about those success stories of people loosing weigh effortlessly by going primal.
    Like you I have no major issues with wheat/grains but man cutting them out, major energy, dropped 13lbs (now 180lbs and 12% bf at an age that puts me in my late 40s). Just because I have no issue with them does not mean they are good for me.
    FFS I sure there is vegetrarian/grainatarian site that you can go to and you can all pray to the gmo corn and the heavily modified wheat so go there and have fun, and leave those of us who know better alone.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 08-30-2012 at 06:00 AM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Nady is offline Senior Member
    This again?

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Seems like if you feel like crap and don't think PB is healthy, you shouldn't eat it, and you should go away. Maybe do whatever your hero Scott Jurek does to get his manly body.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile View Post
    I am still trying to figure out if eating primal is a healthy lifestyle way of eating. From observing on this forum and knowing people in real life that eat primal, their number one motive is to loss weight, which is awesome! But I never had a weight issue, I am extremely active, and the lack of carbs is not agreeing with me. I have been primal for a month, felt like crap. I started getting back to my non-labeling way of eating and starting to feel good again.
    paleo/primal isn't low carb. and there are tons of us on this site that aren't here to lose weight. stop trolling. for realz

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Come on, man, it looks obvious that he's pretty much malnourished.
    It's not even a question of looks or anything, he has LOW muscle mass, doesn't look manly at all.
    It's absolutely not his natural set point if he gave the right nutrition to his body.
    Excellent point! That is what I was thinking. He clearly doesn't look to be at HIS natural weight/set point. There is that slightly ill appearance going on. I know that I've gotten really cut before and it required great sacrifice with my body type to get there in the way of not eating much. I look at those pictures and yes I was ripped!! But I don't look healthy with that gaunt thing going on. My body just naturally carries a bit of fat. By no means would one see me on the street and say man that guy is fat either.

That's not a dude in that picture, yo, that's a guy's head on Angelina Jolie's body...with a little bit of leg hair added for effect.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I was octo-lacto vegetarian
    So you ate octopus, dairy, and vegetation? Or you ate eight times as much dairy as a vegetarian? This is a pure gem. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefood Gentile
    this primal eating I have to say is really disgusting.
    Good thing your last several dozen generations of ancestors didn't feel that way or you wouldn't be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile
    I can deal with turkey meat, but red meat is just plain nasty. It can be grass-feed meat from a cow that was born in hypodermic oxygen tank free from all diseases, and it still turns me off. Plus you I wouldn't want a disease-free cow, you can need to be exposed to poisons.
    This is an excellent and well-reasoned argument. You have a personal distaste for red meat, so nobody should eat it, we should have bread. Plus, the industrial meat industry is doing us a favor by exposing us to toxins. Thanks for enlightening us.

And, the whole Grok analogy just does not fit the world today.
    500 years ago, 75% of the populated landmass of the world was inhabited by hunter-gatherers. You don't think that's relevant?

The Grok had no options during the dinosaur era.
    Sure he did. I saw a documentary on it the other day. His options were Brontosaurus ribs or Brontosaurus steaks. Or he could go over Barney and Wilma's for dinner. I think you may be confused about human history. Just a little.

But the Grok today has certainly morphed into different digestive systems that CAN eat grains, wheat, etc. We are not cave people anymore! We have evolved and will continue to evolve with this world. Bread will not kill you.
    Some kids eat paste and Play-doh and legos and pennies and paper clips. Just because we CAN eat something doesn't mean it's optimal for us. Bread doesn't kill me, but it makes me sick. I would rather swallow a paper clip. Actually, I'd rather eat some delicious beef (raised on a real farm down the street on real grass, not in a hyperbaric chamber or hermetically sealed bubble).

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    So you ate octopus, dairy, and vegetation? Or you ate eight times as much dairy as a vegetarian? This is a pure gem. Thanks.

Sure he did. I saw a documentary on it the other day. His options were Brontosaurus ribs or Brontosaurus steaks. Or he could go over Barney and Wilma's for dinner. I think you may be confused about human history. Just a little.
    utterly hilarious. and very close to home, because i saw that exact same documentary too!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I am still trying to figure out if eating primal is a healthy lifestyle way of eating. From observing on this forum and knowing people in real life that eat primal, their number one motive is to loss weight, which is awesome! But I never had a weight issue, I am extremely active, and the lack of carbs is not agreeing with me. I have been primal for a month, felt like crap. I started getting back to my non-labeling way of eating and starting to feel good again.
    Stop trying to figure out if primal is healthy for other people or what their motives are. If you are doing that, you have an agenda. Stay focused on yourself.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast