Page 95 of 277 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 95

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    yes I like the sound of the sweet potato souffle as well. how'd you do that??

I checked out the link for that torte, but when I saw coconut flour I immediately closed it down. ugh, I just cant stand that stuff.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    This is very good, mind if I copy you?
    Please do. And remind me about it if I seem to be forgetting...

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    yes I like the sound of the sweet potato souffle as well. how'd you do that??
    That I'm not quite sure, but it was tasty. I did get the recipe for the butternut squash soup, which was good enough to lick the bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    I checked out the link for that torte, but when I saw coconut flour I immediately closed it down. ugh, I just cant stand that stuff.
    Really?? That's too bad, it was really good, and the coconut taste is not overwhelming at all. Then again, I like all the stuff I've baked with coconut flour. Was never very keen on coconut in the past, but this last year I've learned to love it. I've started keeping some coconut water around too, though it's hard to find brands with no added sugar, and I have it after hot yoga to for rehydration and electrolyte replacement. Some brands taste better than others. Another acquired taste.

Today was another hot and sunny one. A bit slow going in the morning, probably more due to the martinis once getting home rather than the wine at dinner. My bad.

Out to the natural food store to restock the probiotics & NaturalCalm, found a new brand of coconut water, and a bottle of kombucha. I have a couple more in the fridge too, aiming this week to have those instead of wine in the evening...so is the intent, anyway.

Lounged in the sun in the bikini, and floated around the pool for a while for Vit D therapy, and puttered in the garden for a bit. I'm going to have a crapload of baby tomatoes in a few weeks, can't wait.

Eats:
    B: black coffee, strawberries with greek yogurt, walnut crumbs & shredded coconut, few slices of genoa salami & deli roast turkey. A few cherries at some point.
    D: BBQ'd a whole wild sockeye salmon. Stuffed with onion, dill, thyme & lemon, dotted with butter. Very fine indeed, along with a BAS.
    A vodka soda with lime. Probably more berries later before they turn bad. Soon the local berries will be done, so best to take advantage of the taste of summer.

Definitely bloaty and crampy, as expected just before the flow lets loose. Yet despite this week having a family sized bag of potato chips and a 500 ml tub of haagen daz ice cream, weight is pretty much stable. Over the past week I got in 4 hot yoga classes and walked 3 times for over 3 hours total, so not too bad after all.

Aim for the upcoming week: be calm, don't stress. Yoga one or two classes. Walk at least 3 days. Less wine, none would be better. Get outside in the sun and enjoy my garden and pool.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    its funny, just months ago you were reading my journal and feeling envious about the sun and now its my turn with reading yours. Ahhh sunshine, doesnt it just make everything just feel better!

Yes, sunshine is good. Not much of it during the day today, but it did come out later in the evening, though much cooler today. I put jeans on after work for the first time in weeks, I think. Left work early to take my car in to the garage to maintain the warranty on the rustproofing, Can't believe it's been 2 years this week since I got my new car. Still seems new to me.

Didn't take a walk at lunch since I had to leave early, and am feeling tired today, was up till midnight again yesterday. Actually snoozed for about 45 min late afternoon.

Foods:
    B: 3 egg omelet with salmon, dill, cream cheese & scallions.
    Took a BAS with salmon for lunch, but wasn't hungry at the time. Mid afternoon I had a larabar & a handful of strawberries & cherries. Yes, rather carby, but it was good, but maybe it contributed to the later fatigue.
    D: hot wings in the oven with Frank's red hot sauce, raw celery, green pepper & cucumber with a bit of guacamole.
    Just had another bowl of berries - strawberries, blueberries & cherries.

I'm also still bloated & crampy, as I expect to be for another day or three. Think an early bed is in order. Yes, I know, you'll believe me when I actually follow through on that thought.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Your food sounds really good again today.
    Are the berries fresh and local?
    The strawberries here finished a couple of weeks ago, the cherries, blackcaps and blueberries are on
    I LOVE fresh summer fruit!

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Think an early bed is in order. Yes, I know, you'll believe me when I actually follow through on that thought.
    heeheehee
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

The strawberries are local, the cherries from BC and fabulous, the blueberries not local at all but fresh and tasty. Can't see not eating them. A good trade in place of a glass of wine for today.

And the sleep? I'm getting there...

I did get into bed earlier than usual, so managed to get 7 hours of sleep, which I consider damn good. Of course, twice, at 1230 and 1 am, son #2 pocket dialed my cell (which was on my nightstand, as son #1 was still out when I went to bed) from his room, so much for do not disturb...

It was a good day that turned into an annoying evening. Not highly productive at work, as there were some award presentations and change of command ceremonies to attend, but a decent day overall. Went out walking in the sunshine for 75 min at noon.

Got home, and made the 15 min drive to the farm to pick up the CSA box: kale, sorrel, sage, radishes, basil, lettuce, snow peas, garlic scapes, chives, bees, mint and lemon mint, broccoli raab and the first little zucchini of the season. Had defrosted some steaks, fired up the grill, and made the boys steak, baked potatoes and carrots with butter & dill. I wasn't hungry as my lunch was late, so ran a few errands, then picked up son #1 from the gym. Fired up the grill for my own dinner around 8pm, put the asparagus on to marinate, sauteed my mushroom. As I went out to put the veg and meat on the BBQ, I severely cursed hubby. The propane tank had run dry. When I last changed the tank over A FEW WEEKS AGO, hubby said he'd have to go refill the empty, as we always keep a spare full and ready to go. Guess what he didn't get done???? Damn, damn, damn. I was really looking forward to no dishes, and a quick grilling. So I had to heat up the oven with the cast iron pan, and to roast the asparagus, and by the time it was all ready, I had a headache.

Then of course, son #2 was acting proud of the chores done from the list I left him, but I had to point out the stuff missed, pretty much a half assed job at best for some things. He did fix the shortfalls before going out to a movie, then is staying at his friend's place (the ones we have a good understanding with the parents). And lazy ass son #1 had done NONE of his things, which have been left for days, and I told him last night he had to do them before going out tonight. I didn't want a fight, but am sorely unimpressed. I did drive him to his friend's house, but told him in no uncertain terms that if this stuff is not done PROPERLY tomorrow, he can forget about the techno concert he has tickets to for tomorrow night. And I mean that. Damn kids. Damn hubby. Damn that I had to get my dress uniform ready for tomorrow as we have another change of command parade to attend (though on a bright note the rumor has it that the new General is going to give us the day off on Friday...keeping my fingers crossed).

So against my intentions, I'm having a rum and diet coke. Yes, booze with crap, and it is good. Then off to bed soon.

Eats:
    630am: black coffee
    9am: 3 egg omelet with salmon, cream cheese, scallions & dill
    230pm: BAS with more salmon.
    nearly 9pm: half a rib steak, roasted asparagus, sauteed mushrooms.

Winding down now from my rant. Maybe it's the rum. Whatever. I emailed hubby a note with the title "a pox on your head". He hasn't yet replied.

Been a few days since I've posted. I've been reading a bit on the forums, but not in the mood to say anything. Wednesday was an evening of frustration with the kids, nothing really worth mentioning at this point, but in the end, I managed about 5 hours of broken sleep Wed night, and when I was sleeping, it was filled with weird, disturbing dreams. Doesn't make for a good mood for the following day. Some more kid frustration on Thursday. Things are sorted out now, however. More sleep would be a great idea. We were given a freebie day off on Friday, which was good. Hubby got home yesterday by noon, did some stuff around the house and garden, and bottled some wine we had brewing.

It's been very hot and humid the past few days, and I'm loving it. Temps in the 30s with high humidity. Excellent pool weather. Being vigilant to keep up on watering my outdoor plants (lots in planter boxes) so they don't wilt and die.

Eats have been pretty consistently meat & veg, berries. Had several alcohol free nights during the week, so that's something. Today's dinner I tried something new along with my BAS. Thawed some basa filets (a mild white fish I'd not had before, but were on a 2 for 1 sale), dipped in egg wash, then coated with walnut, basil, salt & pepper and fried in coconut oil. Most delicious. Hubby, who hates fish that tastes fishy, loved it. I had made burgers earlier for the boys, but son #2 tasted some and said it was "pretty good", son #1 liked it enough to take the last piece for a snack. Definitely an meal to make again.

I finally had my hair salon appointment today, gee, only 8 months since my last cut and color before going to Vegas. Unusual for me. I now have lovely caramel and copper highlights, trimmed but kept all the length, and he finished it up all curly. No, I didn't get a photo, it's gone a bit fuzzy due to the high humidity, I was out in the garden later in the afternoon. He did a good job. Interesting new stylist, he's about 6 foot 5, tatooed and pierced, lifts heavy weights and is a dad of 2 young kids. We had some interesting conversations.

Tonight we have a bottle of bubbles, was thinking of the hot tub, but it's still super hot outside, and distant lightning, so maybe not, as our tub is pretty darn hot. The temp was reading 104F when we were in it last night. A bit much.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ah, started to post and it disappeared. Most annoying.

Another hot and steamy day, humidex over 40C all day. Woke up with a headache, which lasted half the day, and so did hubby. We didn't have that much to drink last night, so don't think it was from that, but I suppose it could be.

Popped by the organic market for local cucumbers, and picked up some tasty bing cherries. Then on to grocery shopping. The Costco just got in coconut water with no added sugar, which is hard to find around here, so I bought a flat of 12 500ml cans for $13. Great after hot yoga or long walks on hot days. A bit carby, but not so bad, and good for electrolyte replacement.

Lay in the sun in bikini for a while, then floated around the pool for a bit. Also managed to get done some laundry, water all my garden and clean my bathroom, which certainly needed it. Got totally grossed out taking out the garbage...lifted the bag out of the can in the hot garage and it had a bunch of maggots wiggling around the top...EWWWW. Hubby flew off to Ottawa this evening, but will be home tomorrow night. Seems nuts just for a couple of meetings, and he has to go back for something else again next week, when we're supposed to be on vacation. We're just hanging around home, and may shift our days off by a few depending on when he has to go back.

Today's eats: didn't really eat until dinner
    black coffee, a cup of coconut water after being in the sun
    grass fed prime rib roast, cucumber, tomato, bit of sweet potato with butter & cinnamon, cherries
    later: some potato chips and some sweetened coconut. (yes, this is the stuff I devoured last time I bought it, but settled for a normal serving today, it is a nice treat, if I can keep it that way. Probably a better choice than ice cream, which I had been thinking about.

All the bloatiness hanging around last week has gone, feeling much better. Funny just from the water retention the scale can go from 147 or more back to 143 two days later. That's why I don't get hung up about those fluctuations.

No early bed for me, son #1 is working until 11, so I need to pick him up. Hopefully will be off to sleep shortly after that.