Page 90 of 272 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 90

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    This is my life, to such an extent in fact that if I have a solid movement I wonder what I ate to trigger it!
    That's not so good. I'm normally pretty darn regular and good consistency, no longer necessarily daily since going primal, but usually very comfortable. I'd wonder for you if it is some specific food intolerances?

We had a bonus early afternoon off work, hubby & I went out looking at paint samples and finally decided on some new colours, which we'll trial in the family room and if it is good, will take it throughout the house. We last painted 4 years ago, and are ready for a change. We've been deliberating on colours for at least a year. Brought home a few cans of paint.

Also made it out for an hour 15 min walk, hubby tried out his new VFFs. On the way home, I brought up how I felt rather hurt about how he seemed to "take sides" in yesterday's stuff with son #2, which made me feel like I "lost" the whole point. I had to let it out. That's a good thing, because I'm pretty much an expert at keeping things inside until they fester into something quite unnecessary and painful. I still don't think he quite sees my point. He was very quiet for the next hour. All is good now. Still think he doesn't quite get it, or if he does, he's not ready to admit it.

Ended todays fast at 23 hours with a NorCal margarita. Woohoo . This was in progress of dinner prep. Dinner was grilled grass bed steak, grilled asparagus, grilled peppers, sauteed mushrooms. Some lovely South African cabernet pinotage. And I had half a cup of hubby's haagez daz praline & cream ice cream, I think I'm still high on the sugar load.

Planning to hit the farmers' market in the morning.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    ooh yay, a new look. Painting! I'd say 4 years is about right for "time for a change"

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    That's not so good. I'm normally pretty darn regular and good consistency, no longer necessarily daily since going primal, but usually very comfortable. I'd wonder for you if it is some specific food intolerances?
    I really don't know, I tried to pin it down once and I know that kale and too much coconut milk will set me off, I've got no idea what else might be going on. I should probably test myself, but I'm so sick of thinking about what/how I'm eating right now, that I just can't be bothered! Maybe one day..

Not too sure what to say about today. It seems our issues with son #2 are far from sorted out.

We were awakened by a phone call at 440 this morning from the police, informing me that son#2 was enroute by ambulance to the hospital. He's okay, but was a bad episode with substances he's dabbling in. He was supposed to be at one friends house, ended up at another friends place. A phone call like that really stops your heart for a bit. We had him home within a couple of hours. I'm not sure at all where to go with this. I've decided we need to find some family counseling before things spiral into something worse. This really hurts.

Of course, I had been up till about 130, as son #1 had been at work. Couldn't think about sleep when we got home, so watered my garden, and hit the farmers market (local produce is still sparse, but got a few things), best find today was a bar of handmade goat milk soap, which I'm looking forward to trying out as a facial cleanser. And eggs. Hit the grocery store, and also picked up a few more bedding plants. Planted the plants. Had to finally crash for a nap close to 230, dozed on and off until crawling out of bed soon after 5. I had planned on either hot yoga or a long walk today, but didn't do either, decided physically the hot yoga probably wasn't a good idea, and the walk just never happened, and I had to make dinner.

Had an omelette & bacon late morning, grilled pork and BAS for dinner.

I feel very tired.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I am so sorry bout son # 2, you must have been terrified!

Imo, he has just forfeited his right to be treated like an adult and needs to be punished as a child would be, since that's how he's behaving. He needs a serious wake-up call.

Please take this in the spirit it's meant (meaning I want to help and don't know your son at all). I personally would remove all priviledges from him, grounded, home-school-home, no activities, no friends, no facebook, no cell-phone, no computer time. I would take everything away and make him earn them back. These things are priviledges, not rights and atm he doesn't deserve them. He's proved that he can't be trusted to make sensible decisions for himself, so therefore he forfeits the right to make any.

Now, I don't know if that would work or make things worse because I don't know your son. I just know that this is what I would do in your situation. Obviously you guys need to figure out what will work best for your family.

I really feel for you and wish I could give you a huge hug.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Greensprout, First let me say I know about those heart stopping moments. I have had more than one.

I'm sorry you are dealing with, what seems to be, escalating issues. I also agree with Em. You've given him every opportunity to prove he can and will make appropriate choices. Ending up in the hospital, says to me, he lacks the desire or ability to make good choices.

I also think counseling is in order. I think you and your husband should find a therapist you trust and are comfortable with. Then let him/her decide if family/group or individual sessions( some with you, some with your son) are in order. He/she may also suggest separate therapists for you/husband and your son. They can then work together to bring about the necessary changes that everyone needs to make to insure everyone's growth and well being.

I don't know how I would have stayed sane if I hadn't had a team of therapists to help me/us through our ordeal. That being said, if my experience is any indication, things can and do get better.

Hang in there!

Em and marcadav, thanks for your thoughts.

We've placed some restrictions, one of which was taking his phone. He also has to find a way to pay for some damages he made at his friend's house last night. I also know from past experience that cutting off everything for him turns him very inward, sullen, in a very bad place internally. I know that we have to seek outside assistance at this point. If we didn't, and more were to happen, I'm not sure I could deal with that if we don't deal with it when there is obviously more going on than we can handle. One of hubby's employees has spent the last couple of weeks dealing with his own 23 year old daughter's intentional overdose, is still in the ICU and in renal failure.

The kid is damn lucky nothing worse happened today, at least he admits it scared him and his friends. I think we also should talk to the other parents. The three of them are not in a good place. Complicating matters, next week is the last of classes, then exams, and then summer break. We both work full time. I need a plan to deal with summer. I have some calls to make on Monday to source some help. And I suppose I should let my boss know a bit about what's up, so he knows why I might be a bit distracted at work...

Oh dear. Virtual hugs at you. I am in total agreement with Em as well. He has violated your trust on far too many occasions now. You definitely need an intervention of some sort here and I can see your problem with having to deal with a surly teenager who thinks they are hard done by. I think you need to get the kid to go and work with the homeless or deprived somewhere (here we have the city mission) If nothing else, it might give him the opportunity to see where he could end up if he carries on with the way of life he seems to be heading for. Trouble with teenagers as we all know (having been one ourselves) is that they dont get it unless "they" themself get it... its not something we can tell them.

Oh lordy, I really feel for you. I hope things improve. How is your husband reacting to all this?

Was up far later last night than necessary, at least both boys were home. Slept okay, but not my most restful. Today I felt considerably out of sorts, stomach churning with anxiety at times, headache at others. Poked about the house aimlessly, did some laundry, but couldn't seem to figure out what I should be doing. Timing didn't really work out today for a yoga class, but I did get out for an hour walk. Not convinced it was helpful, but it certainly wasn't any harm.

Hubby is handling this reasonably. He did vent to me yesterday things he wasn't planning to say to the kid but had to get out. We haven't figured out what we should be doing, but he agrees some professional help is needed, which we also told the kid. He's obviously not keen on the idea, but doesn't really have a choice in that.

Eats:
    coffee with cream, blueberries, raspberries, 2 soft boiled eggs
    my last few macadamias (maybe 6?), couple more blueberries. Bottle of kombucha.
    2 grilled burger patties topped with cheddar, organic salsa & guacamole, good sized green salad.
    There may be chocolate later.

Maybe I'll sleep a bit better tonight??

Sending you sleepy thoughts