Page 99 of 263 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 99

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    gosh no pastry since last may when you were in paris.... I'm impressed with your commitment!!!

Hope the knee comes right. You of course, know to ttake it easy!

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    To be honest, the no grains thing is pretty much a no brainer for me at this point. When I do on occasion see some thing that looks like something I used to go for, for the most part, I look a second time and thing it really doesn't look that good, not enough to bother with. Now a florentine might be different, those are amazing, at least the ones I had in Paris and Italy were, anyway.

Hubby had 2 strong beers in "Belgium", I had water. I had a taste of his chocolate mousse, and we had fries with mayo. Also tried the headcheese, which was quite nice, and took the plunge and tried a blood sausage...really tasty to both of our surprise. 4 belgian chocolates. Much later, had a nekked sirloin steak 8 oz grilled, no sides, at home. Plus a rum & coke and shared a bottle of bubbles. I think I'm ready for bed...

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    To be honest, the no grains thing is pretty much a no brainer for me at this point. When I do on occasion see some thing that looks like something I used to go for, for the most part, I look a second time and thing it really doesn't look that good, not enough to bother with. Now a florentine might be different, those are amazing, at least the ones I had in Paris and Italy were, anyway.
    I'm the same, it really doesn't even present itself as an option to me anymore. The odd occasion that something wheat-based has accidently passed my lips (like the dusted grilled fish I ate a week ago), I feel so damned miserable afterwards that I would never knowingly eat it, no matter how delicious it might be.
    Florentines though..... well, they only have corn...

Feeling off today. Only around 7 hours of sleep as I stayed up late and had to get the kid off to work for 9 am. Tired, head a bit foggy, slight headache on and off, belly off, with even a couple of hours of mild nausea. I could see that last night's indulgences may be contributing...bite of hubby's beef stew (flour, no doubt), bunch of fries cooked in questionable oil, a bit of gravy from the stew on some of the fries, possibly something in the sausage (didn't ask), and a couple of sips of hubby's beer. Not such a good idea after all, methinks. And I just realized that I'm in prime time for PMS type stuff, so likely that's not helping either. Bah.

Black coffee, some blueberries in greek yogurt with coconut. Felt worse after. Thought I'd try to nap, but no go after the coffee...maybe later. Feeling somewhat better now, after eating a half cup of leftover white rice and a small pepperoni stick. Threw some chicken breasts in the slow cooker with 3 heads of garlic for dinner, we'll see how that turns out. It's hot again, and I'm not feeling up to being in the heat, so no walk or pooltime for now. My knee is still a bit tender, too.

May skip doing another pavilion tonight, will see how I am feeling later. We still have tomorrow also for this week's pavilions, they change over on Sunday to a whole new set of cultures. I'd like to hit either Cuba or Korea today or tomorrow. Next week will be Brazil, and 2 more undecided places. I'll be more wary of food ingredients from now on.

Whatever was going on earlier has passed, fortunately. Starting to feel a bit crampy, typical pre cycle stuff for me. Naprosyn helps. Oddly, I seem to be diuresing, as I've been peeing a lot today, more than what I've been taking in. Maybe releasing the extra fluid onboard due to higher carb intake the past few days. No nap, just puttering around the house. I think I had a few pecans at some point.

Although I did feel up to it, we decided to stay home tonight. Cuba will still be there tomorrow. And yes, that likely means a mojito

The chicken turned out very moist and tasty. Piled a bunch onto a BAS with greens, cucumber, scallion, kalmata olives, feta cheese. Not quite satisfied after, so I had probably close to a cup of white rice I had made for the boys. It hit the spot and I'm still nicely filled, nearly 4 hours post eating. Perhaps the extra carb is an okay thing, considering TOM on the way and I suppose rice is better then potato chips, at least.

A vodka soda with lime to end the evening. Time to break away from the rum & diet coke, which has crept back in of late.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    9 hours sleep once again, my body seems to like that amount. Too bad it's just not possible when I work...that would mean bed at 930...I often have to be picking up a kid from somewhere later that that.
    Too bad...maybe you could try for 8 or 8.5 hours a night?

Walked with hubby for 75 min, the knee was less sore, did some light jogging but no sprints, and did single leg squats while he did box jumps for 10 each leg, also 10 pushups, and unassisted 1 pullup and 2 chinups in the playground. Nice and sunny & hot. A good float in the pool later on.
    This heat has sapped my exercise will power (the little that I had) I've done next to nothing...

To be honest, the no grains thing is pretty much a no brainer for me at this point.
    Me too. I still get "incidental" flour - dusting of flour on fish, little bits in sauce...my downfall appears to be sugar and alcohol...no surprise there

4 belgian chocolates.
    How were they??

Although I did feel up to it, we decided to stay home tonight. Cuba will still be there tomorrow. And yes, that likely means a mojito
    But of course!

A vodka soda with lime to end the evening. Time to break away from the rum & diet coke, which has crept back in of late.
    I like having my alcohol before supper. I never drink after supper, unless I'm at an "event".
    Quite a few different alcohols have crept back into my summer life
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Too bad...maybe you could try for 8 or 8.5 hours a night?
    8 could be 'doable' a lot of nights if I am diligent...will have to work on that. It's pretty evident that the 6 1/2 that I often get is not enough for me.

my downfall appears to be sugar and alcohol...no surprise there
    Pretty much like me these days...

How were they??
    Worth it. Good that I only bought the 4...actually 3, one was a free sample

I like having my alcohol before supper. I never drink after supper, unless I'm at an "event".
    Mine are normally later as I often have to drive someone somewhere after dinner...so some days I don't have one before 9 or 10 pm...of course, if I went to bed earlier, I suppose I could skip the drink in trade for sleep...what a novel concept...

The Cuba pavilion was fun. Food was okay, sort of meh, but the show was great. Talk about sexy dancing! And sexy dancers . Salsa, rhumba, chacha, and so on. Now home, and ending my evening with laundry and oven cleaning (yay for figuring out the self clean ).

Today's eats:
    black coffee, a few oz leftover chicken breast, bowl of cream of greens soup
    a pepperoni stick and some lovely gluten free beef jerky from a local butcher. One square of dark chocolate.
    D: roast pork loin, a few bites of rice with black beans, salad, plantain chips, 3 bites of a caramel flan. 2 mojitos

Some NZ sauvignon blanc now open...

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I just got invited to join a Cuban dance class by a girlfriend. I don't think I'm brave enough aside from my crazy-arse schedule, but yeah it looks pretty damn sexy.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I need to get a bit harder on the no grains. I just think a little bit here and there isnt quite as dire as I would have first thought. Having said that though I have noticed that the bowel issues are not as clean and tidy when there is more wheat creep. TMI

Slept in, another 9 hours total. Of course I've been up very late every night since we've been off work, I probably should sort that out over the next week before the vacation ends. A few errands run.

Took the boys for haircuts this afternoon. The 16 year old was very pleased that the young stylist guessed his age as 18 or 19...no doubt the added muscle helps and the fact that he hasn't shaved in a few days, so has that young 'manly' stubble down from the sideburns along the jaw angle...too funny! Son #2 was very unhappy with his cut, the stylist said after he went out the door that she suspected that (he hadn't said much at that point) that we could come back for a fix at no cost if he wanted. So we returned a bit later, and after some trimming, he decided to go for a buzz. Most of his friends have buzzcuts, and he confessed he'd been thinking about doing it, actually planning to, just not quite yet...so his shaggy locks that curl up at the ends when long are gone, and he is actually quite pleased with the look. Very low maintenance, which is how he is about hair anyway. Of course, we then had to promptly go shopping for a hat, as apparently if you have a buzz, you need one of those flat brimmed gangsta style caps...whatever. In the end, he looks good, and seeing him pleased about it is good to see for a change. He even let me rub his head a couple of times .

Dinner tonight was all hubby's plan...he had a craving for risotto, which we haven't made in well over a year, and creme brulee, both of which he made from start to finish.

Eats:
    black coffee, 2 pepperoni sticks. A handful of juicy cherries.
    D: grilled sirloin, grilled mixed sweet peppers, mushroom risotto, coconut creme brulee. Bottle of Aussie Cab Sauv.
    I'm stuffed. Worth every bite.

Need to walk tomorrow. Feeling the carb load on top of the cramps and all that crap.