Page 77 of 263 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 77

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    cool thanks for that link, will check her out.

And this weekend I will find my medial glute

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Wow Greensprout, PrimalCon sounds like so much fun!!! I wish I could go next year, but I'll be at the beginning of my grad program and won't be able to take the time off .

I know what you mean with the NROLFW boredom. I just can't muster up the enthusiasm for it, I think I need to find some kind of movnat program over here, the idea of scrambling around, lifting your own bodyweight and carrying logs and rocks rather than barbells sounds so much more appealing!

superdeluxe is offline Senior Member
    I really want to get a big truck tire to hit with my sledgehammers. Swinging a hammer around is fun, but I want to hit something. Not too practical in NYC, but at my mother's farm in Vermont, there's loads of room.
    Il faut vivre et non pas seulement exister.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I know what you mean with the NROLFW boredom. I just can't muster up the enthusiasm for it, I think I need to find some kind of movnat program over here, the idea of scrambling around, lifting your own bodyweight and carrying logs and rocks rather than barbells sounds so much more appealing!
    The thing is, right now I have access to a gym right at work where I can go during the workday...so I feel I should be taking advantage of that, hence the standard lifting stuff. Still need to rethink this. I see that levels 3 and 4 of NROLFW are pretty much repeats of level 2, so that doesn't help with the enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
    I really want to get a big truck tire to hit with my sledgehammers. Swinging a hammer around is fun, but I want to hit something. Not too practical in NYC, but at my mother's farm in Vermont, there's loads of room.
    Yes, I don't suppose a big old tire would fit into your apartment...heheh.

My day was good, able to leave work early for the long weekend, so got some errands done as we're having friends over for dinner tomorrow. And hubby and I went out for a good hour long walk in the park, kind of chilly and windy, but not bad. Tried to do some sprinting...but my legs are really tight and I had a pain in my upper inner thigh on one side with running, so no go. Not sure if that's from the weekend or the lifting yesterday, had planned on a bath tonight...but other things have interfered...

So have I said recently that parenting teenagers SUCKS some days?? The boys are both out at a high school dance tonight. Or one still is. The other we had to go out an hour ago and pick up from the vice principal's office, quite drunk. Just great. He's currently pretty much passed out on his bed, I'm regularly checking to make sure he's breathing and so on. He is adamant that he only had alcohol and not mixed with anything. I think it's probably true. He worked out after school, and didn't eat much before going out, so the call came after he'd been out not quite 2 hours...I'm sure he'll be feeling just dandy tomorrow. I think I have chores for him to do. And yes, this is not the one who had been giving me grief lately... Of course, I did this crap as a teen. But it's quite different when it's YOUR kid.

Eats:
    B: 2 jumbo HB eggs with mustard, good bit of leftover pork
    S: pepperoni stick, handful of nuts
    D: chicken wings. Had a rum & diet coke before being called out. Way sweet, first time I've had this in probably a couple months.

I don't think I can relax in the bath. The other kid is still at the dance, staying over at a friends, and being picked up by the other kid's mom. So I think he's fine. Not the ideal way to start my weekend.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Well, the kid survived the night, I'm kind of surprised he didn't get up and be sick or something. Slept for over 12 hours and today says he has a bit of a headache...good. He has a long list of chores to do. At least he ended up home safe. And the other is good, picked him up from his friend's house a while ago, he and said friend are having burgers at the moment.

I'm thinking today's walk may not happen, it's grey, drizzling and chilly. My bum muscles are feeling the glute squeezing from yesterday's walk, haha. So stuff to do around the house and some prep for dinner. Planning on having out some nuts & shrimp, then caprese salad, green salad, striploin steaks, mushrooms, grilled asparagus, and later some berries with coconut milk, toasted coconut & almond slivers, and shaved dark chocolate for dessert.

sibylsybil is offline Senior Member
    Your dinner sounds absolutely wonderful! (especially the desert)
    Life consists with wildness. The most alive is the wildest. (Thoreau)

Suse is offline Senior Member
    seriously those kids will be the death of you. but yes, didnt we all do that!!! whenever i see teenagers nowadays I always think, glad I'm not you!!! Of course, when I saw someone my age when I was a teenager it was the complete opposite. haha, my how we change. It will get better, I just cant quite tell you when.

Hope you have kid doing really girly type chores... cleaning the loo is always a good one... not that i'm saying thats girly per se, just that girls seem more interested in a clean toilet than men.
    ps have PMed you.

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Hey Greensprout...just thought I'd pay you back the favor and drop in on your journal thread. Sounds like Primal-Con was awesome. And what does NROLFW stand for again? I gathered from your posts its a work out regimen that is unorthodox....but what exactly?

Also, I hear you on the teenagers!!! Let me tell you....girls aren't any better. I have three (ages 13,11,3) and a boy (8). While its just starting for me....I cant imagine what I will do when I get the call you got about oldest daughter or any of mine being drunk. I know I did it (and much worse when I was her age now!!!) too as a teenager. But I just cant stand the thought of her doing that to herself. How did our parents survive us???
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about your son getting drunk at a school dance. I NEVER drank in high school. I toked once or twice but never drank. My mom never knew about the toking. Most of friends were either stoners or goody two shoes(an odd mix, but it's a small town).

My college roommate told me that when she would come home drunk and hungover, her mom would make her go shopping the next day as punishment. I find that an interesting idea as well.
    Georgette

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    I was a bad apple! I started drinking, drugs, smoking all at age 12 .. My mom had a rough time with me ... * I guess i'm gonna be in trouble when my boys get a bit older.. :| *
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)