Page 71 of 261 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 71

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I have one. I hardly ever use it. I'm an idiot!
    Ohhh I would sooo be in there EVERY NIGHT!!!
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Suse is offline Senior Member
    yeah, if I had a hot tub, it would be suffering from overuse. Went to visit a friend last night for our book club, her new house has a sauna and a spa pool.... the sauna is currently a storage pantry and the spa pool is empty! What a waste!!!!

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I used to have a T-shirt when I was a kid that said "Ask a teenager while they still know everything.

I still have clear memories of thinking that my parents were the worst sort of mental retards, they just didn't get it!
    Yeah, I guess we were all there once...

Mmmm, I know that's going to bite me in the arse in a couple of years too.
    No doubt.

I have one. I hardly ever use it. I'm an idiot!
    I use mine in spurts...a lot for a while and then not for a good while. Some days I just don't like smelling like chlorine for going to bed and really couldn't be bothered to shower after the tub...seems sort of defeating the purpose of a relaxing soak.

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
    Ohhh I would sooo be in there EVERY NIGHT!!!
    Some days...I used it more when we first got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    yeah, if I had a hot tub, it would be suffering from overuse. Went to visit a friend last night for our book club, her new house has a sauna and a spa pool.... the sauna is currently a storage pantry and the spa pool is empty! What a waste!!!!
    What a waste indeed!!

Workout B of NROLFW level 2. It was good. I think my form was a little off on the deadlifts today however, with 85 lbs total. I might just go back to the regular deadlifts for this workout, rather than off a step like it calls for. Regular ones I seem to have a better feel for so far. A 15 min interval session on the elliptical at the end for some pseudo sprinting.

After the lovely day on Saturday, yesterday was rain/snow mix all day. Today we're back to sunshine and the snow continues to melt. Getting there.

Eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: (post LHT) BAS with greens, cucumber, celery, grape tomatoes, balsamic/evoo/dijon/acv, pork stuffed bacon wrapped chicken breast.
    D: wild caught cod crusted in crushed almonds & dill pan fried in coconut oil, roasted sweet potato cubes with coconut oil, cinnamon & cayenne. All really good and I'm nicely filled up.

Onto the homework now as it didn't happen yesterday, gee, was I distracted or something??? Haven't yet beaten the boy with a sack of oranges. And it's the final 2 weeks for the course and only one more essay to do. Can't wait to get it all done and over.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    L: (post LHT) BAS with greens, cucumber, celery, grape tomatoes, balsamic/evoo/dijon/acv, pork stuffed bacon wrapped chicken breast.
    D: wild caught cod crusted in crushed almonds & dill pan fried in coconut oil, roasted sweet potato cubes with coconut oil, cinnamon & cayenne. All really good and I'm nicely filled up.
    Sounds wonderful! Can I come live with you???

Onto the homework now as it didn't happen yesterday, gee, was I distracted or something??? Haven't yet beaten the boy with a sack of oranges. And it's the final 2 weeks for the course and only one more essay to do. Can't wait to get it all done and over.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I use mine in spurts...a lot for a while and then not for a good while. Some days I just don't like smelling like chlorine for going to bed and really couldn't be bothered to shower after the tub...seems sort of defeating the purpose of a relaxing soak.
    Ah another term lost in translation. My tub is actually a large corner spa bath in my bathroom. It has to be filled from the tap everytime so chlorine isn't an issue. I really have no excuse!

What course are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Sounds wonderful! Can I come live with you???
    You're welcome anytime
    I got the fish idea from somewhere on an old MDA blog post, they were talking about nut & herb crusted chicken, so I figured it would work with fish.
    I would like to eat more fish, just need some good ways to cook it.

Ah another term lost in translation. My tub is actually a large corner spa bath in my bathroom. It has to be filled from the tap everytime so chlorine isn't an issue. I really have no excuse!
    Ah. I have one of those bit jetted bathtubs too, used to use it all the time (though it takes so much water that if anyone had a shower within an hour previous, there isn't enough hot to fill the tub!) but once we got the hot tub I felt like I should have been using that instead. Now I don't use either of them as often as I should.

