Page 91 of 270 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 91

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Slept okay. Rather distracted at work, go figure. I did speak to a school counselor, who spoke with the kid today, and is going to speed up his referral to anther counselor that was supposed to happen following the last incident at school. She seemed to think he was pretty open in talking to her, admitting how stupid his actions were. He has a good attitude today, guess we'll see in time if it's genuine or not. I can't help but be skeptical. My stomach was frequently in anxious knots today, though it really shouldn't be. That's why I'm about to head out the door for hot yoga, which I'm hoping relaxes me. I bought some coconut water to rehydrate with afterwards, even though last time's bowel episode after yoga was more likely due to bad sauerkraut than dehydration. I'm pretty well hydrated, though only had a small nibble of food while prepping dinner, I'll eat when I get home. Good way to find out if fasted hot yoga is good or a really bad idea...will let you know.

Fasted hot yoga was just fine, and I feel pretty good. Sweated even more than the last time, if that's possible. I'm glad I went, as I do feel more relaxed, though I worked pretty hard during the class.

I wasn't even hungry afterwards, but had some dinner: 2 chicken thighs (one chinese 5 spice, one hot sauce), a good sized chunk of bbq pork, celery, radish & cucumber with guacamole. And a pepperoni stick a while later.

Tomorrow I'll need to remember to slow down and breathe if I get wound up again. "Find my centre" as the yoga people like to say, or something like that.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    All good!

Today the counselor that son #2 had the referral for called me, she's going to see him tomorrow. And if needed, she can set him up for more over the summer and then she can continue to follow up when school resumes in the fall, as well as resources for the family. I'm feeling better that the process has started.

Out for a good 80 min walk in the sunshine to and around the park over lunch. Good brisk pace, now my legs are feeling nicely tired out tonight, plus some tightness in the upper body likely due to last night's yoga.

Still working with the smaller eating window (aside from the weekend), so black coffee/tea/water until dinner only.
    Dinner was some lovely smoked bison sausages, no gluten/nitrates/fillers. Lean and tasty. A caprese salad and large green salad. And a chunk of bbq pork.

I do believe I'm feeling some leaning out in the last couple of weeks. Some movement on the scale (in the right direction) and slight measurement changes, am continuing to monitor and will give a proper report when I'm convinced it's not just an anomaly. Interesting, considering my stress level, and sleep has not been ideal. I'm often having some decent sweats at the end of my sleep too, which I'm attributing to hormones. Not quite liking that, but I supppose it's inevitable.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Oh no, not the dreaded night sweats! I'm not looking forward to the start of that particular rollercoaster.

I'm glad to see things are starting to work out, or at least are moving in the right direction. Hopefully this counsellor will be able to find out what's going on with your son and teach him safer ways for him to express himself.

Wtg on the leaning out, are you eating less calories overall do you think? What do you attribute it to?

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Oh no, not the dreaded night sweats! I'm not looking forward to the start of that particular rollercoaster.
    Yeah, not so pleasant. Most nights I wake a bit sweaty in the morning with damp pjs, but on occasion the jammies are uncomfortably sodden.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Wtg on the leaning out, are you eating less calories overall do you think? What do you attribute it to?
    Yes, I've cut the calories, and the not eating until dinnertime helps for that. I have dinner and then something smaller in the evening, plus I'm aiming for higher protein of 100-125 g and not going so liberal on the fat. Lower carb as well, though I rarely seem to hit ketosis, even when I think I should be, I'm not convinced that is needed, but I've never been consistently ketotic for more than a couple of days.

Additional foods:
    half a cup of greek yogurt with a scoop of chocolate protein powder added in mixed with blueberries, strawberries & shredded coconut. Really good.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 06-14-2011 at 07:58 PM.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Yeah, not so pleasant. Most nights I wake a bit sweaty in the morning with damp pjs, but on occasion the jammies are uncomfortably sodden.
    I've been dealing with night sweats for over 10 years. Lately, they wake me up, soaked and requiring a change of clothes. Then I cant fall back to sleep. It's weird, I have only had a few daytime hot flashes.

I cant wait to no longer have periods. It's been going on way too long --42+ years and counting. Ugh!!!

Suse is offline Senior Member
    yeah I was getting some night sweats a while back but they seem to have dropped off. I am so not lookign forward to this whole menopausal crap

The kid met with the counselor today, he said she's "pretty chill", which apparently is a good thing. There was an assessment, and he claims to have responded honestly. They meet again on Monday. Sounds promising. He's being cooperative and talking, so I see it as a good thing.

Didn't get in a workout today, very busy at work, and I had some errands this evening. Fasting until dinner again, and I have hit ketosis. I'll aim to stay here until Saturday, when we are off to a big BBQ, so will probably look at that as a refeed day of sorts. I'm very interested to see if this all makes a difference, let's just call this my n=1 experiment.

Had a good pile of foods for dinner, the last of the BBQ pork and a chicken thigh while prepping, and then a huge 3 jumbo egg omelet with mushrooms, spinach, scallions & fresh mozzarella, topped with organic salsa and homemade guacamole. I took the time to weigh every bit and log into fitday, so my grand total came to 966 cal with 75g of protein. And yes, I'm full, but not exploding. No doubt I'll throw in some more protein later, the greek yogurt/chocolate whey protein/berries/coconut I had yesterday might just fit the bill.

I'm starting to reread "the Paleo Solution" by Robb Wolf. Had started rereading the PB, but I lent it to a colleague at work who I think could use it more at the moment.

I think I'm nearly ready to give up on the Diva cup. Damn thing. I've been "trying" it out for about 6 months now, and think I had one month a while ago where it seemed to stay in the right position, otherwise it's kind of a pain in the ass with leakage and such. I've tried all sorts of ways to get it properly positioned, just when I think I have it, no dice. No good for heavy days thus far. Damn thing, I liked the idea.

No yoga today as I'm crampy and not interested in potential leakage nonsense. And I don't feel like walking. It's a beautiful evening, but no thanks. Kind of tired. I also had a weird brief episode while driving home af"ter work of feeling rather lightheaded, which is obviously not good when driving. Almost felt for about 10 seconds like I was going to have to quickly pull over as I might be on the way to fainting or something. WTF? Never had that happen before, maybe chalk it up to heavy flow day, fasting and cumulative stress. Felt fine by the time I got home.

Fasted till dinner (okay, a tasting here and there while prepping).
    Slow cooker bison blade roast, made the "gravy" again of the drippings & pureed the veg from the pot, served on a bed of sauteed kale. Nomnom. I was still hungry half an hour later, so had a square of 85% chocolate, half a cup of greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder, strawberries & coconut flakes. The protein in the yogurt tasted too sweet today.

The kid is doing a bunch of chores tonight - mowed the lawn, and is cleaning the pool. Not complaining, and seems somewhat motivated. I'm hoping this weekend will not be quite so eventful as last.