Page 73 of 275 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 73

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    My oldest has worked in the kitchens of quite a few restaurants. Everything from fancy French to a late night Montreal Pizzeria.
    He has made me several excellent dishes.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that this works out and he can feed me for a change

Forgot to add today's eats, I was hungry today.
    B: coffee with coconut milk (was open in the fridge, been a while since I had this, and it was very good)
    3 scrambled eggs with ground pork, then a bowl of beef curry kale soup with pork rind croutons
    S: 6 macadamia nuts
    D: 3 grass fed beef burgers (about 1/4 lb each uncooked) with cheddar, avocado slices and a big salad of greens, cucumber, mushroom, tomato with balsamic/acv/evoo/avocado oil/garlic/thyme/shallot. Full now.

Eats for today:
    B: black coffee
    L: (post workout) last of the beef curry kale soup with pork rind croutons, the last beef burger pattie
    D: mexican fritatta: cooked ground pork, mushrooms, red pepper, spinach, pickled jalapenos, egg, cheddar topped with salsa & sour cream. Got inspired when hubby said he wanted his spicy.

The reason for the fritatta is that I got my hands on fresh organic free range eggs again! Finally connected with the people I used to get the jumbo eggs from at last summers farmer's market, so I got a case of jumbos delivered...4 flats for me (20 eggs per flat) and 2 for our friends. These are the ones that most have double yolk, and those that don't are massive anyway. One egg is pretty much like 2 store bought "large" eggs. Yay!

Did my lifting day at the gym, still not feeling quite 100%, but made it through. Was subbing side planks (hand and feet) at the end for some other core exercise, and my arms literally couldn't hold me up longer than 30-40 seconds. Never had that happen before. Decided I was done, as it was the last exercise anyway, so no walking or cardio like usual. That's okay. The lifting is the more important part anyway.

Still had the mild niggling of the headache most of the day, and it's a bit stronger again this evening. I used to get headaches a lot, which were pretty much tension type ones, go well with stress and jaw clenching/tooth grinding, which fortunately, I don't do anymore. Was a big problem for a number of years, but not really at all in the past 5 years or more.

Had my annual dentist checkup today. I have noticed that since eating primal, my teeth do seem cleaner, less staining from coffee/wine, and decidedly less plaque buildup despite not changing my dental hygiene practices. Now being military, we generally get a different dentist every time we go, so this one was new for me. She was so surprised by the absence of plaque, which seems to be expected after a year, that she nearly accused me of brushing to hard..."your mouth is almost TOO clean...do you scrub your teeth like scrubbing the floor?" Seriously??? I was advised years ago to brush gentle with a soft brush and have heeded that advice. When hubby brushes, he scrubs so hard that I cringe, but not me. And I did switch to fluoride free toothpaste many months ago too, not sure if that made a difference also.

So instead of being praised for great oral hygiene, I get chastised for being too aggressive. WTF??? Whatever. I know they look better and I have FAR less sensitivity issues this past year than I have ever had as long as I can remember. Including when I used sensodyne and other such toothpastes meant to deal with sensitivity problems. Whatever. I did tell her I now don't consume grains and rarely have sugar...didn't seem to have much of an impact on her opinion.

Maybe early to bed (really, I mean it) and try to get rid of this stupid headache.

winencandy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Still had the mild niggling of the headache most of the day, and it's a bit stronger again this evening. I used to get headaches a lot, which were pretty much tension type ones, go well with stress and jaw clenching/tooth grinding, which fortunately, I don't do anymore. Was a big problem for a number of years, but not really at all in the past 5 years or more.
    I hope your headache goes away soon.

I clench my jaws I was SO bad that I was convinced that I had cavities because my teeth hurt so much. The dentist made a mouth guard ($) for me to wear at night. I wear it for a while and then my jaws/teeth feel better and then I "forget" to were it for a while, them my jaw and teeth start hurting again, and I start wearing it again...big fun...

Had my annual dentist checkup today. I have noticed that since eating primal, my teeth do seem cleaner, less staining from coffee/wine, and decidedly less plaque buildup despite not changing my dental hygiene practices. Now being military, we generally get a different dentist every time we go, so this one was new for me. She was so surprised by the absence of plaque, which seems to be expected after a year, that she nearly accused me of brushing to hard..."your mouth is almost TOO clean...do you scrub your teeth like scrubbing the floor?" Seriously??? I was advised years ago to brush gentle with a soft brush and have heeded that advice. When hubby brushes, he scrubs so hard that I cringe, but not me. And I did switch to fluoride free toothpaste many months ago too, not sure if that made a difference also.

So instead of being praised for great oral hygiene, I get chastised for being too aggressive. WTF??? Whatever. I know they look better and I have FAR less sensitivity issues this past year than I have ever had as long as I can remember. Including when I used sensodyne and other such toothpastes meant to deal with sensitivity problems. Whatever. I did tell her I now don't consume grains and rarely have sugar...didn't seem to have much of an impact on her opinion.
    Wooooooooooow

At least YOU know the truth...

Maybe early to bed (really, I mean it) and try to get rid of this stupid headache.
    Good luck with that
    I tried it last night and I ended up laying awake for about an hour...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Your dentist's reaction is a hoot! What is it with health professionals these days? they almost get offended at healthy people!

My ex-GP had the same reaction to my last annual check up. Cholesterol, triglycerides, BP, everything was perfect. She said they were good "considering your extra weight." I could almost hear her thinking "but... but... you're fat, you can't be healthy!!"

Hope the headache is all better now.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Your dentist's reaction is a hoot! What is it with health professionals these days? they almost get offended at healthy people!

My ex-GP had the same reaction to my last annual check up. Cholesterol, triglycerides, BP, everything was perfect. She said they were good "considering your extra weight." I could almost hear her thinking "but... but... you're fat, you can't be healthy!!"
    On my last medical in Dec, when the doc plugged my lipid panel into a program to calculate risk and so on, my HDL was too high for the program to take it, he had to put in a lower number to get a calculation. Although the TChol was up from 2 years ago, as was the LDL, the HDL was way up and the Trig were way down. Nice. When I told him I take 5K IU of Vit D daily, the eyebrows went up, he said the Mayo clinic recommends 2K. I'll stick with my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Hope the headache is all better now.
    Mostly.

Not a bad day. Able to wear civvie clothes rather than the uniform today for a contribution to Japan disaster relief, so I went browsing at the mall at lunch. Passed on a workout today. And managed to get really curly hair! Hubby was really surprised that it was all my own curl. Says I look "cute" curly...not sure that's what I'm aiming for at 43, but I think it was a compliment.

Hubby didn't want dinner, as he overindulged in a work lunch potluck, including eating numerous nonprimal stuffs. He made and brought the "fat guacamole devils", which went over very well. I only had to cook for me and one kid, as the other was with friends.

Eats:
    B: coffee with coconut milk
    L: can't really call this lunch...venti starbucks coffee with cream, a package of almonds and 4 pieces of dark chocolate! Hmmm.
    S: after work, 2 small pepperoni sticks
    D: Tbone steak, mushrooms, green salad with balsamic vinaigrette. Red wine.

My shoulders are really stiff... maybe cumulative stress of the week along with the headache (which is mostly gone). Maybe a hot tub tonight, and definitely going to ask hubby to work out the kinks...of course that to him means a direct invitation to more...which is okay with me

Need to get my last essay done this weekend, so I can submit before we head off to CA for PrimalCon on Thursday!!!!!

outlaw48 is offline Member
    Need to get my last essay done this weekend, so I can submit before we head off to CA for PrimalCon on Thursday!!!!!
    Thats awesome!!! I hope you have a great time.

winencandy is online now Senior Member
    And managed to get really curly hair! Hubby was really surprised that it was all my own curl. Says I look "cute" curly...not sure that's what I'm aiming for at 43, but I think it was a compliment.
    of course it was!

My shoulders are really stiff... maybe cumulative stress of the week along with the headache (which is mostly gone). Maybe a hot tub tonight, and definitely going to ask hubby to work out the kinks...of course that to him means a direct invitation to more...which is okay with me
    yup...

we head off to CA for PrimalCon on Thursday!!!!!
    ENJOY!!! Of course we will require full details and lots of photos
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member
    Hey Greensprout, I've been absent but just touching in to say hi. How do you like PrimalCon so far?? How cool that you could go!

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I am so jealous that you get to go to PrimalCon. I'm seriously considering booking up for next year, but the sensible little voice in my head can't go past the fact that spending thousands of dollars for a long weekend is just a little extravagent.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yea, we leave in 5 days for California! 6 am flight, not so nice, with a connection in Denver, but we'll get in at a decent hour. I decided to register pretty much as soon as it was announced last July, and am getting very excited!

Nothing too exciting today. Appointment with investment guy this morning to sort out a few things to retool the education savings plan for the boys, since they're getting closer to needing to use that cash...well, one for sure, the other I hope sorts himself out by then. Then groceries, tossed a big old chicken in the oven with lots of garlic, lemon & thyme, and dozed for a bit instead of doing my essay. Must have needed it.

Eats:
    B: coffee with coconut milk plus one starbucks coffee with cream
    L: bit of leftover steak & mushrooms with 2 double yolk eggs over easy
    S: random times, 8 macadamia nuts, a chocolate ball, small nibbles off the chicken.
    D: salad with cucumber & grape tomatoes with balsamic vinaigrette, bacon wrapped scallops. Wine.

Son #1 starts his job tomorrow...welcome to the working world. Taking him there for a 9 am start.

I think a hot tub and some cava is coming up for the end of the day.