What course are you doing?
    The last in a series of professional development courses for work (in the military). This one is on leadership and ethics. The last lesson is covering PTSD and combat/peacekeeping mission related stress. Easy reading particularly since I used to work in psychiatry and worked with many of these patients post Bosnia and Rwanda. Now of course, we have a lot of cases from the Gulf and Afghanistan.

You're welcome anytime
    I got the fish idea from somewhere on an old MDA blog post, they were talking about nut & herb crusted chicken, so I figured it would work with fish.
    I would like to eat more fish, just need some good ways to cook it.

Ah. I have one of those bit jetted bathtubs too, used to use it all the time (though it takes so much water that if anyone had a shower within an hour previous, there isn't enough hot to fill the tub!) but once we got the hot tub I felt like I should have been using that instead. Now I don't use either of them as often as I should.

The last in a series of professional development courses for work (in the military). This one is on leadership and ethics. The last lesson is covering PTSD and combat/peacekeeping mission related stress. Easy reading particularly since I used to work in psychiatry and worked with many of these patients post Bosnia and Rwanda. Now of course, we have a lot of cases from the Gulf and Afghanistan.
    I'd like to eat more fish too, but sometimes it is just too fishy?!!

Re the hot tub or spa, I used to have a spa bath in my bathroom but when I renovated, I just put in a normal bath... I find the noise in a confined space is just not relaxing... now if I had a hot tub outside that would be way different. Something like that hot tub I was in in Queenstown would be nice... a button to press so that the roof overhead slides back and you can sit watching the stars... yes that would do!

Your course on combat/peacekeeping stress could come in useful for the teenager...

Another day done.

Did the hour long treadmill walk at the gym today. Legs are feeling heavy afterwards.

I made soup after work with the lovely grass fed beef bone broth I made the last couple of days, after about 40 hours of simmering in the slowcooker. 2 soups actually (with added grass fed beef stew meat), as son #2 wanted grandma's potato soup and I didn't, so I made that for him (had to taste for seasoning, and it was quite yummy), and one for us: beef, onion, garlic, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, lots of kale and then red curry paste & coconut milk. Very good.

Today's eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: (post walk) wilted spinach in the microwave with butter plus leftover cod & one HB egg.
    S: 2 lindt dark chocolate balls sometime in the afternoon...seems they were in my purse.
    D: huge bowl of soup, plus a "roll" of Rivven's angry bread, make one batch split in 2 rolls for hubby and I, not bad with butter.
    S: feeling hungry after dinner??? one pepperoni stick and a few potato chips (from the boy's stash) dipped into cream cheese. Just a few and they were good. Chips were much more my go to junk snack rather than sweets most of the time in the old days. A glass of red.

Downloaded a bunch more of Robb Wolf's paleo podcasts, I'd run out of the ones I had on my ipod. I usually listen to those when I'm at the gym. Lots of good paleo info and best of all, it's free for the downloading! Also did some homework and got my discussion post done for the week, nice.

Big news for the day: son #1 has his first job interview tomorrow! He's been putting in lots of applications around the neighbourhood, and is interviewing at a nice restaurant nearby. He's very excited. I told him to be his usual charming self and be prepared to do whatever is offered, like dishwashing and bussing tables for a start. He's cool with that. One of his best buddies is also interviewing, hopefully they both get hired. He's 16 next month, and is in need of something for the summer plus a bit during school to keep him in spending cash. He's very good with his money (when not paying police fines...haha), and has hopes of saving for a car at some point, granted he is eyeballing my car...yeah, right.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 04-05-2011 at 08:48 PM.

I might need to try rivven's bread. I had soup for lunch but it's just not filling enough. My tummy is rumbling...at least I am not eating lollies or crap though

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    S: 2 lindt dark chocolate balls sometime in the afternoon...seems they were in my purse.

Downloaded a bunch more of Robb Wolf's paleo podcasts, I'd run out of the ones I had on my ipod. I usually listen to those when I'm at the gym. Lots of good paleo info and best of all, it's free for the downloading!
    Maybe I should try this. I usually just listen to music when I run...

Big news for the day: son #1 has his first job interview tomorrow! He's been putting in lots of applications around the neighbourhood, and is interviewing at a nice restaurant nearby. He's very excited.
    I wish him luck on his interview!

granted he is eyeballing my car...yeah, right.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy