Page 83 of 269 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 83

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Glad you had a good time! That food sounds amazing!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I ate amazing fresh wild caught seafood every dinner. I think in order the mains were: halibut, halibut (better the second night), alaska king crab legs, cashew crusted salmon on white bean ragu, seafood stew and then rare yellowfin tuna with a wasabi cream sauce. Most fantastic.
    Sounds awesome!

And I found an individual sized maple bacon cheesecake...it just begged to be eaten. Worth every bite.
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I would certainly break my diet for a maple bacon cheesecake... WOW!!
    Ah, YES!!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Haven't yet caught up on other people's journals, probably won't get there tonight either. A few things on the go, mostly taxiing the kids around for soccer, socializing, and so on. Mom left today, and yesterday we spent a lot of time outdoors getting the backyard sorted out, managed to turn my shoulders a nice shade of pink. I'm hoping to get a few things planted on the upcoming long weekend.

I'm still battling the sugar demon, which actually sort of makes sense considering the other pms stuff going on at the moment. Funny, I never really had sweet cravings that time of month before primal, at least not that much. Maybe because I used to eat more of it more regularly?? Anyway, I had purchased some slightly sweetened young coconut that's sort of dried at Costco...and managed to pretty much dive head first into the bag after work today. Lets just say it hit the sweet spot and I stuffed it in until I actually started to have a belly ache on top of the bloating and cramps. Not particularly my most shining moment. I won't be surprised if it doesn't get my insides moving in a not so pleasant way tomorrow...And a bit of dark chocolate came later. I probably should toss the coconut...Right now I feel very tired, probably coming down off the sugar.

Didn't get to the gym today, as the gym beside my work is closed as it is currently housing a bunch of troops brought in to assist in the flood relief efforts. There is another bigger gym across the base, which is a lot busier. And my locker is off limits, so no walk to the park as there's no place to shower and change. I decided this is a good time to go back to the PB Fitness for a couple of weeks, so did that after work. After a good week of no workouts besides walking, it was a really good challenge. Then a 45 min walk. This was after the coconut load, I had to do something.

Today's eats:
    B: coffee with cream
    L: mom's veggie soup (mostly borscht like with cream), a tin of tuna with a bit of avocado oil
    S: copious amounts of coconut. a pepperoni stick, 8 macadamia nuts, 2 squares dark chocolate.
    D: leftover steak & mushrooms, bit of asparagus. 2 more squares dark chocolate.

I think a good fasting day might be in order for tomorrow. Unless I wake up ravenous from the carb load today, in which case maybe a good meal of eggs might be a good start to the day. We'll see in the morning.

I have to head out shortly and pick up the boys. Will try to get to bed at a reasonable hour, was up late Sunday as it was Mom's last night. I had a 3 hour time change to adjust to from the trip, but think that's sorted out by now, mostly anyway.

A decent night's sleep, nearly 7 hours, could be better but not bad. Stayed in bed an extra bit as I wasn't planning on prepping any meals this morning.

I did decide to go the IF route today. I expect it will end up around 18 hours or so, or at least that's the plan at the moment. Feeling a bit hungry at the moment, but that generally fades with a cup of green tea or something similar.

Oh...forgot to mention...when hubby was in New Orleans last week he actually bought himself a pair of VFFs! Found a shop that had every style in stock, he tried on a bunch and chose the KSO Trek with the heavier sole. Red & black. I'm jealous. I like the sprints I got online, but they are actually a touch big. All the sizing charts said that a size up from your KSO size is needed for the sprints and classics, I kind of thought they seemed a tad long when I first got them, and should have sent them back, but I was so happy to have them, plus they arrived in time for my birthday, and so on. I wear them a lot, but need to stick to the KSOs for longer walks or maybe sprints too. I've had some rubbing spots due to them being a tad large. Phooey. I wish I had had a chance to try them on first, but no stores in the city have them.

