Page 82 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 82

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Now I've got a hankering for burgers with salsa and guacamole.... damn you
    They're really good!

Trying to get stuff done at work today as I have some deadlines for before I leave and so there's some things in order for when I get back...with mixed success.

Out for a good walk at lunch, to the park and back for about 70 minutes. Nice in the sun, temp about 14C. I have a knee that's feeling a bit sore, not sure why. Still tight hamstrings too. I suppose a proper massage would be a good idea, should remember to book one eventually.

Fasted until dinner, total somewhere between 19 and 20 hours.
    0630: black coffee
    1830: 2 oz chicken breast
    1900: 3 jumbo (all double yolk) eggs over easy on a bed of kale & mushrooms, 4 slices bacon. Stuffed. And still am 2 hours later.

The whole lot comes to somewhere around 800 cal...if I get nibbly later I'll have more, if not, no doubt I'll eat plenty more another day. Hadn't specifically planned IF today, but woke up still kind of full from the chicken wings so just didn't bother, and it was easier to not pack a lunch.

Now I'm getting a head start on packing instead of leaving it all until tomorrow, washing stuff, etc. Picking Mom up from the airport after work, and hope to spend some time with her instead of spending the evening packing, and I leave the house around 8am on Sun. I'm going to ask hubby if I can take his netbook along (as my laptop is kinda bulky) since he'll have his iPad2 for his trip, then at least I'll have connectivity in my room, if there's some down time in the evenings. Granted, maybe a week offline isn't such a bad thing. We'll see.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Hmm, yes. Mine is simply avocado, fresh squeezed lime, worchestershire, cumin, whatever hot sauce is at hand, coarsely mash with fork. But alas, not for today. Wings alone in large numbers were plenty. That, plus 2 squares of 71% camino chocolate, one dipped in macadamia butter, the other in hazelnut butter. Nicely satisfied a sweet craving.
    That sounds good. Mine is just avocado, garlic, lemon (or lime) juice, oil (olive or avocado) a tiny pinch of salt, and if I have it, tomato & red (or green) onion.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Now I'm getting a head start on packing instead of leaving it all until tomorrow, washing stuff, etc. Picking Mom up from the airport after work, and hope to spend some time with her instead of spending the evening packing, and I leave the house around 8am on Sun. I'm going to ask hubby if I can take his netbook along (as my laptop is kinda bulky) since he'll have his iPad2 for his trip, then at least I'll have connectivity in my room, if there's some down time in the evenings. Granted, maybe a week offline isn't such a bad thing. We'll see.
    I'm away next week too. I think I'll spend the time "off-line"
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Very busy workday. Even stayed a bit late, and then off to pick up my mom at the airport. Packing pretty much done, just the final stuff in the morning. A long day of flying ahead, and then hello Anchorage for a week. Should be fun.

No workout today, decided to work through lunch to get stuff done.

Today's eats:
    B: coffee with coconut milk
    9am: about 6 macadamia nuts
    12pm: pouch of tuna
    D (7pm): 2 grilled pork chops, big salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

Norcal margarita packing, and some wine with mom.

I've decided to not bring hubby's netbook and to go offline for the week. It makes sense, as the days are all conference, we have a group going and have some work stuff to do in the evenings, and sleep/downtime might be nice too. The forums have become a bit weird lately, some days I find it like a train wreck, where as bad as it is, I can't not read the nonsense.

See you all next week.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Have a great trip, enjoy your down-time

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Yes!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Double yes!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to miss you girls while you are off line have a great week.

I'm back, was home Fri evening. Mom is still here until tomorrow, so just a quick post.

The conference was really good, and the panel presentation my group did went very well. Made a few good contacts as well. The hotel was lovely, and although I didn't get a chance to get out of the city (or even the downtown), Anchorage is quite lovely. My hotel room had a corner, so I had huge windows on 2 sides with views of the ocean and mountains.

I ate amazing fresh wild caught seafood every dinner. I think in order the mains were: halibut, halibut (better the second night), alaska king crab legs, cashew crusted salmon on white bean ragu, seafood stew and then rare yellowfin tuna with a wasabi cream sauce. Most fantastic. I did have a couple of desserts late in the week, and now seem to be in a sweet craving episode, not helped by hubby bringing back some pralines from New Orleans (at least there were only a few). And I found an individual sized maple bacon cheesecake...it just begged to be eaten. Worth every bite.

Yardwork to do today, more later...

Suse is offline Senior Member
    maple bacon cheesecake!!!!!!!! I seriously just cannot even imagine that!!!

Sounds like you definitely didnt need to have any fish oil supplementation during the week

Nice to have you back.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well done on your presentation, glad you had a productive trip. Your food sounds amazing, I could happily eat seafood everyday and your menu sounds great!

Don't worry about the sweet craving, you'll get back on the wagon now you're home. I would certainly break my diet for a maple bacon cheesecake... WOW!!