Page 74 of 264 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 74

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    soooo I hope those kinks all got worked out

and again... jealous of you and wnc with your curly cute hair. I would like to be "cute"

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Today is a bit odd. Gray and damp outside, I'm tired from being up late last night (with a good bit of wine) and then up early to take son to his job orientation. I tried for a nap, which didn't really happen. Very slowly working on the essay.

It's one of those days where I keep eating...so far:
    coffee with coconut milk, 2 double yolk eggs scrambled in chicken fat with cream cheese and several oz of roast chicken, an apple with almond butter, 3 dark chocolate squares, a small dish of potato chips, 2 pepperoni sticks.

It might make sense for being a premenstrual hunger thing, but that should be 7-10 days yet to go, though that sometimes varies.

Making salmon later for dinner.

I'm a good halfway done on the assignment. Getting there.

For dinner I made salmon in a nonprimal way, as special request of one of the kids. Marinated in dark soy sauce (yes, soy, plus wheat flour and sugar in it) and toasted sesame oil, then roasted. I ate a piece, plus a bit of white rice with butter and roasted asparagus. One more chocolate later. Guess I'll chalk it up to an unplanned carb refeed day...maybe just stress eating due to kid stuff and the homework, maybe hormonal, whatever. I won't sweat one day. Not feeling any ill effects from the soy sauce, other than maybe from the salt content.

On a positive note, now that hubby has moved some crap around in the basement my pullup bar is once again accessible. So whenever I've gone down to the basement the last two days I make myself do a pullup (bit of a struggle to get my chin over the bar, but not bad) or a chinup (good with those). Will try to keep doing that. Every little bit counts. Didn't get any walk in this weekend, rainy yesterday, and when it finally got nice this evening I was in homework mode, so no go. Ah well.

Can't wait for PrimalCon. Have to get through finishing the essay plus 3 days of work first, plus sorting out foods for the boys, sorting out all the ground rules for them, and also direction for the friends who will be checking up on them regularly (and randomly...). Hoping to be able to trust the boys to behave, I know they can if they choose to. As long as they choose to...

Aila is offline Senior Member
    Hi Greensprout,

I've been reading along, but don't think I've yet said hello...

Anyhow, I certainly know what it is to prepare something because the kids want it that way!

Great that you are able to access the pull up bar again, and working it into your routine...

PrimalCon! Is it your first? I'm determined to go next year! Please report back and let us know how it was!
    48 yo single mom
    5'2", goal weight 110lb/50kg
    Healing from a very well-intentioned (but disastrous) near lifelong vegetarianism...

183.0 - CW FIFTY POUNDS RELEASED!
    233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

Hi Aila, and thanks for stopping by . As for the salmon, I suppose I could have kept some out for me and prepped it better, but not the end of the world. Yes, my first PrimalCon, last year I was very new at this and there wasn't much notice, so this time I signed up right away when it was announced in July. I promise to take photos and report back!

Victory...the essay is done!! Leaving the final editing and checking for format and references tomorrow, but done otherwise. Phew. Now I can start focusing on all the prep for the trip, more for the boys than for me. Packing light.

Did my LHT today, followed by a 30 min brisk walk. Up to 95 lb on the deadlift, still need some work on the form.

Eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: (post workout) BAS of celery, cucumber, red pepper, shredded cabbage, cauliflower and tomato with balsamic vinaigrette, a good portion of chicken thigh. Then I found chocolate in my bag...must have had about 5 or 6 pieces while writing a performance evaluation. Good grief.
    D: large mess of hot wings. I'm still full. No more for me tonight.
    A vodka soda while working on the paper.

Lots to get done at work over the next 2 days, plus have to get one kid for a haircut, and the other needs pants and shoes for his new job, he'll get a kitchen worker jacket and cap at the restaurant. He's just waiting to get his work schedule for when his shifts start.

I managed a better pullup tonight with my chin fully over the bar. Still got it

I am looking forward to hearing all about Primalcon. Glad you got the essay done.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    For dinner I made salmon in a nonprimal way, as special request of one of the kids. Marinated in dark soy sauce (yes, soy, plus wheat flour and sugar in it) and toasted sesame oil, then roasted. I ate a piece, plus a bit of white rice with butter and roasted asparagus. One more chocolate later. Guess I'll chalk it up to an unplanned carb refeed day...maybe just stress eating due to kid stuff and the homework, maybe hormonal, whatever. I won't sweat one day. Not feeling any ill effects from the soy sauce, other than maybe from the salt content.
    I wouldn't sweat it either
    I saw the chocolate...

On a positive note, now that hubby has moved some crap around in the basement my pullup bar is once again accessible. So whenever I've gone down to the basement the last two days I make myself do a pullup (bit of a struggle to get my chin over the bar, but not bad) or a chinup (good with those). Will try to keep doing that. Every little bit counts.
    Yes!

Can't wait for PrimalCon.
    Hoping to be able to trust the boys to behave, I know they can if they choose to. As long as they choose to...
    They will.
    You could always tell them that you are trusting them (it's a "test") and if they prove themselves untrustworthy (of they "fail") then they will have a really crappy summer BUT if they prove they can be trusted, then they will have earned more freedom this summer. (You, of course, decide what you mean by "freedom" )

Then I found chocolate in my bag...must have had about 5 or 6 pieces while writing a performance evaluation. Good grief.
    Now HOW did that chocolate get in your bag?????

I managed a better pullup tonight with my chin fully over the bar. Still got it
    Excellent!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    They will.
    You could always tell them that you are trusting them (it's a "test") and if they prove themselves untrustworthy (of they "fail") then they will have a really crappy summer BUT if they prove they can be trusted, then they will have earned more freedom this summer. (You, of course, decide what you mean by "freedom" )
    That's what I'm hoping. They're at least telling us what we are wanting to hear and seem sincere...I really don't want to ruin my PrimalCon experience by worrying about them. Will trust and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Now HOW did that chocolate get in your bag?????
    Um, well...<lowering eyes in guilty fashion>...I bought some on Friday at lunch, and forgot to take it out of my bag to stash away at home over the weekend. So in the midst of work, there it was...and was still there today...ate 3 pieces. Left the rest out at work. So there.

Paper is edited and submitted, for better or worse. Course is now over.

Now I just need to get the homefront organized and start packing. Taking a carry-on bags only, I figure my 2 pair of VFFs along with mostly comfy workout type clothes, shorts a sweater, bathing suit and one pair of jeans to travel in will be sufficient. Maybe one "normal" pair of casual shoes, plus flip flops for the pool/hot tub. I saw on the blog the menu is posted for the weekend's primal meals...can't wait!! Looks amazing. I'm not going to worry about getting to the gym tomorrow, the weekend will be active enough I think. If I skip the gym and work through lunch (I eat at my desk most days anyway), I should be able to convince the boss to let me out early so I can pick up groceries and precook some stuff for the kids. Chicken, burger patties, fruit & veg, and they want some pizzas too, so I can live with that. Lots of eggs in the fridge (which they are good at cooking), bacon, and cheese. They should survive.

Get this...on the way to work this morning, hubby said something about today being the last day at work for the week...I said "not quite"...seems that despite the discussion we had a while ago when I was thinking about taking a day off either before leaving or after coming home to get organized, but we decided it wasn't really necessary, and getting back to a short work week because of Good Friday, he recall it differently...and is taking both tomorrow and Tuesday off (we fly home on Mon). WTF?? Not the end of the world, but it took me quite by surprise, and I sort of feel shortchanged now. Too much on at work to decide at the last minute to change my leave plans, since I didn't forecast it in my workload.

So home on Mon early evening (if no delays), work Tue-Thur, holiday weekend, which is cut short (we have Easter Mon as a stat holiday) since I have to fly to Wisconsin on Mon for planning meetings on the Tue & Wed, a continuation of the trip I had in Feb to Mississippi. Then a week at work, and off to a conference in Anchorage for a week on the 7th. Coincidentally, hubby has a conference to attend in New Orleans the same week, but this time I'm able to import my Mom to stay with the boys while we're away. She wasn't available this week. At least that will be easier for everybody, and well worth the airfare to bring her in.

Ok, enough of a ramble for now.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    That's what I'm hoping. They're at least telling us what we are wanting to hear and seem sincere...I really don't want to ruin my PrimalCon experience by worrying about them. Will trust and hope for the best.
    Yup, trust them and enjoy PrimalCon!

Um, well...<lowering eyes in guilty fashion>...I bought some on Friday at lunch, and forgot to take it out of my bag to stash away at home over the weekend. So in the midst of work, there it was...and was still there today...ate 3 pieces. Left the rest out at work. So there.

Course is now over.
    Yes!

Now I just need to get the homefront organized and start packing.

...he recall it differently...and is taking both tomorrow and Tuesday off (we fly home on Mon). WTF?? Not the end of the world, but it took me quite by surprise, and I sort of feel shortchanged now.
    So let him organize the homefront, pack (his stuff) and get the groceries
    AND unpack and clean when you get home

Your schedule sounds busy for the next few weeks!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Yes i agree with WNC, hubby has got a free day, let him do all the work