Page 87 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 87

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I did manage a decent night's sleep (lights out before 11), but am still tired today. Hubby has volunteered to pick up the boys from work/friends so I'm free to get some decent zzz and no early wakeup tomorrow.

I have a headache...pretty much present for the last few days at varying levels of annoyance. I can't help but wonder if it's related to my reduced eating window this week. I've been fasting through breakfast and lunch, 16-20 hours daily for now the last 4 days. And the headache has been there since Tuesday. Not dehydrated, a bit of wine but not enough to be responsible, sleep less than ideal but I've done worse, stress there but not as bad as last week. Might change things up the next few days and eat earlier in the day. I've also been pretty low on the carbs, more than usual, so perhaps that's related as well.

Today's eats:
    fasted until after work
    S: 1/3 of a leftover pork chop, a few macadamias
    D: roasted peppers & mushrooms, pan fried bison steak topped with garlic chive butter, 5 scallops. Couple glasses of wine.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Take care of that headache and get to sleep!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Didn't get into bed quite as early as planned...more unexpected drama. Turns out wayward son #2 got into a fistfight with another kid last night, we had a call from parent of a friend letting us know. Of course, from what she said and my background as an ER nurse (drives my husband crazy when I can't help bringing up extremes of stuff I've seen), I was rather concerned about potential head injuries. He's okay, sporting a rather impressive black eye, and other assorted scrapes and bruises, but my assessment checks out okay. No need for xrays or head CT...good grief.

Slept late, did groceries and other errands, weeded the front flower beds and put in a few things before it started raining...sunny/cloudy/grey & black clouds/rain/sun all day, and under a tornado watch...not likely to actually come to anything.

Today's eats so far:
    B: coffee with cream
    3pm: a few cherries and macadamias
    6pm: half a pork chop
    Was planning on bacon wrapped pork tenderloin for dinner, but really don't feel like fussing with that now. Probably will be some eggs in some form or another. And maybe bacon.

I have to pack for my trip, at least I don't leave home until around noon, then home Tues evening. 2 days of meetings.

Hopefully no drama for tonight...

Dinner was a big omelette filled with roasted asparagus, scallions & goat cheese. Bacon on the side. Add in a NorCal margarita and a few more cherries & blueberries. Packing is pretty much done. Only 2 nights means carryon luggage only, then I can get out of the airport quick since I have a 2 hour drive from there.

Forgot to mention that I came across the acclaimed "Fage Total" yogurt while in Anchorage. It is thick and tasty, but really, nothing spectacular over the full fat greek yogurt I can find here (Krema and Greek Gods organic). When I found it, of course I had to try it, since so many people seem to be raving about it so much, but now I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I did find some varieties of lovely dark organic chocolate up there however...too bad the same brands aren't around here.

Eats for the next couple of days will be ho hum. Mostly just in the mess hall, at least there's a salad bar which is usually decent. And the rooms have a fridge, which helps. I don't think I'll bother with the gym, but maybe go walking and can always do most of the PBF in my room if I feel motivated.

Another tidbit from the conference in Anchorage. One of keynote speakers was Jayne Poynter, one of the 8 researchers who spent 2 years in Biosphere 2, in the early '90s. She was in charge of the gardens and food production. Most interesting. They were totally self contained for an entire 2 years, producing 85% of their food products, generating oxygen, and such. Her lecture was titled "Suffication, Starvation and Madness", which pretty much says it all. Interestingly, she ended up married to one of the other researchers who was there in the same group...

Suse is offline Senior Member
    dont take this the wrong way, but a good thump to son no.2 is probably just what he needs. I know, I know, it wont help but clearly he's just being a little shit at the moment.

Interesting about the biosphere woman. I wonder if she would think of her time as being a bit like Survivor (my favourite reality tv show!!!)

I hope you have a kind of relaxing few days away from the dramas at home. Time for hubby to take control methinks.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Didn't get into bed quite as early as planned...more unexpected drama. Turns out wayward son #2 got into a fistfight with another kid last night, we had a call from parent of a friend letting us know. Of course, from what she said and my background as an ER nurse (drives my husband crazy when I can't help bringing up extremes of stuff I've seen), I was rather concerned about potential head injuries. He's okay, sporting a rather impressive black eye, and other assorted scrapes and bruises, but my assessment checks out okay. No need for xrays or head CT...good grief.
    {{{{hugs}}}}

I'm glad he's OK.

It will get better. Really.

I have to pack for my trip, at least I don't leave home until around noon, then home Tues evening. 2 days of meetings.
    Have a good, safe trip. Try to relax and not worry too much about what's happening (or not) at home.

Hopefully no drama for tonight...
    Hopefully not! You've had more than you share of drama lately!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    dont take this the wrong way, but a good thump to son no.2 is probably just what he needs. I know, I know, it wont help but clearly he's just being a little shit at the moment.
    Ha, believe me, the same thought has occurred to me more than once. I'd do it myself if I thought it would do any good!!

Sitting in the Toronto airport waiting for my flight home. Had issues with connectivity in my room. Just ordered a bunless bacon cheeseburger with (gasp) fries. And a glass of cabernet. What could be a 2 hour drive from where I was ended up being 3 with nasty city traffic. At least I left early enough to miss the convoy of today's repatriation for the latest Afghanistan casualty travelling along the Highway of Heroes this afternoon. Seeing all those people with Canada flags gathering on every overpass between Trenton and Toronto gave me chills. I honked and waved at them every time as a thanks for their support.

Food has arrived...

Good grief, finally home after a 3 1/2 hour delay...left on time, but apparently a nasty windstorm was at home, so we had to fly right past and land in Saskatoon, refuel, and then fly back home. Everyone is in bed, and I need a few minutes to wind down before bed. I've decided to not go into work until a bit later tomorrow morning, I think that's reasonable after getting home past midnight.

Didn't get any workouts in while away, but eats were not bad. Had thai coconut soup and sashimi (with a touch of white rice) the first night as I was too late for the dining hall. I noted that there were minimal gluten free protein options for the lunches, so had salad with some deli meat and cheese. Only "on the edge" stuff I had was some dark chocolate, the rice, some wine last night (which I might have had at home anyway), and today's fries.

Probably should head off to sleep...

Stayed in bed until after 9, then slowly made my way into work. Not highly productive today, though I have a crapload of stuff to do. After work grabbed some marginal snacks then headed out to son #2's soccer game, and not home until close to 830.

Eats:
    B: coffee with cream, 3 jumbo eggs scrambled with butter
    S: macadamia nuts, a few almonds, 2 pepperoni sticks, 2 squares lindt 70% caramel chocolate
    D: (well after 9pm) shrimp with spinach in garlic/chive butter, a chicken breast.
    Glass of wine.

Time for bed.