IF for 18.5 hours today.
    Black coffee and assorted green tea & water during the day.
    D: homemade caesar salad with BBQ chicken breast, some of the addictive coconut (FAR less than yesterday's coconut fest) plus 1 square dark chocolate
    S: chicken thigh and half a pepperoni stick.
    Maybe something more, on the protein side?

Left work early for PT, so did an hour walk with some jogging spurts and a couple of sprints. Out for son #2's soccer game from 7-925pm. No soccer tomorrow, but son #1 works until 10 or a bit longer, so will have to pick him up. An actual "early" bed is hard to achieve.

Still feeling horribly bloated, waiting for Mother Nature to let loose. Otherwise a good day. Okay, maybe the coconut was unnecessary, but I kept it to a more reasonable amount. And the bag is nearly finished...good grief.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    cant you get little sock things with toes for your VFF's?

That coconut stuff sounds dangerous.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Anyway, I had purchased some slightly sweetened young coconut that's sort of dried at Costco...and managed to pretty much dive head first into the bag after work today. Lets just say it hit the sweet spot and I stuffed it in until I actually started to have a belly ache on top of the bloating and cramps. Not particularly my most shining moment. I won't be surprised if it doesn't get my insides moving in a not so pleasant way tomorrow...And a bit of dark chocolate came later. I probably should toss the coconut...Right now I feel very tired, probably coming down off the sugar.
    I'm not saying anything (Lindt 70%)

Thanks for the warning, I'll NOT look for that coconut!

Oh...forgot to mention...when hubby was in New Orleans last week he actually bought himself a pair of VFFs! Found a shop that had every style in stock, he tried on a bunch and chose the KSO Trek with the heavier sole. Red & black. I'm jealous. I like the sprints I got online, but they are actually a touch big. All the sizing charts said that a size up from your KSO size is needed for the sprints and classics, I kind of thought they seemed a tad long when I first got them, and should have sent them back, but I was so happy to have them, plus they arrived in time for my birthday, and so on. I wear them a lot, but need to stick to the KSOs for longer walks or maybe sprints too. I've had some rubbing spots due to them being a tad large. Phooey. I wish I had had a chance to try them on first, but no stores in the city have them.
    Good for him!
    My sprints are too small...maybe we should switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    +1
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

cant you get little sock things with toes for your VFF's?
    it wouldn't be the same barefoot thing with no socks. Besides, with the sprints (the mary jane sort of style) it would look even stranger than the VFFs alone!

Correct. It is. And it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Thanks for the warning, I'll NOT look for that coconut!
    Definitely don't.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    My sprints are too small...maybe we should switch?
    Hmmm, don't suppose yours are size 40? Mine are 41, but my KSOs in 40 fit great.

And for anyone who has heard the continuing saga with my boys...here's another chapter. And another good hit on my cortisol level.

Had to pick son #2 up from the principal's office a couple of hours ago. Lets just say more of the same, but what seems to be an escalation. Police were involved, as were a lot of kids, no charges, but there is a 3 day suspension. I'm not quite sure where to go this time at the homefront...he's obviously not in the mood to talk right now, which is fine, but I've told him I want his thoughts on helping me to decide how we should address this, rather than me just grounding him/taking his phone/selling him to the gypsies/locking him up in the basement forever/etc and him shutting down and hating me. And yes, hubby is out of town, but home late tonight.

I'm still hoping this is just a bit of an extreme take on a phase that many 14 year old boys go through...Once again I'm not too sure where to go on this one.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    hmmm hug on that one. kids!!. how is your husband going to take this when he gets home. Is this a bullying incident? Or is he in the "I'm just too cool" for everything stage. Is it the kids he hangs around with? sigh, I bet you are doing a lot of that, sighing, lately. Perhaps he just needs some really good counselling time.

By the way, the selling him to gypsies and lockign him in the basement forever, sounds like a really good plan

I am no help whatsoever, but I do feel your pain.