Page 89 of 279 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 89

Suse is offline Senior Member
    SEIZE THE DAY! JUST DO IT! hahaha I'm trying to motivate you to not procrastinate. hot yoga sounds good!

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    SEIZE THE DAY! JUST DO IT! hahaha I'm trying to motivate you to not procrastinate. hot yoga sounds good!
    Hehehehehehe . I may stop in there this week to check it out. It's only $40 for a month trial intro pass according to their website. A month of "on ramp" intro for crossfit is $150. I also found out there's a new crossfit place in my end of the city that offers a 10% discount for employees of the hospital that I do casual shifts at. Either place is a bit pricy for monthly fees after that. Some thinking to do.

My course today was good, again. Need to do some reviewing tonight as there's a written and then practical testing tomorrow.

Fasted again until dinner, black coffee, a cup of green sencha tea, and water.
    For dinner I made a meal I made a few months ago that son #2 has been requesting numerous times since. All mixed in a pan: few slices diced bacon, garlic, shallot (my last onion had gone bad), mushrooms, red & green peppers diced, grass fed ground beef, splash of beef stock. Topped with a runny over easy egg and sriracha on top of a bed of wilted spinach. Nomnom. I'm rather stuffed with that. Served on broccoli instead of spinach for the boys.

I'm sort of aiming for lower calorie intake with the smaller eating window. I find that if I just eat what I want, I'm often closer to 2000cal daily, which is evidently much more than I need to take off these last flabby bits that I've been hanging on to for some time. The last couple of days of fasting until dinner have been pretty comfortable, no headache like the last time I did this, perhaps it wasn't related after all. I'll likely be ready for a smallish snack later on before the end of the evening, as is typical for me if I have the smaller window. We'll see how it works, just have to stay at it. That's been an issue lately (well, and then there's the kid stresses, and the not enough sleep, and so on impacting on cortisol), I try something out and then resort back to old patterns when I'm not thinking about it. But it is always grain and legume free, and I'm keeping the dairy to small amounts only here and there. And much lower on the nuts this week so far.

Ah yes, I said I needed to do some studying...

Update on son #2. He spoke to his coach, and decided to play for another couple of weeks before making his final decision. He'll be playing as a forward for the tournament team, which plays games on Saturdays this month, breaks for July, then again in Aug until the finals at end of Aug. I'm kind of surprised, but that shows me that he still enjoys the game and is not completely ready to let it go just yet...but I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks. Most interesting.

I still think I should check out the hot yoga anyway.

PS. I had 6 cherries and a glass of wine since dinner. Didn't need more of a snack. Got in some studying, not a ton, but some, at least.

I did excellent on the testing for the course today, it was on trauma nursing, for anyone who was wondering. We finished early, so I was home by 1pm. Did some laundry, redeemed (finally made the time) a pedicure gift certificate received for Christmas, so now I have lovely, smooth tootsies with copper nails. Decided I'd better not put on the VFFs to walk today till the polish is more settled. Got in for a consult with a new hairstylist...it's been a good 6 months since I've even been for a trim and there are some grays needing attending to. I explained my trying to learn to work with the curl I've discovered, and he has a plan to help me with that, as well as some good colour ideas. Have to wait 2 weeks for an evening appointment, but I think it will be worth it.

I also stopped by the hot yoga studio to check it out. Yes, only $40 for an unlimited class one month intro pass. I'm going to give it a go. Might even be able to fit in my first class tomorrow evening.

Fasted till dinner, had a few nibbles while prepping (including a few spoonsful of rice I made for the boys, maybe 1/4 cup?), so technically about 18 hours.
    D: slow cooker grass fed beef short ribs over cauliflower rice and sauteed asparagus.
    S: pepperoni stick and a chocolate whey protein shake (with water)
    I threw the browned ribs into the cooker, sauteed some diced shallot, garlic. carrots & celery in the pan, then in with the beef. Added some beef broth and red wine, pepper, thyme, rosemary, and a few red pepper flakes. Once done, I removed the meat, and then reduced the juices a bit, added back in the soft diced veg, and pureed the lot. It made a lovely "gravy", that was thick and super tasty. I'll make this one again for sure, I have some bison short ribs in the freezer for next time. Hubby got home a day early, and liked the taste, but as usual, found the short ribs "too fatty and gristly" for him...said "couldn't you make this with different meat?" I said "well, then, it wouldn't be beef short ribs, which was the point"...says him "yeah, but couldn't you make it with different meat?"...<facepalm>. Finally, I said yes, I could make a similar "stew" with different meat. He totally missed the point. Ah well. It was very tasty.

good, you are not procrastinating Look at how much you got done!

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    good, you are not procrastinating Look at how much you got done!
    I'll do you one better...this evening I bought the month pass and did my first hot yoga class . I really enjoyed it. Not for those who don't like to sweat profusely...as in dripping off much of the time. I think I'm going to like this, will try for 2 or 3 classes a week for my month. I can feel it now in my legs and shoulders, maybe more so tomorrow, and much more relaxed after the class too.

Feeling more relaxed was what I needed tonight, as son #1 and I had a small disagreement earlier, and when it came to going to soccer practice tonight, son #2 has concluded that he is done. Says he only agreed the other day to stay for now as he felt pressured by the coach to not let the team down, and so on, but he really doesn't want to play. I wish he had been more clear in the first place, and wanted him to speak to coach in person, but hubby figured an email with a later follow up phone call was sufficient. I'm disappointed hubby didn't back me up on this, which I feel is a point about respect for the coach and not taking the easy way out. Apparently I lost. Shouldn't come to that. I'm glad I went to the yoga class after all of this nonsense. I'm okay, mostly with the kid not playing, just go about doing it appropriately. Says he's looking forward to starting at the gym, so I guess we'd better sort that out this weekend.

Fasted today, but decided to have a little bite before the yoga, as I wasn't sure how I'd handle the heat. Had a few bites of pulled pork to finish it off. Surprisingly, after the class, I actually didn't feel hungry at all, even at 20+ hrs fasted (aside from the maybe 2 oz of meat 2 hours earlier). Waited till after showering to eat a BAS with 2 gluten free smoked sausages with sauerkraut.

And I also did a long walk over my lunch break, 75 min to and around the park. Ambled a bit through the sculpture and English gardens, and along some paths in the forest.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Ah, the internet and cell phones. It makes it so much easier to avoid those unpleasant confrontations doesn't it? Did you hear about the girl who found out that she was dumped when her boyfriend changed his Facebook status to 'Single'!!!!

I'm with you though, I think it's rude and disrespectful to not speak to someone directly in cases like this. It makes it so much easier for people to flake when they can just shoot off a text or an email. Maybe one of the things that used to stop us giving up on things too easily was the fact that we had to look people in the eye when we told them so!

Now I feel like one of those old women complaining about the "youth of today" and how it was different "when I was a girl"

wow, I'm super impressed! Good for you and I'm glad it helped to relax you. Sorry the kids and you arent seeing eye to eye at the mo. I can sort of see his point about not wanting to have the conversation in person IF he felt pressured. But yeah it is totally the easy way out. I have to admit some of my confrontations with my brother have been by email because it is easier. I know he's read it, whereas when I talk to him, i often feel he doesnt listen.

Enjoy your weekend

Glad I'm not the only one thinking the email/phone call was lame. I suppose better than just not showing up. And I do see his point, I am more annoyed that hubby didn't see my perspective and really doesn't see why I felt it was so important. I did chat with the kid later, told him I wasn't intending to make him feel bad when I told him directly that it was the easy out, but that's how I felt, no hard feelings, and so on, he at least sort of gets what I meant, and isn't taking it personally. Whatever...

I ended up having a couple of rounds of sudden very watery diarrhea <yeah, TMI, sorry> last evening. No belly cramps like I would normally expect with that. Not sure the cause, either from the huge sweat of the yoga and rehydrating with plain water (might think about picking up some no sugar added coconut water for future), or the leftover pork (only 4 days old, so don't think so), or maybe the sauerkraut, which has been in the fridge for some time, though it tasted okay. Will throw it out just in case. I did have a whey protein/water shake and some greek yogurt with cherries & coconut after dinner, not long before the bowels let loose, but I haven't had belly issues with dairy and I think the timing wasn't long enough for them to be the cause. As a result, wisely chose to skip my glass of wine, and went to bed by 11. Slept very well, despite waking once extremely sweaty...this has been happening periodically, I think it's the early phase of hormonal levels starting to change. Otherwise feeling quite rested and well today, and the belly is fine.

Planning to fast till dinner again. Will go walking with hubby before dinner, and then maybe grilling some nice steaks tonight.

Alright, work to be done.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    [QUOTE=Greensprout;477570I ended up having a couple of rounds of sudden very watery diarrhea <yeah, TMI, sorry> last evening. No belly cramps like I would normally expect with that. Not sure the cause, either from the huge sweat of the yoga and rehydrating with plain water (might think about picking up some no sugar added coconut water for future), or the leftover pork (only 4 days old, so don't think so), or maybe the sauerkraut, which has been in the fridge for some time, though it tasted okay. Will throw it out just in case. I did have a whey protein/water shake and some greek yogurt with cherries & coconut after dinner, not long before the bowels let loose, but I haven't had belly issues with dairy and I think the timing wasn't long enough for them to be the cause. [/QUOTE]

This is my life, to such an extent in fact that if I have a solid movement I wonder what I ate to trigger it!