Page 72 of 265 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 72

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I woke up after only 6 hours of sleep (regular time, just stayed up too late) with a nasty headache. So I decided to stay home rather than sit unproductively at my desk feeling cruddy. Went back to bed by 7 until 1045, so I guess I was pretty tired too. Puttered around online for a bit, and was feeling really hungry, ate 3 scrambled eggs with ground pork and was still hungry, so I had a bowl of the beef curry kale soup with pork rinds crushed on top for "croutons" and felt more satisfied. Still a bit headachy and not into homework, so instead I did laundry, vaccuumed, and gave the fridge a complete cleaning inside, which it was very much in need of. So some productivity ensued out of a 'sick' day. And I'm home to take son #1 to his job interview in a bit.

Still working on the curly hair thing. Today it's pretty good, and sort of a "holy crap, how did it get so curly" sort of look.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    grrr, headaches are a pain! Hope you feel better. Perhaps just a build up of stress eh? Good that you made some productive use of your day though.

Am jealous on the curly hair front.

Hey I see Esther Gokhale is going to be teaching samba at Primal con... are you and hubby going to do it?

outlaw48 is offline Member
    Just wanted to say hi and that its neat to see others in the CF doing the primal thing! I'm just down the road in Portage arousing interest with my VFFs at the gym and my stand-up cubicle.

-Will

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I woke up after only 6 hours of sleep (regular time, just stayed up too late) with a nasty headache. So I decided to stay home rather than sit unproductively at my desk feeling cruddy. Went back to bed by 7 until 1045, so I guess I was pretty tired too.
    Strange...I ALSO got a headache at 7 am this morning too, took a couple Advil and went back to sleep until almost 11...

Still working on the curly hair thing. Today it's pretty good, and sort of a "holy crap, how did it get so curly" sort of look.
    It's freaky, isn't it? I "thought" my hair was wavy, but I've got curls!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    grrr, headaches are a pain! Hope you feel better. Perhaps just a build up of stress eh? Good that you made some productive use of your day though.

Am jealous on the curly hair front.

Hey I see Esther Gokhale is going to be teaching samba at Primal con... are you and hubby going to do it?
    Yes, probably stress related headache.
    Still working on the curly thing, but it's encouraging. Probably need a proper cut and products.
    As for samba, I'm planning on dragging hubby along! I once did a few salsa classes, which was a lot of fun. The strangest part about it was that it was on base in Afghanistan at the Dutch social hangout with a bunch of Europeans and Americans!

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw48 View Post
    Just wanted to say hi and that its neat to see others in the CF doing the primal thing! I'm just down the road in Portage arousing interest with my VFFs at the gym and my stand-up cubicle.

-Will
    Hi and welcome! I even did my Expres test in my VFFs this year... And I've seen a couple of others in the gym on base wearing them too. Thinking about a standup cubicle too, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Strange...I ALSO got a headache at 7 am this morning too, took a couple Advil and went back to sleep until almost 11...
    Very strange.

It's freaky, isn't it? I "thought" my hair was wavy, but I've got curls!
    I wonder how we never realized this before??

**and my son got the job!! He'll start Sunday for orientation, and will be kitchen help. They're looking for people willing to work and move up, so sounds like he'll start on prep stuff and hopefully work up to appetizers and so on. He's really excited and it will be a good experience for him. And his buddy got hired also, so they're both thrilled.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 04-06-2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: job news

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Good news!

outlaw48 is offline Member
    I even did my Expres test in my VFFs this year...
    I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. How long did it take you to get comfortable going anything faster than a walk?

I wonder how we never realized this before??
    I don't know. Mine "used" to be curly, I figured it just got straighter as I got older. It would still curl up in the humidity, but the frizz was horrible. I think maybe I might actually "like" my hair this summer!

**and my son got the job!! He'll start Sunday for orientation, and will be kitchen help. They're looking for people willing to work and move up, so sounds like he'll start on prep stuff and hopefully work up to appetizers and so on. He's really excited and it will be a good experience for him. And his buddy got hired also, so they're both thrilled.
    Excellent!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Good news!
    Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw48 View Post
    I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. How long did it take you to get comfortable going anything faster than a walk?
    I worked up to hour long walks last summer when I got them, and after a couple of weeks started adding in some sprints on the grass, which felt good. I've not done a lot of running in them, mostly walking plus sprints. When I did the Expres test I hadn't run in them in a while, as it was Dec (was expecting to do the BFT in early Nov but hurt my back), and although the run was fine on the gym floor, man, were my calves feeling it for DAYS afterwards. When you do start to run in them, just do short bits until your legs adjust, at least that helped me.

I don't know. Mine "used" to be curly, I figured it just got straighter as I got older. It would still curl up in the humidity, but the frizz was horrible. I think maybe I might actually "like" my hair this summer!
    I've always had lots of wave, sometimes on the verge of frizzy curl-like waves, but more straight in the winter. Am cautiously optimistic for curl for the summer!

Excellent!!!
    He says he thinks this will help him out when he eventually leaves home and has to feed himself, and I fully agree. Told him when he learns a few things, he can make something for me! He can cook basic stuff, but has a lot to learn on techniques and so on. Yet he has a mean single hand egg cracking talent that I've yet to master.

My oldest has worked in the kitchens of quite a few restaurants. Everything from fancy French to a late night Montreal Pizzeria.
    He has made me several excellent dishes.
    A couple that stand out are the awesome spinach and goat cheese salad with a homemade raspberry vinaigrette and the from scratch, hand tossed, thin crust pizza with homemade sauce mmmmmm.....
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy