Page 98 of 250 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 98

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    A good pool lounge for the afternoon, that is until I was floating about on the foam "pool noodles" I felt something on my leg...thought it was the water lapping up as I lounged with eyes closed, then opened my eyes to see a huge grasshopper sitting on my thigh, apparently using mecce as a floatation device...not so nice! Otherwise, glorious.
    Yikes! I have quite a terror of grasshoppers.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Stomach is a bit off too, the only thing I can attribute it to maybe is the drinks from last night...yeah, I am on vacation, but no reason to imbibe several every night.
    It's a very good reason

Very hot Some chicken liver pate on cucumber slices (tasted better the first day...now it's all dark on top like avocado goes when open, and looks suspiciously like cat food...or mud, as son #2 described it).
    Eeewwwwww
    Last edited by winencandy; 08-02-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Your staycation sounds glorious.

I like the sound of your Eastern European deli, I have one like that around the corner from my boyfriend's place. You've inspired me to head over there this afternoon. They have a wonderful selection of weird stuff I would never try otherwise, plus some seriously delicious antipasto things.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Blast. I had a decent post that vanished. I'll be back later...

I hate it when that happens.
    If I'm writing a long post, I write it in word and then copy/paste.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I once in a while do the cut and paste, but today was just a ramble, as usual, not intended to be long.

Attempt #2...

Nearly 9 hours of sleep to start the day, up at 930, and only had one coffee instead of the usual 2 (large ones at that). Did have wine last night, but not a large amount. Oh, and a bowl of ice cream... Up and out walking with hubby this morning for over an hour, we included stops with 10 pushups, 10 box jumps onto park benches, and 3 sprints. I'm feeling that now! My legs are rather tired!

We headed out to a trendy neighbourhood to browse and have lunch. Ended up at an italian bistro with an outdoor shaded patio, had a lovely glass of white, and a spinach salad with red onion, mandarin oranges, mushrooms, pecans & sunflower seeds with a blue cheese/raspberry vinaigrette (odd combo but tasted good) with a 4 oz piece of grilled salmon. We were going to stop into a good tattoo place to chat, getting one is going to happen eventually, but I don't yet have something particular in mind. Anyway, the place is closed on Tuesdays, ah well, another day. Then on the way home a gelato stop happened. I had a scoop of strawberry and coconut/chocolate/caramel...should have only had the one...ate it but then felt super full and sugar high and fuzzy. That'll teach me! Felt still off when driving out later to pick up the CSA box, and once the sugar high ended, I needed meat.

Dinner was 2 grilled pork chops with SOG BBQ sauce, steamed green/yellow beans from the CSA, and half a cup of white rice cooked in chicken stock.

We were looking at going out tonight, there's a 2 week long festival in the city with pavilions all over featuring the foods and culture/entertainment from nearly 50 different nations/regions, kind of like Epcot at Disney. I think the gelato did us in, so will probably go to one or two of them tomorrow.

Just over 8 hours of sleep, up to take son #1 to work, thank god he's recently been doing mostly days instead of those crazy late night shifts. Thought about walking, but it was threatening to rain, and my right knee is kind of sore for some reason since yesterday. Same knee I had surgery on 2 years ago for a meniscus tear, but this pain is on the lateral side instead of the inside where it was injured. I'm also feeling it from the sprints/jumps/pushups too. Anyway, no walk. A niggling headache for a while too, but it's mostly gone now. And I made some homemade soup (packaged chicken broth, but at least the no added crap stuff).

I had an eye exam this afternoon, my pupils are still really dilated after now nearly 4 hours...hope they return to normal soon. Near vision is a bit off still as well. Ordered some new contact lenses, and will be getting new glasses once I get back to work.

We're heading out soon to catch the show at the Greek pavilion for the festival, I shall endeavor to stay away from the baklava. No doubt a sugar coma would follow a piece of that stuff!

Today's eats:
    black coffee, a pork chop with 2 over easy eggs
    a few pecans and one small pepperoni stick
    dinner of cajun spiced fish tacos on lettuce leaves with cumin/yogurt based slaw. A big bowl of cream of greens soup, made to use up more CSA greens, this time kale, beet greens, swiss chard in chicken broth with coconut milk and lime. It's good.

I oUp and out walking with hubby this morning for over an hour, we included stops with 10 pushups, 10 box jumps onto park benches, and 3 sprints. I'm feeling that now! My legs are rather tired!
    That's great! The last time my Farmer walked with me was in Vegas...

We were looking at going out tonight, there's a 2 week long festival in the city with pavilions all over featuring the foods and culture/entertainment from nearly 50 different nations/regions, kind of like Epcot at Disney.
    Sounds Awesome!

Thought about walking, but it was threatening to rain, and my right knee is kind of sore for some reason since yesterday. Same knee I had surgery on 2 years ago for a meniscus tear, but this pain is on the lateral side instead of the inside where it was injured. I'm also feeling it from the sprints/jumps/pushups too. Anyway, no walk.
    Take care of your knee.

We're heading out soon to catch the show at the Greek pavilion for the festival, I shall endeavor to stay away from the baklava. No doubt a sugar coma would follow a piece of that stuff!
    Back away from the baklava!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I successfully stayed away from the baklava. Actually, hubby did get a piece, but inhaled it too quick for me to even ask for a taste...not that he offered either...maybe that's a good thing. I honestly can't remember the last time I had pastry since Paris last may...oh wait, maybe MIL's wedding cake last Sept...but that's it aside from accidental flour in stuff away from home. I had a small glass of Greek white wine.

My pupils have returned to normal, hooray. What a pain in the ass, but a necessary evil every 2 years. No change in eyesight, no signs of glaucoma or diabetic retinopathy or macular degeneration, so all in all, a good thing.

I'm hungry right now...having a glass of red, had one pepperoni stick and a few more pecans. I should be eating more earlier in the day, I think.

The knee is still a bit sore, but perhaps less than earlier. A walk is in order tomorrow, but no sprints. Maybe pushups & pullups.

Well, last evening's hunger turned to potato chips...didn't have any good meat/protein foods handy and it was an easy out...dumb idea. One of these days I'll learn...yes, could just not have them in the house, but the kids have been wanting some snack foods lately for when they stay up late gaming.

9 hours sleep once again, my body seems to like that amount. Too bad it's just not possible when I work...that would mean bed at 930...I often have to be picking up a kid from somewhere later that that.

Walked with hubby for 75 min, the knee was less sore, did some light jogging but no sprints, and did single leg squats while he did box jumps for 10 each leg, also 10 pushups, and unassisted 1 pullup and 2 chinups in the playground. Nice and sunny & hot. A good float in the pool later on.

Foods thus far:
    black coffee, cup of coconut water post walk, made a mess of scrambled eggs & bacon around 2 pm. A bit later I felt the need for something, so it was a larabar and a plum.

This evening we're heading to the Belgian pavilion, I'll drive so hubby can have beer (I always used to love good beer, but avoid since going primal...my last may have been one gluten free beer at Christmas). I'll have chocolate. No question there. Catching the early performance, so probably grilling steaks when we get home.