Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grossed out by meat. page 2

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just googled Scott Jurek. He looks disgusting. I don't see how he will live past his 70's.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    At whole foods, I DO eat the free cheese. It's a tiny cube. Like 5 maybe 10 calories or something. Even with lactose intolerance, IBS, etc., that quantity is not enough to do anything to most people.

I've got a HUGE can of troll food I just popped open. Scattering it across the pond to see them snap at the water. Good times.

So you are worried about looks? How do you look then, you must be perfect or chubby?
    Body composition is the key, here. He has very little organ reserve. A few days of bedrest would take him OUT.

My pics are on here. I look a little bit like Danzig when he's cut.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile View Post
    So you are worried about looks? How do you look then, you must be perfect or chubby?
    Come on, man, it looks obvious that he's pretty much malnourished.
    It's not even a question of looks or anything, he has LOW muscle mass, doesn't look manly at all.
    It's absolutely not his natural set point if he gave the right nutrition to his body.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    This primal way of eating meat constantly will destroy you insides sooner or later.
    So, you have an emotional reaction to meat (it always grossed you out).

You try to rationalise it and pretend that you are doing it for health reasons rather than emotional reasons by believing falsehoods like meat rotting in your colon.

amiright?

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Just googled Scott Jurek. He looks disgusting. I don't see how he will live past his 70's.
    Isn't that just the body distortion that would be normal with a competitive ultramarathoner? I mean really, who expects anyone that runs world class times of any distance to live til they are 80?
    Last edited by magicmerl; 08-29-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    So, you have an emotional reaction to meat (it always grossed you out).

You try to rationalise it and pretend that you are doing it for health reasons rather than emotional reasons by believing falsehoods like meat rotting in your colon.

amiright?
    Seems rational to me. Maybe he should see a psychiatrist about his carnophobia?

Three things:

1) Danzig is a horrible person - not a horrible singer!

2) Grok missed the dinosaurs by a few dozen million years.

3) No paleo or primal advocate says we can't eat grains - only that they aren't the most nutritionally sound thing to eat.

But hey - if meat isn't your thing, can you deal with fish? Lots of people don't like this or that kind of meat. I don't see how not wanting to eat beef is a real critique of the nutritional scheme, though.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Maybe because I was raised primal and ate primal since the 70's, that it's normal for me, but forcing myself to succumbing to a labeling way of eating? Who knows...
    I am not smart enough to understand what you are saying here.

You're objecting to the idea of a diet having a label? Why not call it 'eating whole foods'. Is that too much like a label?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Your answer is absolutely sensible Philosopher Dan, however, you're talking to someone who's not.
    His statement about eating meat going to be unhealthy for us in the long run is typical.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    The Grok had no options during the dinosaur era.
    My husband, a high school teacher was pretty astounded to find out that some of his students believed that humans lived concurrently with dinosaurs, then he realized that these students were low functioning and he had more compassion for them. I now understand why you had a hard time understanding The PB.

mike_h is offline Senior Member
    My husband, a high school teacher was pretty astounded to find out that some of his students believed that humans lived concurrently with dinosaurs
    Aren't modern crocodiles dinosaurs? His students were probably thinking Triceratops & the like though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast