Page 79 of 275 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 79

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i'd love to try the jalapenos with cheese and bacon, just wondering if they would burn my mouth off though? what a baby I am.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
    LOL isn't this why he got himself a new job? ;-)
    So you would think...they seem to see some things as "necessities"...

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    i'd love to try the jalapenos with cheese and bacon, just wondering if they would burn my mouth off though? what a baby I am.
    Actually, these ones were not hot at all, some wimpy little jalapenos. I've had some that were really hot. Worth a try, have a drink and a small dish of yogurt handy to put out fires if they are too peppy for you. Really tasty. I never used to eat this stuff years ago, but hot stuff has been growing on me lately.

Lots to do a work today, as usual. A few more urgent things moved some of my already important projects back a bit. Got to the gym, did the final NROLFW level 2 workout. Felt not bad, really got my heart pumping today, and decided I wasn't interested in the stuffy smelly cardio room, so just the lifting today.

Eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: (post lifting) spinach salad with tomato & cuke and balsamic vinaigrette, 3 small chicken thighs
    S: a few nuts...need to not do this. Silly me bought the costco big mixed nut jar on the weekend...
    D: most of a grilled striploin, grilled asparagus.
    Vodka & soda.

Son #1 had to pay his school principal a visit today, as the first day back after the long weekend and the epic fail attempt at attending the dance on Thursday. He probably got lucky with only one day suspension (tomorrow)...was noted that he's a "good kid", and in the PGL/AP classes. Will leave him some more tasks to do, though he reminded us that he's already been 'punished' with the chores on the weekend. Still no freebie day off IMO.

I'm tired tonight. Planning on watching "Chopped" on the food network then off to bed.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    S: a few nuts...need to not do this. Silly me bought the costco big mixed nut jar on the weekend...
    Why do we do these things?

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Son #1 had to pay his school principal a visit today, as the first day back after the long weekend and the epic fail attempt at attending the dance on Thursday. He probably got lucky with only one day suspension (tomorrow)...was noted that he's a "good kid", and in the PGL/AP classes. Will leave him some more tasks to do, though he reminded us that he's already been 'punished' with the chores on the weekend. Still no freebie day off IMO.
    I agree, no freebie day off!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    oh yes, I agree too!

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    though he reminded us that he's already been 'punished' with the chores on the weekend. Still no freebie day off IMO.
    My favorite lesson-- Make sure you consider ALL the possible consequences of a choice before you make it. Because while you have control over the choice, you don't have control over the consequences that may come as a result of the choice.

The boy did have a few things to do today, which he accomplished. Plus he has to make up his missed classes for today. Perhaps the point has been made.

Son #2 has a school team soccer game right after school across town, had to leave work early to get him there with gear, so worked through what could have been a lunch hour walk. They won. Nice to see him playing, instead of wondering what he's up to out with friends.

Eats:
    B: black coffee. Bit of leftover steak with 2 double yolk over easy eggs and a spoonful of guacamole.
    L: green tea
    mid afternoon: spoonful of coconut oil
    4pm: one pepperoni stick
    D: grass fed taco seasoned beef on spinach, topped with tomato tiny bit of cheddar, guacalmole and sour cream. Glass of wine.

I've been looking over the first few pages of this journal. I can see (aside from the obvious of not enough sleep, wine much more often than required, and so on) that I had the most success in the past when I was doing more frequent IFs. Not just a no breakfast so more of an eating window sort of thing, but actual 18-24 hour IF even 2 times a week. Haven't had a longer than 16 or 18 hour fast in quite some time. I've been reading the new IF threads, including the one about extended fasts with interest. That might be worth some self experimentation. 24 hours is quite doable with the right mindset, I've even lasted over 26 hours more than once. More tweaking is in order here. I've been following the PB for over a year now, and although seeing all sorts of benefits and having no intention of ever resorting back to the CW ways, I've not managed to take off the last of the fat/flab. Perhaps I've just not decided to get serious, yet.

Other point: reviewing the food journals, it seems that I'm eating more now. Epiphany moment. Shouldn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that eating more does not result in fat loss, when the ingested amounts are closer to the 2000 cal range...Duh.

Oh, the times, they are a changin'...
    Last edited by Greensprout; 04-27-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: further musings

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    It's a great idea to look back and reflect sometimes.

I agree completely about trying an IF experiment. I have a 6 hour eating window daily and once a week I do a 24 fast from dinner to dinner. I feel so much better eating this way and I'm finally seeing the flab come off so it's all good!

You're still way ahead of me with the working out. I still can't seem to get any decent sort of routine going. I have no excuse, I have the time and the equipment but it still don't get done!

Good luck with the results of your epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    It's a great idea to look back and reflect sometimes.
    I hadn't done that in a while, seems I was looking at food from a more simple perspective last year, rather than overthinking everything, or just eating with no care as to how much. Still have a few more months to review.

I agree completely about trying an IF experiment. I have a 6 hour eating window daily and once a week I do a 24 fast from dinner to dinner. I feel so much better eating this way and I'm finally seeing the flab come off so it's all good!
    It really seems to be working for you these days too, which is cool. I haven't quite decided on my way ahead, don't think I want to be "locked in" to a specific eating window every day, as I do like breakfast once in a while (warmed over cooked eggs just don't quite work well mid afternoon if they've been sitting cooked in the fridge all day). Definitely need to reintroduce the 24 hour fasts, and consider a longer one.

You're still way ahead of me with the working out. I still can't seem to get any decent sort of routine going. I have no excuse, I have the time and the equipment but it still don't get done!
    I go through those phases for many months at a time too. Currently going strong, so I plan to continue.

Good luck with the results of your epiphany.
    Thanks . And it's really not quite an epiphany...I think I came to this conclusion a while ago while that reality check/counting calories thread was ongoing. Perhaps the realization was not quite enough to move me to action. I think seeing the same thing in my own journal is more of the kick in the ass that I needed to see.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I forged ahead on workout 1 for level 3 of NROLFW today. For some reason I thought it was mostly a repeat of level 2, but it is actually a bunch of new exercises, some of which I needed to look up. Took a bit longer, figuring out the form, and what was a proper weight and so on. Felt pretty worked by the end. And then they wanted a "body weight matrix" thing...24 squats, 12 lunges each leg, 12 jumping lunges each leg, 24 jump squats. Time it, rest for twice the time the set took, then repeat. I gave it a go...holy crap, talk about a killer. Had to take some breaks during the jumping stuff, couldn't possibly do them all back to back. Took 3 min 43 seconds, so walked slowly for the rest, then against my rational sense of reason, repeated. This time took 3 min 55 seconds. Totally spent, this was at noon and my legs still feel like tree stumps. Probably should have gone in the hot tub, but just thought of that now and can't really be bothered. Going to be feeling this all day tomorrow, I'm sure. Workout was at 12 hours fasted.

Today's eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: post workout. BAS with mixed greens, 2 scallions, half an orange pepper, 1 large rib celery, 1 mini cucumber, handful of grape tomatoes, one HB egg (double yolk), tin of wild salmon, balsamic dijon vinaigrette.
    S: after work. one mini lara bar (leftover from the goodie bag from primalCon), 2 almonds, 2 cashews and a pecan half. Stopped myself from having more.
    D: 2 bison smokies (gluten & nitrite free) - a bit dry, quite lean and very tasty, topped with grainy dijon and a cup of sauerkraut. Sauteed shredded brussel sprouts in bacon fat/butter.
    A rum & diet coke and a glass of wine.

I've been rather bloated around the middle since getting home from work today, not quite sure why, shouldn't be from the salad...a bit rumbly with gas at the moment, which is fortunately starting to move. Not so nice in one respect, but quite good in another. No doubt the decision to have a diet coke isn't helping, but this had started before that.

Yay for Friday tomorrow. No big weekend plans, just sort out stuff around home, supposed to be rainy. Son #2 has his first club soccer game of the season on Sun morning, when it's forecast to be 0C with rain/snow. Typical. The last 2 days have been 19C.