Page 81 of 278 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 81

Suse is offline Senior Member
    your food is sounding bloody good lately. Actually now that I think about it, everyone's food on their journals is sounding good. Must be a food revolution happening or something.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    your food is sounding bloody good lately.
    Thanks!

Actually now that I think about it, everyone's food on their journals is sounding good. Must be a food revolution happening or something.
    Agreed. Good times for food.

Sitting here scanning federal election results as they come in, certainly some interesting results...

Did the first workout B for NROLFW level 3. I like it. I think I'll continue with this LHT program for a while longer, anyway. Maybe I'll think different in a month, maybe not. Aim for twice weekly, if I can squeeze in 3 times it will be a bonus. I need to make sure I throw in sprints here and there.

I'm going to work at cutting back on the calories. Don't plan to track every day, but focus on protein and be more reasonable with fats. And throw back into the mix more longer fasts. 24 hours once or twice weekly, and am considering trying one of the extended fasts discussed on some recent posts. Next week I'm away for a conference, I'm pretty confident that will go well as far as eating, should be able to do some walking, plus either bodyweight LHT in my room or there seems to be a decent gym in the hotel.

Today's eats:
    B: coffee with coconut milk. It's open, so want to use it up, and it's tasty!
    L: (post workout) BAS with mixed greens, cucumber, celery, tomato, balsamic vinaigrette, 5 oz roast beef.
    D: leftover roast veg (broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, mushrooms), 8 oz roast chicken. Bit of chicken skin warmed up crispy in the pan used to warm the chicken (touch of bacon fat added).
    Glass of wine.

Anticipating a decent bedtime for a change. Lots to get done at work this week, productivity isn't so great when I've not had enough sleep.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Sitting here scanning federal election results as they come in, certainly some interesting results...
    yup

Did the first workout B for NROLFW level 3. I like it. I think I'll continue with this LHT program for a while longer, anyway. Maybe I'll think different in a month, maybe not. Aim for twice weekly, if I can squeeze in 3 times it will be a bonus. I need to make sure I throw in sprints here and there.
    Sounds like a good plan...I need a plan...

I'm going to work at cutting back on the calories. Don't plan to track every day, but focus on protein and be more reasonable with fats. And throw back into the mix more longer fasts. 24 hours once or twice weekly, and am considering trying one of the extended fasts discussed on some recent posts.
    Also sounds good. I think I need to throw a few tracking days in again
    And maybe a few longer fasts...

Next week I'm away for a conference, I'm pretty confident that will go well as far as eating, should be able to do some walking, plus either bodyweight LHT in my room or there seems to be a decent gym in the hotel.
    That's good if you'll have time for walking and LTH. I'm away next week too. I don't think I'll have any time for exercise though...

Anticipating a decent bedtime for a change. Lots to get done at work this week, productivity isn't so great when I've not had enough sleep.
    I need more sleep too. It's already 11:35, so I'm already past "decent" bedtime...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Decided to throw in a nearly 23 hour IF, which just ended with a late dinner.
    B: black coffee
    assorted green & herbal tea during the day
    D: 2 burger patties topped with a bit of cheddar, half a small avocado. salsa, on top of mixed greens & grape tomato with balsamic vinaigrette.

Trying to kickstart myself back into fat burning mode. Went out walking midday, in 1 hour 20 min did about 5 miles to and around the park, with 6 brief hill spints on lovely soft grass. Yay for sprinting!

Son #2 had a soccer game this evening, so it was pretty much necessary to wait until after to eat. Sunny, but breezy and by the end, everyone on the sidelines was damn cold, and my toes were even getting numb. Home finally at nearly 830.

I might need something more to eat. There's still roast chicken left in the fridge...

I think I'd be gnawing my arms off if I didnt eat for 23 hours That doesnt sound like a huge meal after that long a fast... yes, eat some chicken.

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Oh my, those burgers sound good. Why have I never thought of putting salsa on a burger? It's brilliant!

I think I'd be gnawing my arms off if I didnt eat for 23 hours That doesnt sound like a huge meal after that long a fast... yes, eat some chicken.
    It wasn't a big meal, but the burger patties were homemade and not particularly small, around 3.5 to 4 oz cooked. And I did have a bit of chicken. With another glass of wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie G View Post
    Oh my, those burgers sound good. Why have I never thought of putting salsa on a burger? It's brilliant!
    It's awesome, especially with avocado or even better- guacamole. Aged cheddar is a bonus. I should try making my own salsa come summertime.

Today's workout at 1130am: NROLFW level 3 workout A. I could have done the circuit of squats/lunges afterwards, but was spent and chose to let it go. After all, I did sprints yesterday...Now my hamstrings and bum are feeling it. I think a combo of yesterday's sprints plus todays deadlifts & lunges.

Today's eats:
    630am: coffee with coconut milk
    1245pm: wilted spinach with a tsp of coconut oil, 2 burger patties with avocado & salsa. Very filling.
    645pm: after one kid soccer game, heading to drop one kid off and pick up another: 5 macadamia nuts
    D: will be hot wings (presently in the oven). Could do celery and guacamole along with, but I don't really feel like making guac at the moment. might just have the wings and be done with it. One vodka soda on the go.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 05-04-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: typo

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    You are rockin the NROLFW!

D: will be hot wings (presently in the oven). Could do celery and guacamole along with, but I don't really feel like making guac at the moment. might just have the wings and be done with it. One vodka soda on the go.
    'cause guac is SO hard to do
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    'cause guac is SO hard to do
    Hmm, yes. Mine is simply avocado, fresh squeezed lime, worchestershire, cumin, whatever hot sauce is at hand, coarsely mash with fork. But alas, not for today. Wings alone in large numbers were plenty. That, plus 2 squares of 71% camino chocolate, one dipped in macadamia butter, the other in hazelnut butter. Nicely satisfied a sweet craving.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Now I've got a hankering for burgers with salsa and guacamole.... damn you